Author Topic: President Perry  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
President Perry
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:28:49 AM »
If Perry gets elected--God forbid!--do y'all think he'll stop Sunday sales of alcoholic beverages? I do, and I also expect daylight-hours only alcoholic beverage sales and maybe a re-run attempt on Prohibition.
I also think he'll return the Oil Depletion Allowance back to 21% instead of today's 15%.  That sure will be great for Big Oil, huh?  Plus, I expect at least a 1/3 cut in Social Security benefits and Medicare.  Heck, why not?  Most everybody has a spare bedroom in which to put grandma, and we can all learn how to change IVs and adult diapers, huh?

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: President Perry
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »
Lets not forget that Texas, compared to other states has the highest number of minimum wage workers. The highest number of workers without health insurance, The highest number of children without health insurance and the highest number of adults without health insurance. It also has the highest number of people without a high school diploma. Doesn't sound like a place I want to live.
GuzziJohn

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:16:46 AM »
If Perry gets elected--God forbid!--do y'all think he'll stop Sunday sales of alcoholic beverages? I do, and I also expect daylight-hours only alcoholic beverage sales and maybe a re-run attempt on Prohibition.

junior. Oh my goodness, no Sunday alcohol sales?? You better stock up on Sat. POWDERMAN.  :D :D 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:36:25 AM »
\
I also think he'll return the Oil Depletion Allowance back to 21% instead of today's 15%.  That sure will be great for Big Oil, huh?  Plus, I expect at least a 1/3 cut in Social Security benefits and Medicare.  Heck, why not?  Most everybody has a spare bedroom in which to put grandma, and we can all learn how to change IVs and adult diapers, huh?
Sounds better than second term Barack WHO IS INSANE Obama. 
Alchol sales are under the states.  Different states have different laws for the sale.  I do not see a President changing that. 
Social Security has been so screwed up by the Democrats that we need to do someting about it.  And this is an old chestnut that gets brought out by the media when ever there is a Republican president.  They interview people that are eating Dog or cat food to afford medicine,  they also start showing the homelss on the news again as if there were not homeless or senior problems under the Democrat. 
the Media is predictable, the crazy liberals ar predictable, and they do not have a fix or a plan all they do is moan about the other plans saying not far enough or not enough.  Stop looking at the grips of the left and see what they offer as a fix and what those fixes would do.  all they say is tax, tax this, tax that, close the tax loophole they created.  raising taxes only increase costs and create more poor people as jobs dry up. 
Hey if we need to increase taxes why don't we increase the 60% that is tax on alchol to 75% if we need to raise taxes or 80%?   
As for Oil companies, great anything that cuts the costs of production and the cost of fuel is great.  Lowers the costs of all products. 

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:40:48 AM »
junior you're still drinking the kool-aid.  this is moronic democrat scare tactics that you are repeating.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:01:17 AM »
Has Obama ever allowed normal citizens to pack a gun in their vehicle(without a CCW) and defend their homes against thugs that break in? Perry has! It wasn't already on the books, he signed it! Oh, we can still buy beer, wine on Sundays after 12 noon, just not liquor(which you should have stocked up on Saturday if you really drink that much. If you do, get help). One day I was driving through a southern state about 10 yrs ago, a Sunday, and stopped off to grab beer in the early evening to take to the hotel room. Coolers were padlocked per state law. You don't see that in Texas after 12 noon. Has Obama passed pro gun legislation? Not just ignoring current laws on the books, but put his signature on a pro gun bill? Perry has. Has Obama supported the "No Retreat Law"? Nope... Perry did, thus the "Texas Castle Law". A local thug with 20 felonies, breaks into your home, is raping your child, and holding a gun to your wifes head..........telling her to shut up...... Imagine that scenario...... If you say "I would call 911", then........ I'll leave it at that.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 10:09:58 AM »
The last thing we need is a guy who made a "D" in Economics in college.
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »
What were Obama's grades? If you can find them.....

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
I don't understand college report cards.  could you tell me what all that stuff means?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 10:35:25 AM »
Although I would be one of the last ones to support Perry I wouldn't make to much of the "D" in economics. I have worked with and around people with mental retardation (not counting republicans) since I was 15. During my freshman year the instructor I had for my intro to mental retardation class had a PH.D. but little hands on experience. I had more experience at that time than she did and we butted heads quite often, thus I received a "D". I have since had a very successful career working with people with mental retardation.
GuzziJohn

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »
Anyone currently running would be better than 4 more years of Obama. There is no comparision. Warts and all, everyone of them has him beat by far. The choice is more of the Obamanomics/Hope & Change or a chance to change this dreadfull course. What choice does our country really have?......not much. Going over the cliff for sure seems off-base.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »
Cabin + 1. The "Hope and Change" is nothing more than misery and defeat. Three years into it we are worse off.

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 11:13:29 AM »
guzzi, and Junior, where did ya'll get your information? From a reliable source I'll bet. And guzzi. I hope you were serious about not wanting to live in Texas. I hope a lot of people don't want to ever live in Texas.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
guzzi, and Junior, where did ya'll get your information? From a reliable source I'll bet. And guzzi. I hope you were serious about not wanting to live in Texas. I hope a lot of people don't want to ever live in Texas.
I have never felt as welcome anywhere like I was in Texas.  great state and if all my wifes kin wasn't in Ga. I'd move there.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »
You ain't gonna bring guzzi with ya are ya BUGEYE? He don't like us, and I hope he never does. Saves more for me. ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
Dee, guzzi traveling with me ain't gonna happen. ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:53 AM »
That's a relief!  ;)
GuzziJohn

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 12:03:34 PM »
I have since had a very successful career working with people with mental retardation.
GuzziJohn

guzzi. You already said you worked with the dnc, thanks for clarifying this. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BMoeller

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 01:09:13 PM »

Do you think every doctor, nurse, or lawyer had straight A's?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 01:26:39 PM »
  I would choose the doctor with Ds the nurse with Cs and the surgeon with As. I don't care what grades the lawyer got, I want to see him argue in court.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 01:28:13 PM »
That was back when he was a Democrat.  He ran the Gore Campaign in Texas.
But at least we know he got grades, NO ONE has seem an OBAMA transcript.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 01:30:38 PM »
All I can tell you is "President Perry" sounds a whole heck of a lot better than "President Obama".

Don't put a lot of faith in college grades. Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar for what that is worth.

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »
Which one will follow the Constitution and Bill of Rights the closest? Which one will adhear to principals of sovereignty and national preservation the closest?  I don't care if they are a "D" or an "R", an A+ or an F-.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 01:54:47 PM »
Which one will follow the Constitution and Bill of Rights the closest? Which one will adhear to principals of sovereignty and national preservation the closest?  I don't care if they are a "D" or an "R", an A+ or an F-.
You can give Perry an "F" on that.  He isn't elected yet and already wants to trashcan the Constitution.  If you think the 2nd amendment won't go, too, I heard there's bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 02:12:11 PM »
junior,  you need to have an exorcism to drive out those demons.  or do you have that brain eating amoeba? ::)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 02:35:44 PM »
He isn't elected yet and already wants to trashcan the Constitution.  If you think the 2nd amendment won't go, too, I heard there's bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

If you were worried about the constitution or the second amendment, you would not have voted the way you been voting your whole life.  Your comment doesn't make any sense to me. If I were you I'd be trying to dump my voting habits and try something else, but I'm not you.  So, "Obama for 2012" is about the size and scope of your life at this time.  Or anyone who is democrat and not republican...doesn't matter really does it?  That's as far as you can go Junior.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 03:19:50 PM »
The most important word today is JOBS, and Perry seems to have some very good ideas.  It's something Obama doesn't give much to thought to, except for finding new and amazing ways to kill them.  He has promised to get around to the subject as soon as he is finished with his vacation.  Wait - I know - it will involve "investments", which means throwing even more money down democratic ratholes.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »
Lets not forget that Texas, compared to other states has the highest number of minimum wage workers. The highest number of workers without health insurance, The highest number of children without health insurance and the highest number of adults without health insurance. It also has the highest number of people without a high school diploma. Doesn't sound like a place I want to live.
GuzziJohn

And it's a certainly that Texans would not want you!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
junior you're still drinking the kool-aid.  this is moronic democrat scare tactics that you are repeating.

Just triple up on the Koolaid on Sundays & you can convince yourself your tearing yourself up
on the Beer while you stand over the urinal. At least you won't have to puke, your system is Veeeery used to the Koolaid! ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline jimster

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »
Since Texas has the most people going there to get away from everything else, I would think that in itself shoots Guzzi's statements down. People migrate where they need to in order to survive.  Guzzi's plans have been in place in our state a long time, we lost so many people we also lost representation. Facts are facts, they don't have anything to do with opinions or emotions.  They left our state in ruins. Pictures are famous now of our cities.  They would make movies there for sceince fiction, but there is no way to get camera crews in there and out safely.  :o

It seems people are running away from the left...health care, big union wages, entitlements....for some reason the private sector is running away from it all.  Fast as they can go. Texas will take the conservative hard working private sector folks, they won't want any hair brained ideas from the states they run from.  They sure don't want any ideas from our state, we crashed. 
Lets not forget that Texas, compared to other states has the highest number of minimum wage workers.
We don't have any workers...minimum wage jobs were a chance to pay for school or work your way up...no jobs at all at ANY pay range.
The highest number of workers without health insurance,
Again..no workers here...so no health insurance OR jobs.  The workers went to Texas to find one of those two things mentioned.  Got to have a job before you can BUY health insurance...or be forced to buy it,   ;)