Author Topic: Fair and Balanced????  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Fair and Balanced????
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
Ron Paul was invited to be on prime time with Bill O'Riley.  He refused.  I was going to vote for him in the primaries.  Now I probably will not.  Can he not answer O'Riley's "hard" questions? 

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »
On the politics of the media blackout of Ron Paul:
http://lewrockwell.com/rockwell/lew-rockwell-interview-with-alex-jones190.html
Thanks for the link!Long interview with Rockwell, but worth every minute. ;)

Check this out; Jon Stewart absolutely NAILS the media on how they bend over backwards, twist, contort, and just plain dodge mentioning Ron Paul's popularity.  When they do... it's with an eye-roll meant to connote all those weird people support him...

check it: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »
On the politics of the media blackout of Ron Paul:
http://lewrockwell.com/rockwell/lew-rockwell-interview-with-alex-jones190.html
Thanks for the link!Long interview with Rockwell, but worth every minute. ;)

Check this out; Jon Stewart absolutely NAILS the media on how they bend over backwards, twist, contort, and just plain dodge mentioning Ron Paul's popularity.  When they do... it's with an eye-roll meant to connote all those weird people support him...

check it: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier

Never was a big fan of John Stewart, but in his standup comedy way, he is telling it like it is. The lack of credit given to Paul by the media is shameful. I don't see any room for argument there!

It's so obvious, I cannot for the life of me see why every Conservative Republican in America isn't screaming it from the roof top.! I guess it's because he's not good Tabloid material.Too Old!, Doesn't have that smooth used care salesman pitch, Tells the truth........Not just what people want to hear!, Votes the Constitution.Hates wars, and wants to bring, and would bring our boy's and girl's home. We can't have people like him in the Big House!We need someone to  stir up the animosity between the two sides, not bring us together.

We better wake up! Take off the blinders and get it right for once........."JMO"
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »
Ron Paul was invited to be on prime time with Bill O'Riley.  He refused.  I was going to vote for him in the primaries.  Now I probably will not.  Can he not answer O'Riley's "hard" questions?
refusing to go on with Bill O'Riley is akin to shooting yourself in the foot.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »

That might be what Blowhard O'Reilly hisself might say, but I think Ron Paul could handle him just fine... the 'spinning' would be on O'Reilly's part.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »

That might be what Blowhard O'Reilly hisself might say, but I think Ron Paul could handle him just fine... the 'spinning' would be on O'Reilly's part.

I agree!.
Perhaps, Ron Paul had made a previous engagement that, being an honorable man, he would not cancel to be on O'Reilly. Perhaps, O'Reilly is already spinning it. At first you ignore and when that doesn't work, you spin a lie into truth.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat