Author Topic: Fair and Balanced????  (Read 1913 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Fair and Balanced????
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »

Fox news has always bragged about being fair an balanced!!.......What a bunch of BS :o

The theme of this segment is (How strong is the GOP Presidential playing field) It has nothing to do with the playing field!
About all they talk about is Paul Rand (NOT RUNNING) ::) . Then they chat about S. Palin and Romney, and Waltz all around Ron Paul. I think one of them does mention his name in passing. What a bunch of (*(**&&^%^%)_ >:( Once in a while I turn on the tube just to remind myself why I never watch it anymore.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1124580924001/how-strong-is-gop-presidential-field/?playlist_id=87485
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Fair and Balanced????
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »
That's what you should do & let everyone know, which you are also doing. That's good.

That's what I have done with the network news MSNBC, NPR, CNN, yada, yada

I listen to some talk radio, get good sources where I can. I watch Fox some, realizing it's not all that fair & balanced, but better than the other cable news, which are struggling.

BTW, I saw a poll on Fox today of all things that showed Paul doing very well up against Obama, hmmm.

BTW, which network is giving Ron Paul a really fair shake?  ;)

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:36:14 PM »
nw_hunter,

Fox news talks about all candidates, and some non-candidates.  It is more fair and balanced.   That pearl-and-ivory bastion of Obambastic liberalism, MSNBC [which is always a fave or liberals], deliberately edited a video clip of Gov Perry so they could make an accusation of racism, which is unfounded and malicious.   Fox does not make those types of accusations, neither does CNN.  MSNBC issued an on-air apology the next day, which is b$%#@*&t, and they new that the intended message of malice had been delivered to their audience.

Also, it is liberals who resort to name-calling of other Americans [politicians not included as they are fair game] when they cannot win arguments based meritorious positions.   After all, it is the liberal messiah that has called for a new age of civil discourse.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:48 AM »
SEEN ON FOX NEWS: Ben Stein schools Bill O'Reilly
“Mr. O’Reilly, sir, there is no correlation of raising taxes and unemployment. If you can show it to me, I’ll eat your shoe.”[/color][/size][/font]

[/url][/size][/font]
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 02:30:04 PM »
Corporations and people with money hire other people, and pay them, in order to offer more goods and services with the goal of making a profit.  A market based system I believe you could call a corporatocracy.

When was the last time you got a job from a welfare recipient?

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:48:33 PM »
Corporations and people with money hire other people, and pay them, in order to offer more goods and services with the goal of making a profit.  A market based system I believe you could call a corporatocracy.

When was the last time you got a job from a welfare recipient?

ST762

"when was the last timeyou got a job from a welfare recipient?"  Logical people know the answer, but why ask Libs that question, you are wasting your breath.

In view of the shortcomings of Fox News & OH they have them, I am still asking which TV Network has treated Ron Paul more fairly & I am still asking as it is in keeping with the context of this thread? How bout it?

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:04 AM »
That's what you should do & let everyone know, which you are also doing. That's good.

That's what I have done with the network news MSNBC, NPR, CNN, yada, yada

I listen to some talk radio, get good sources where I can. I watch Fox some, realizing it's not all that fair & balanced, but better than the other cable news, which are struggling.

BTW, I saw a poll on Fox today of all things that showed Paul doing very well up against Obama, hmmm.

BTW, which network is giving Ron Paul a really fair shake?  ;)

The answer to that is................"None of the above"
Grab a pen and pad........watch Fox and write down the number of times they mention Ron Paul in a favorable view compared to Bauchman, Palin, Perry or one of the other chosen!
I bet it will be like ten to one :o And when they do mention Paul, they will usually manage to inject a little (We like him but!) attitude!

None of the Liberal networks like Paul.......Including Faux.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »

Fox news has always bragged about being fair an balanced!!.......What a bunch of BS :o

The theme of this segment is (How strong is the GOP Presidential playing field) It has nothing to do with the playing field!
About all they talk about is Paul Rand (NOT RUNNING) ::) . Then they chat about S. Palin and Romney, and Waltz all around Ron Paul. I think one of them does mention his name in passing. What a bunch of (*(**&&^%^%)_ >:( Once in a while I turn on the tube just to remind myself why I never watch it anymore.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1124580924001/how-strong-is-gop-presidential-field/?playlist_id=87485

That's about the size of it.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »
Jon Stewart of all people did an excellent job of exposing the anti Paul bias of Faux and the rest of the joke media.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »

That's about the size of it.

Agreed

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »
Ron Paul was on fox today via remote and they addressed this very thing.
since 2008 RP had been on fox 28 times and over 50 times total.
do you expect him to be on EVERY segment?

good grief, get real.

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 06:43:27 AM »
Ron Paul was on fox today via remote and they addressed this very thing.
since 2008 RP had been on fox 28 times and over 50 times total.
do you expect him to be on EVERY segment?

good grief, get real.

28 times since 2008............"BOY"
Did they mention how many times Palin,or Romney  has been on?
Prob. every day and since 2008 I would imagine the number of times would exceed 28 or 50.
Truth be known, half of the 28 times would be on Billy O's show, and Billy would be trying to make Paul look like a fool, and failing as usual.(Talk about getting real) ::)

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 08:05:27 AM »
Yes...Most of the time FOXy mentioning RP...it is some kind of a put down...I don't think RP will do interviews on FOXY anymore...especially with Big O...but I could be wrong on that..

..TM7

He's doing one tomorrow

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 08:18:38 AM »
you make it seem as if RP is ignored. when it's obvious he's not.
why don't YOU get fair and balanced?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
you make it seem as if RP is ignored. when it's obvious he's not.
why don't YOU get fair and balanced?

Because I know the difference between saying and actually being.
Like! They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.Try reading between the journalistic lines!

These people on fox, like other networks are hired because they are good at spinning.
It works on most people.You appear to believe everything they say is Gospel and that is all it takes.Most don't, cannot, or won't  take the time to think for themselves and Foxy and the other Liberal networks love to do it for them.They know the old D vs R thing and how to manipulate it. They don't want to have Paul on very often because they have a hard time debating him.He's the real deal! They cannot deal with the truth!

We have the greatest tool to come along in a long time.......The (WWW) USE IT!Break the bonds of SHEEPLEDOM.! You will feel much better about yourself if you do ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
my wife calls it heehaw news because of the short skirts ;D
I do use the WWW and have found a few things about RP that his admirers don't want to admit.
such as anti-semitism and a distinct dislike for blacks.  I will admit that it was several years ago and he may have changed so I'm not holding it against him.  but at the same time the Perry haters swears that Perry is still a democrat and will just carry on obamas programs.
Ron Paul can change, Ronald Reagan can change, Michelle Bachman can change but Rick Perry is a rino who will lead us on the road to ruin.  Perry is man enough to admit it when he does something stupid.  but your man Paul denies ever having been racist or anti-semite when it's all there to see...
if he lies about that, what else will he lie about?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »
uh tm, you didn't address his obvious racism.  we don't need another racist in the whitehouse.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »
... but your man Paul denies ever having been racist or anti-semite when it's all there to see...

Are you now, or have you ever been, a flat-out white supremacist?  Or just a racist?

(I'm reading a book on Joe McCarthy, that's my version of the $64 question)
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »
uh tm, you didn't address his obvious racism.  we don't need another racist in the whitehouse.
I have read all of Paul's books, except the one about the congressional testimony on sound money, and I don't see a racist bone in his body. Would you please give me a concrete example of what you refer.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »
If you really want "Fair & Balanced" just tune into MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, CBS or any one of their local affiliates around the country. Then you will get fair and balanced because they all report the same left wing stuff.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Gary G

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »
On the politics of the media blackout of Ron Paul:

http://lewrockwell.com/rockwell/lew-rockwell-interview-with-alex-jones190.html

Thanks for the link!Long interview with Rockwell, but worth every minute. ;)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 02:23:14 AM »
I have read all of Paul's books, except the one about the congressional testimony on sound money, and I don't see a racist bone in his body. Would you please give me a concrete example of what you refer.
google "ron pauls racist quotes"  it was his newsletters from the early 90s.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 03:18:52 AM »
It's disgusting how Fox calls experts to discuss certain topics; than when the experts disagree with the Fox way of thinking,the host gets in their faces and refused to allow the experts to speak.  Mr. Oh Really and his " you know that" statements show what a bag of wind he is.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:22 AM »
Fair and Balanced, no. But I'm not either. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:55 AM »
If you really want "Fair & Balanced" just tune into MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, CBS or any one of their local affiliates around the country. Then you will get fair and balanced because they all report the same left wing stuff.
MSNBC reports left wing stuff. FOX reports right wing stuff. Listen to both and you get a balanced view.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 04:22:18 AM »
On the politics of the media blackout of Ron Paul:
http://lewrockwell.com/rockwell/lew-rockwell-interview-with-alex-jones190.html

Thanks, Gary G - lots of good stuff at Rockwell's site...

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 07:15:38 AM »
Is nobody going to address RPs racist newsletters?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Gary G

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
Is nobody going to address RPs racist newsletters?
Yes, I will.
Ron Paul is a Libertarian and as such his views are based on the rights of the individual.  Racism is Collectivism; the antithesis of Libertarianism. Here is an article written by Paul long ago that should sooth your concerns:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 07:48:21 AM »
Gary G,  I have no concerns about Paul.  the point I was trying to make is that nobody is perfect, even Paul.  I may vote for him in the primary and I surely will if he gets the nomination.  but the op is insinuating that Perry and others are not fit to be prez and that they'll waste their vote if Paul is not nominated.
to me, wasting a vote is a vote FOR obama.   ymmv

oh, still nobody has addressed his comments in his newsletters from the 90s.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye