Author Topic: GunsAmerica.com?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
GunsAmerica.com?
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:42:42 AM »
Have you had good results selling guns on GunsAmerica.com? Got any tips for using it? Is GunBroker better? I'm uninclined to auction, I'd rather charge a set price.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: GunsAmerica.com?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 04:13:25 PM »
I've never sold but have made a couple of purchases there. Everything was smooth and legit. They seem to have more reasonable prices than Gunbroker, but if you're selling I guess you want to get the most you can.
I would look for a similar model and judge your price accordingly if you want a set price.
Good luck and let us know how your experience goes.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
I have bought several guns through Guns America.  No problems with any of them.  Most people wanted a mail order, or it was a gun/pawn shop and they took a credit card.

I have a wish list with them.  I get two to eight e-mails every day from them about guns coming up for sale that I have on my wish list.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
I stopped wasting my time with Gunsamerica about 3 years ago. Sick and tired of all the moron sellers gaming that system. They list a gun, sell it and never report it sold. You make an inquiry on the gun because you think its still for sale and the seller just ignores you. If they never report it sold they avoid paying the fees to the web site. BS.

I like GunBroker or AuctionArms.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
I have sold all my stuff right here on GBO. If you ask a fair price it sells quickly. I like GunBroker. I dont like GunsAmerica, too much jive.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »
I don't like Guns America either, I have had much better luck with Auctionarms and Gunbrokers. less hassle.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:02:56 AM »
ive bought guns for guns america, auction arms and gun broker and havent had a bad experience with any of them.
blue lives matter

Offline tcencore3006

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:18 AM »
I am partial to gunbroker.  I have bought several items off of their site and sold several as well.
Newest toy? Smith & Wesson 4006

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 06:37:05 AM »
I am partial to gunbroker.  I have bought several items off of their site and sold several as well.

Same here! I like the way their website is designed also. I think it's more user friendly ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline LanceR

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 04:12:50 AM »
For me, GunsAmerica is just to clunky and has too many games being played.

I haven't used AuctionArms in some time but ought to give them a try again to see what my response is.

Gunbroker.com is the auction site of choice for me for both buying and selling firearms related items.  Yes, much of what is listed is shown at high retail but it's is easy to find what I want at lower prices most of the time.  As a seller I appreciate the automatic resisting (up to 50 times) the improved interface and the dynamic bidding.  When a bidder bids in the last minute the auction is extended by a minute to cut down on sniping and allow someone else to up their bid.  I prefer that as a seller but prefer auctions with a hard closing time when I'm buying.

I don't list with reserve pricing and have no patience with it.  I figure you should list an item for the least amount you'll take for it and not be a PITA to folks who have to hunt for your bottom line.  I appreciate that both AuctionArms and Gunbroker show on the search page which are reserve auctions which lets me ignore auctions with reserves.  List your items for the least you'll take, you won't be disappointed and it may sell for quite a bit more.  If you list at a fixed price that's all you are going to get.  In my mind the only times to use a fixed price are when I want to sell in a hurry and price it low or when a lot of other folks have the same item as similar prices.

One downside of GB is that many items are priced well over normal retail but I think that is a result of the policy that you only pay for an item when it sells.  If they had a way to sort searches by price it would make it easier to screen out the folks who list at retail plus 20%.  Optics, in particular seem to be listed at well over the current retail prices. 

I get pretty frustrated with auctions that ask you to contact them to see if the item is in stock.  I can't think of anything less professional.  I don't bother with those sellers either.  I also don't like auctions with stock photos and disclaimers that the picture may not match the item and which tell you do check the makers website for details.  Would you do business with a store that handed you a picture, told you it might not be of the correct items and expected, had a price tag on it that read that it really wasn't the price etc and still expected you to buy something?

All right, I'll put away the soap box...

Lance

Offline tcencore3006

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 10:08:14 AM »

I get pretty frustrated with auctions that ask you to contact them to see if the item is in stock.  I can't think of anything less professional.  I don't bother with those sellers either.  I also don't like auctions with stock photos and disclaimers that the picture may not match the item and which tell you do check the makers website for details.  Would you do business with a store that handed you a picture, told you it might not be of the correct items and expected, had a price tag on it that read that it really wasn't the price etc and still expected you to buy something?

Lance
Newest toy? Smith & Wesson 4006