Author Topic: Police beat a man to death, and DA sez: No Evidence LEO intended to kill him!  (Read 3690 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Something is very wrong in America

http://www.christianlawjournal.com/headlines/da-evidence-police-intentionally-killed-homeless-man

A District Attorney in Fullerton California claims there is no evidence that police intentionally tried to kill a homeless man who died after being savagely beaten beyond recognition and ultimately killed by police officers.On July 5, in response to a routine check on a car break-in report, police confronted Kelly Thomas, 37, near the bus station – a location he often resided.  Shortly after, Thomas, who is a diagnosed schizophrenic, was brutally beaten. His face was repeatedly smashed into the curb, flashlights were repeatedly hammered into his skull, he was tasered at least six times as he screamed in terror: “Dad, Dad, Dad”, and then he went unconscious. Thomas died five days later after being taken off life support.
The video of Thomas’ cries for his father have been viewed more than 715,000 times on You Tube.Earlier last week, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said that there is no evidence the officers intended to kill Kelly Thomas, but are still in the process of trying to determine if officers used excessive force in his death.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this? Six policeman beat to death a homeless man... and the DA says there is no evidence they meant to kill him. If any of us did the kind of damage to the victim that the police did with their flashlights and fists and tazers, we'd be in jail cells, jacked up on murder charges. The six cops who did the beating are free, and still being paid.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
"In a surprising twist, the Fullerton’s acting police chief, Kevin Hamilton, acknowledged late last week that the department had allowed police officers involved to watch a video that captures the incident before writing their reports; contrary to the normal procedures of writing up the incident from their own perspective – thus not being allowed to tweak the report to fit the video footage."

lets make sure we get the story right..........
That is crazy why did they try to arrest him in the first place????

Offline Pat/Rick

I'd like to be on a jury related to this.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
they  didn't mean to kill  him

at  least call  it negligence!!!!!!!!!!!
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline yellowtail3

I think it is pretty clear that the police beat the man to death. The DA is doing the usual legal CYA very often offered to LEO.

I think they did it, because they can - the don't have the usual restraints we have. If my moral compass is askew and I feel like beating someone, I have to worry about legal consequences - to a very large degree, police do not.

They are used to operating with far more leeway than granted to citizens of a free country subjects of the state. They are accustomed to their fellow officers covering for them, when such behavior would get any of us thrown into jail.

This is a  much bigger problem than muzzies and Mexican immigrants... .
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
You guys have it all wrong again.  Police are the good guys.  They were just trying to make our streets safer.  We are not to question them.  Just keep your head down and say yes sir and maybe they won't beat you to death.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
You guys have it all wrong again.  Police are the good guys.  They were just trying to make our streets safer.  We are not to question them.  Just keep your head down and say yes sir and maybe they won't beat you to death.

Its a good thing sarcasm is a second language to me ;)

I'm sorry beating someone repeatedly until they look like a package of hamburger demonstrates intent to kill beyond a reasonable doubt. When is the last time anyone here beat someone beyond recognition by accident?

I bet all of the badged thugs that conspired to commit murder are walking free right now.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
AND  WHAT  TYPE OF BLACKMAIL  WILL THOSE COPS BE SUBJECTED TO IN THE FUTURE

i   rogue  cop  is a greater threat to you or your kids  than  a muzzlim

most  cops are good and  uphold the law.....until  one of them break  it

any cop that saw  this and don't come forward and testify to prosecute this crime
should  be  fired.....so close to the crime  and   can't testify against the  perpetrator
he  has  NO BUSINESS   calling  himself a cop

even  if they can't proove he covered anything  up
fire  him  for not being  more observent
there are enough  un-employed to take his job

an  illegal  allien would be preferable  to  a cop that can't solve this crime

AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
You'll never hear from a witness that is a police officer. Their no different than a politician. Absoulutely,100% in the wrong, and they'll never admit it. Just like a motorcycle club, or these flash mobs. They'll back each other up, even when something like this happens. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline guzzijohn

Cops should NOT be held to the same standard as the general public, they should be held to a HIGHER standard. Due to cops having more authority and the means to back it up they should be held to a more responsible level. Cops have a tough job but many that are cops are not cut out for it.

GuzziJohn

Offline SHOOTALL

Somewhere in the past police in some areas went para military and the general public has suffered because of it .  It might be better control is needed. Like they say if a hammer is what you have you use it to fix everything.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline briarpatch

The cops we know were wrong. Plain murder. I dont care what any one says to defend them there comes a point where a man is down and out.
What failed this man, his family and the country was his color and judicial system. This could have been taken care of by the da. If not him then the one the clown appointed (fat chance) but they have turned a blind eye to the situation. Do I hear, union, behind the curtain.
One more point. We dont care or we would be demaning justice in the streets of America and if they did not hear us we would be burning the city this happened in. So go ahead and crow a little then forget it. 

Offline SHOOTALL

Since we don't hang togather we are hanging alone !

Yep a take on Ben's words
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
i cant understand why 6 cops trained to subdue a person couldn't take this  guy down and controil him. without beating him to death. if it took that much force then the cops and everyone close were in danger use lethal force

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
i cant understand why 6 cops trained to subdue a person couldn't take this  guy down and controil him. without beating him to death. if it took that much force then the cops and everyone close were in danger use lethal force
Really?  You can't understand why they would beat this guy to death?  Have you ever met a cop?  It didn't require lethal force, but that doesn't mean they weren't excited to use it.

And, as mentioned above, you will never EVER get a cop to tell the honest truth on another cop.  The comparison to a biker gang is close, but it's more like the mob.  Still, those groups are not paid by the public TO UPHOLD THE LAW!

DAs are elected, and the endorsement of the local cop leadership is important to them, as is the testimony of the various cops on criminal cases.  They are very intertwined.  I'm not surprised there are no charges, nor am I not surprised there isn't more outrage. 

Too many people simply assume cops are good people doing the right thing and they honestly don't care about the rights of individuals suspected in a crime.  Sadly, most of those people believe that they support the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and Due Process. 

Offline lakota

One more point. We dont care or we would be demaning justice in the streets of America and if they did not hear us we would be burning the city this happened in. So go ahead and crow a little then forget it.

I believe that if a non minority race rioted in this fashion they would disperse the crowd with lethal means. They shouldnt be ritoing they should be working. Someone has to go to work to pay taxes to support the parasite class.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
Can the relatives file a civil suit???

Offline yellowtail3

I don't know - law isn't my specialty.

Justice will be served, only if the 'law enforcement officers' are held to the same standard as citizens: if any of us had beat that man to death, we'd be in jail cells. Our arrest would not have been polite. We would be in cells, awaiting a hearing to see if we'd get bail, and then awaiting our trials.

More importantly, we'd be CHARGED WITH A CRIME.

no police have been charged with any crime.

Kelly Thomas is still dead, due to the beating he received from six or so POLICE

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
Can the relatives file a civil suit???
Police generally have an incredible level of immunity.  Here in KC we had a cop frame up a guy because he was sleeping with the guy's wife.  DA knew, but didn't say anything.  Guy spends years of his life behind bars.  Cop go to prison?  Of course not.  Cop have to pay a civil judgement?  Of course not.  It's somewhat amazing they didn't make the guy Captain.  Still, guess who ultimately gets screwed with a civil judgment?  That's right, the tax payers.

Offline lakota

As a paramedic I have had to subdue and restrain many schizophrenics and I will admit that they can be quite irrational and violent but my crew and I were always able to do it without beating or tazering the patient. Granted the last time I had to do it I had the benefit of using a medication I was able to spray into the person's nose to take the wind out of the person's sails but all the previous patients were restrained the "hard way". None of them died or arrived at the ER beaten to a pulp. I dont quite understand why the police had to beat this person to death to subdue him.

Offline Shu

I have been following this also. I was shocked the DA would make such a statement. I guess we can figure on DA meaning Dumb A..
This was a case of contempt of cop and they beat this guy to death. Intent had nothing to do with it. The man was tased and hogtied yet the beating continued.  Suspect Victim couldn't defend himself from repeated blows and could not attack the officers murderers.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
Is this what we get when our servants no longer fear their masters?
Or is this what we get when the masters become wimps?
The DA and all officers involved should be dragged kicking and screaming from their beds into the street and stuffed into a wood chipper while the TV cameras roll. If that were to happen there would be no need to ever do so again.
When those who are paid to up hold the law act in this fashion they should not be afforded any more rights than they afforded their victims.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
As a paramedic I have had to subdue and restrain many schizophrenics and I will admit that they can be quite irrational and violent but my crew and I were always able to do it without beating or tazering the patient. Granted the last time I had to do it I had the benefit of using a medication I was able to spray into the person's nose to take the wind out of the person's sails but all the previous patients were restrained the "hard way". None of them died or arrived at the ER beaten to a pulp. I dont quite understand why the police had to beat this person to death to subdue him.

It happens all over the country!They do it.............Simply because they can!They know they will be backed by corrupt judges, police chiefs and their fellow officers. "It's the" them against us mentality that has swept over our police departments.

Sure makes it tough on the good ones, and makes it damn near impossible to recruit more of them.
They want the Military type with shaved heads and willing to beat and maim instead of protect and serve.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
The DA and all officers involved should be dragged kicking and screaming from their beds into the street and stuffed into a wood chipper while the TV cameras roll. If that were to happen there would be no need to ever do so again.

Pat

Fortunately this can't happen (yet?) or they would be doing it to us.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
I live in So Cal and have followed the considerable coverage of this event.   This was nothing but murder.  I'm ordinarily pro-police, but there is no justification for what was done to this single, 135 lb. unarmed man by 4-6 cops, who could easily have subdued him without violence. 

The cops who beat this man should be prosecuted for murder.  IT was nothing less.   

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
cops   like this  and  prosecuters  like this
is why we have the  2nd   amendment

the saying  goes  ''it ain't about duck hintin' ''

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Are the Fullerton California Police in a Union and is this area predominantly inhabited and controlled by Liberals/Democrats/Obama supporters?

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Really?  You can't understand why they would beat this guy to death?  Have you ever met a cop?  It didn't require lethal force, but that doesn't mean they weren't excited to use it.

And, as mentioned above, you will never EVER get a cop to tell the honest truth on another cop.  The comparison to a biker gang is close, but it's more like the mob.  Still, those groups are not paid by the public TO UPHOLD THE LAW!

DAs are elected, and the endorsement of the local cop leadership is important to them, as is the testimony of the various cops on criminal cases.  They are very intertwined.  I'm not surprised there are no charges, nor am I not surprised there isn't more outrage. 

Too many people simply assume cops are good people doing the right thing and they honestly don't care about the rights of individuals suspected in a crime.  Sadly, most of those people believe that they support the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and Due Process.
yes i have met cops and know several. what i was saying is with 6 of them the guy shouldnt have much more than a scratch on him. buy the way i do agree with your post. now if anyone wants to know if i have any exspearance in this field. i worked in the prison system for over ten years. now we had to take action alot but never had to beat a guy like that did use pepper spray and stun guns but never beat one (might have wanted to but did not ) . one reason i left was the fact i would not play the old brother in blue game not going along with the crowd caused me lots of problems

Offline yellowtail3

Are the Fullerton California Police in a Union and is this area predominantly inhabited and controlled by Liberals/Democrats/Obama supporters?

Almost certainly yes to union. As for the city make-up - and I'm not sure what bearing this has on the event & cover-up - this was in the Christian Law Journal article I linked:

Fullerton is a conservative, majority-white, Republican-leaning city of roughly 135,000, and is home to a 35,000-student campus of the California State University system.
http://www.christianlawjournal.com/headlines/da-evidence-police-intentionally-killed-homeless-man

Here's a write-up on the local paper's sucking up to the cops:
http://www.fullertonsfuture.org/tag/kelly-thomas-beating/

Offline DDZ

Cabin, probably a good chance of that.

I wonder how much different the outcome of this would have been if the guy was black. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn