Author Topic: Anders Behring Breivik's Manifesto reads like Jihad Watch and Atlas Shrugs  (Read 254 times)

TM7

Website Reviews Anders Behring Breivik’s Manifesto: Reads Just Like Jihad Watch, Atlas Shrugs, and Other “Counter-Jihad” Websites .
Posted on 17 August 2011

According to an interesting site that reviews “odd books.”  IReadOddBooks.com reviewed Anders Behring Breivik’s book 2083: A European Declaration of Independence. Breivik, the Norwegian terrorist who killed over 70 people in Oslo (he was targeting “jihad-supporting Leftists”), penned this 1500 page manifesto and wanted it to be read widely.
What’s interesting is how similar–in fact, how  completely indistinguishable–Breivik’s book is from any of the multitude of “counter-jihad” websites such as Robert Spencer’s Jihad Watch and Pamela Geller’s Atlas Shrugs.

. http://ireadoddbooks.com/2083-by-andrew-berwick-aka-anders-behring-breivik/

fyi......TM7

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
My favorite part:

Of course, I will never not be a little shocked when I discover a whole mess of people willing to accept conspiracy theory as irrevocable fact. I may devote my life to reading books about conspiracy theory, but it is unsettling when it hits home how deeply people can believe in it.

I read the title, got midly curious to see how his manifesto related to the popular Ayn Rand book, and took a look.  Wrong book, but a nifty trick.  Sadly it was mostly a study of how obsessive hate and conspiracy theory warp a mind...  I didn't need to leave GBO to see that.