Author Topic: I need to vent.  (Read 1319 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: I need to vent.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
when we adopted our daughter, all the lawyer did was file for the final hearing. I think he made about $150.  the rest of the fee went to overhead which in our case is a bunch.
we went through a Christian agency in TEXAS.  that agency had bought a motel and remodeled it into dorms for the girls.  the girls can go to high school or to college which is paid for, each dorm room is large enough for an easy chair, desk and TV for each girl. there is a Christian couple that looks after the girls and cooks their meals.  there is a large common area with big screen TV, pool table, etc.
most of the girls that stay there don't want to leave because it's so nice.
there is zero cost to any girl.
all of the doctor bills and hospital bills are paid by the agency.
when the girls deliver the baby, nobody from the agency is in the hospital.
volunteers present the final papers for the girls to sign and quite a few of them decide to keep the baby.   a lot of money is invested in each girl.  that's why the fee is so high.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Mine were private adoptions. Just us, the babies natural mother [ friend of a friend] and our lawyer. 5 grand legal fees for each. Just to prepare paper work and represent us in court in a 30 min hearing. Lawyers know it's an emotional thing and take advantage of the emotional connection. That was over 30 years ago. The lawyer misspelled my daughters name on the adoption papers. He wanted to charge us 150 bucks to fix his mistake. We just notified the bureau of vital statistics for our state and fixed it for 20 bucks. What a rip off. >:( Still waiting for the lawyers here to explain  the high fee of adoption in cases such as mine. Wonder why they have been  so silent ? ::)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »
Mine were private adoptions. Just us, the babies natural mother [ friend of a friend] and our lawyer. 5 grand legal fees for each. Just to prepare paper work and represent us in court in a 30 min hearing. Lawyers know it's an emotional thing and take advantage of the emotional connection. That was over 30 years ago. The lawyer misspelled my daughters name on the adoption papers. He wanted to charge us 150 bucks to fix his mistake. What a rip off. >:( Still waiting for the lawyers here to explain  this high fee to us.
yours was a lot different than ours. we never met the lawyer, he was not in court. the judge had read the information provided which reccomended approval and she ruled in favor.
I would never advise anyone to go through a lawyer.  part of passing the bar for a law license is having your heart removed.   if anyone is interested in adoption, shoot me a PM and I'll give the name of the agency.  Christians only need apply.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
  BUG:
  It must be a consolation to know that much of the adoption costs..is money destined to help the girls..and the babies !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »
  BUG:
  It must be a consolation to know that much of the adoption costs..is money destined to help the girls..and the babies !
I was really empressed with the facility there.  and during the process of adoption we learned that most of the city is involved with them.  everyone we met, from the agency and townspeople all seemed to be good Christian people. we got to go to church with them one time while there.
these people never pressure the girls and a lot of the girls DO keep their babies.
ya know, if we all did what Christ wants, this could be a wonderful world.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
I would never advise anyone to go through a lawyer.  part of passing the bar for a law license is having your heart removed. 

BUGEYE. Sure seems like it most of the time. Look at all the laws on the books concerning, well, any subject you want and the way they are written. Shouldn't take a thousand pages to say it's against the law to kill, or rob, or anything else. The paperwork on the obaminations hc bill was I believe like 5,000 pages?? Why are they written like they are?? Easy answer, job security. Only a lawyer can decode or decipher most of these laws and rules of behaviour. They are written by lawyers, for lawyers.
XD40. You did well to not pay that leach, especially for HIS own mistake. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Shu

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 02:37:04 AM »
Adoption sure isn't easy or cheap. You hear alot about children no one wants but when you try to adopt where are they?
Lakota,
I think it is ok to question a walk with God, after all Thomas questioned Jesus. If Jesus was willing to take the time to deal with Thomas, He certainly will take the time to deal with you.
I know many here at GBO have gone through tough times, some will admit to thier faith being shaken. I know we all go through some tough times, they sure seem like hell. Sometimes we doubt or are shaken up. Lift up your head my brother your redemption draws near. Father God tells us if we will seek His face, He will heal our lands. Our lands include our families and our hearts. Fortunately God is more than able to provide for us. He is our provider, He is our healer.
He loves us more than anything. How fortunate we are to be called his children, we after all are called by His Name.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 02:47:42 AM »
I would never advise anyone to go through a lawyer.  part of passing the bar for a law license is having your heart removed. 

BUGEYE. Sure seems like it most of the time. Look at all the laws on the books concerning, well, any subject you want and the way they are written. Shouldn't take a thousand pages to say it's against the law to kill, or rob, or anything else. The paperwork on the obaminations hc bill was I believe like 5,000 pages?? Why are they written like they are?? Easy answer, job security. Only a lawyer can decode or decipher most of these laws and rules of behaviour. They are written by lawyers, for lawyers.
XD40. You did well to not pay that leach, especially for HIS own mistake. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Powderman the reason is to hide things they do not want you to find until it's too late and to make sure the congress doesn't get a chance to read it before they vote on it.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
Nothing from any lawyers in defense of charging so much for a humanitarian cause.  Funny they certainly have alot of negative things to say about other professions and the salaries others make. Maybe it's because it's indefensible.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
Nothing from any lawyers in defense of charging so much for a humanitarian cause.  Funny they certainly have alot of negative things to say about other professions and the salaries others make. Maybe it's because it's indefensible.

XD I must say I have to agree with you on this one.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »

XD I must say I have to agree with you on this one.

YEP. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm