Author Topic: Obama & EPA want to limit Farm Dust  (Read 1160 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama & EPA want to limit Farm Dust
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 05:05:03 AM »
Powderman,
Send me the prototype and I will try it the next time I use the bush hog, but then until it rains I don't have anything much to cut.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Obama & EPA want to limit Farm Dust
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 07:02:42 AM »
  I don't want anyone to misunderstand, I am not in favor of the farm subsidies as currently administered.  I would like the program to cover only those people currently living on the land and engaged in daily operations in that farm.
   I had coffee with a county legislator this morning and he informed me that a large amount of land is being put into th eprogram by absentee owners.  Here in my county, much of that land is simply vacant land which someone from a distant city has purchased and put immediately in the program..never doing a stitch of work there..no good!
    He investigated further and found  absentee landlords in japan , owning tracts of US land...all in the program.
  Susidies should be limited to those on and actually working the land..
  That is exactly why I am in favor of local government handling these things, rather than federal government.. Local people know each situation better.  That is why the Tea party calls for very limited federal govt....makes sense..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)