Author Topic: Goex  (Read 434 times)

Offline bronzecannon

• Trade Count: (0)
Goex
« on: August 27, 2011, 06:24:51 AM »
Perhaps I previously missed this but if not FYI.....
I called Graffs and Sons today to see why they were out of stock on Goex and their own brand of black powder. They informed me that Goex had an explosion "several months ago". They also said that they are still taking orders for black powder but everything is now on back order until shipments resume from Goex. Checking the Goex site at http://www.goexpowder.com/index.html ,(go to news), confirms June 7 as the date when production was interupted.
If this is" old news" please disregard.

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Goex
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:52:51 AM »
It is old news, I was able to have my years supply of BP laid in in May.  When new of the explosion broke I ordered some extra before the supply lines were emptied. 

I had also heard that they were back in production earlier this month, but I hadn't seen any official postings.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
I just ordered 25 pounds of Fg and FFg from Coonie's in New Mexico and it was delivered to CBC2 II the Friday before opening day.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline gunsonwheels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 04:32:20 AM »
About mid July Craig Kirkland (Bear River Powder) in Evanston, WY mentioned their "owie" when I picked up a 25# bag of 3Fg from him in July.  He had just maxed out his magazines and was expecting to ride it out comfortably... but also mentioned he had heard of some greedy dealers "scalping" prices already.  Sad some folks are that way...  :'(    >:(