Author Topic: If you made this mistake...  (Read 2752 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
If you made this mistake...
« on: August 27, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »
  If you made this grevious mistake once...please be more careful next time !
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  With the election of Obama, I feared the worse.  It is worse than I feared and getting worse with each passing moment!                       

This is from Mark Knoller of CBS.  The pilots and crew of Air Force One are flying more hours than a rookie on a beer run.  They are tired of it too, and are adding more crew to Air Force-1, -  I know this for a fact because I'm one of the instructors that trains the crews Our company (Atlas Air) has had the Air Force-1 and E-4 contract for over two years and I've been doing it for about 8 months now. [/b]  Last year (2010) Obama flew in Air Force One 172 times, almost every other day.   White House officials have been telling reporters in recent days that the Democrat doesn't intend to hang around the White House quite so much in 2011.  They explain he wants to get out more around the country because, as everyone knows, that midterm election shellacking on Nov. 2 had nothing to do with his health care bill, over-spending or other policies, and everything to do with Obama's not adequately explaining himself to his countrymen and women.   And with only 673 days remaining in Obama's never ending presidential campaign, the incumbent's travel pace will not likely slacken.   At an Air Force-estimated cost of $181,757 per flight HOUR (not to mention the additional travel costs of Marine One, Secret Service, logistics and local police overtime), that's a lot of frequent flier dollars going into Obama's carbon footprint.   We are privy to some of these numbers thanks to CBS' Mark Knoller, a bearded national treasure trove of presidential stats.  According to Knoller's copious notes, during the last year, Obama made 65 domestic trips over 104 days, and six trips to eight countries over 22 days.  Not counting six vacation trips over 32 days.   [font=]He took 196 helicopter trips, signed 203 pieces of legislation and squeezed in 29 rounds of left-handed golf
[/b].   Obama last year gave 491 speeches, remarks or statements.  That's more talking than goes on in some entire families, at least from fatherly mouths.   In fact, even including the 24 days of 2010 that we never saw Obama in public, his speaking works out to about one official utterance every 11 waking hours.  Aides indicate the "Real Good Talker" believes we need more.   Related:  Obama spends nearly half his presidency outside Washington , plans to travel more   Related:  Vacationer-in-Chief Spends $1.75 Million to Visit Hawaiian Chums   [font=]Obama has spent over $100 million taxpayer dollars flying around in Air Force One[/font]
, and probably another $100 million on his entourage.  Obama is just another tin-pot dictator living lavishly at the expense of his subjects.   [font=]And we seniors have to "tighten our belts" because we aren't getting a COLA again this year... and none last year! [/font][/b]  THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED PUT THIS GREEDY WINDBAG IN OFFICE!!   BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME!!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: If you made this mistake...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:46:06 AM »
Obama's abuse of taxpayers is outrageous, but why would anyone who has anything to do with the contract to enable the excessive, gratuitous travel, complain.  If this is legit, I would suspect the person who wrote it, might be looking for a new job.
Swingem

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:52:51 AM »
It's almost certainly bull, but here you: if were President - and I'd rather be King? - I'd fly that big blue bird every chance I got. Is the crew tired? I'll take the right seat for a while, and we're going to suspend FAA altitude/speed restrictions while I'm up there... I'd buzz the Grand Canyon.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 05:24:41 AM »
It's almost certainly bull, but here you: if were President - and I'd rather be King? - I'd fly that big blue bird every chance I got. Is the crew tired? I'll take the right seat for a while, and we're going to suspend FAA altitude/speed restrictions while I'm up there... I'd buzz the Grand Canyon.

And yet you constantly cry about others abusing the powers they are given. Must be different if it's you getting the privileges.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 05:32:23 AM »
 Ouch Shaggy that is a below the belt bullseye     ROFLMBO
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 05:45:20 AM »

And yet you constantly cry about others abusing the powers they are given. Must be different if it's you getting the privileges.

When I'm king, it won't be a privilege. Okay, I'll just ride Air Force One, if they'll give me a Luscombe or maybe an old Porterfield to putter around  in...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 05:53:41 AM »
Typical liberal echo chamber response. Don't get all you want, but still looking for "them" to "give me" something.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »
AF1 may be a big blue bird but to the Obama's its a purple Cadillac.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 06:12:54 AM »
Typical liberal echo chamber response. Don't get all you want, but still looking for "them" to "give me" something.

If I were King, I'd get all I want, because it would be mine already.

Me? A typical liberal?!? Only here at GBO...

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 06:17:13 AM »
You mean you only spew the typical liberal drivel here? Why is that?

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 06:18:23 AM »

Now that is funny.  ;D ;D ;D Thanks Cabin. I'm still chuckling.
Be careful though you might offend someone. Maybe you should have added a smiley face at the end so they know it was a funny.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 06:20:48 AM »
Control Tower to AF1....You are cleared for immediate landing now.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »
You mean you only spew the typical liberal drivel here?
No; I mean your perspective is skewed. Try this on:
I've voted for every Repub pres candidate since 1980. I've contributed money to three of them. I've got a closet full of rifles, I hunt, and I carry on a semi-regular basis. I've given to pregnancy life care centers and participated in pro-life & 2nd Amendment marches/political events. I'm a former NRA member (got tired of the mailings)

Yep... full-blown liberal!

Control Tower to AF1....You are cleared for immediate landing now.
Fergit the landing... how about a one-gee roll, like Tex Johnson did with the Dash 80 (707 prototype)?

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 07:03:20 AM »
You mean you only spew the typical liberal drivel here?
No; I mean your perspective is skewed. Try this on:
I've voted for every Repub pres candidate since 1980. I've contributed money to three of them. I've got a closet full of rifles, I hunt, and I carry on a semi-regular basis. I've given to pregnancy life care centers and participated in pro-life & 2nd Amendment marches/political events. I'm a former NRA member (got tired of the mailings)

Yep... full-blown liberal!

And yet you see nothing wrong with the Zero flying around the planet in his big private jet whenever and wherever he and Michelle feel like a little trip, on the taxpayer dime. Because he is entitled. All while he says the rich need to give up their private jets and cut back for the good of the country. And you wish you could be king so you could take the waste to the next level. Nope, don't sound like a liberal at all. ::)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »
  Hey Shaggy;
  I like that nickname for BHO..."ZERO"..... short, sweet and wears well on him.. ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:40 AM »
And yet you see nothing wrong with the Zero flying

Yeah, I saw it fly at Chino this last spring; it's the only one left with a Sakae motor. Very cool:

around the planet in his big private jet whenever and wherever he and Michelle feel like a little trip, on the taxpayer dime. Because he is entitled.
Isn't that how presidents have traveled, since Ike or JFK? On a big blue Boeing? How did Dubya get to his sojourns in Crawford? I know he didn't fly Southwest.

What do you propose for presidential travel? Something new?

And you wish you could be king so you could take the waste to the next level.
Hey, I said I'd settle for a Luscombe, or even a Porterfield - their cost/hr is small potatoes.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »
Don't know about flying time but he has not "vacationed" as much as GW Bush or Reagan.

August 17, 2011 7:30 PM 

Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? 

(CBS News)  Following his three-day bus tour to promote his economic agenda -- and not to mention the debt limit rancor in Washington before that -- President Obama is finally getting some rest and relaxation.

On Thursday, he and his family are heading off to Martha's Vineyard, the island off of Massachusetts. They'll be staying at a 28-acre retreat called Blue Heron Farm for about 10 days.

Raw Video: Obama's Martha's Vinyard retreat

There has been criticism of the president's vacation at this time. But how does the number of vacation days the president has spent compare to his predecessors? CBS Radio's Mark Knoller has kept track of presidential vacations for years and supplied the data.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton took the least time off -- 28 days.
To be fair, a presidential vacation away from the White House is not the same as a vacation for the average person. The president is still in contact with his advisers and on call for any emergency.
Mark Knoller: When presidents go on "vacation," controversy follow
(CBS)   Try to guess how many flights President Bush has flown on Air Force One since taking office.

It's 1,675 - more than 200 flights in each of the last eight years.
Last year Obama flew in Air Force One 172 times, almost every other day.

Must have been tough on those Bush pilots too.
GuzziJohn

Offline Stillkickin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 12:23:33 PM »
Before we accept CBS as an authoritative source for the truth, shouldn't it be remembered that it was CBS that ran (ie. fabricated) the slanderous story about then President Bush that resulted in Dan Rather resigning in disgrace?

And it is also noteworthy that the word "vacationed" was put in quotation marks.  The significance is astounding since how the word is defined can spin the entire discussion.  G. Bush made many working trips to his Texas home.  If a twisted mind classified every one of those trips as a "vacation", it might be possible to then spout statistics about how he took more "vacations" than obama.  It's all in what "is" is, you know?  Now, where did I hear that before?

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
My bad, I put in the quotation marks around vacation. The reason being that no president is truly on vacation any time during their presidency. As far as CBS not being trustworthy, the source seemed fine for Ironglow when it fit his needs.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
  Guzzi;
   A difference of economy ...the Bushs' and Reagans' usually vacationed TOGETHER..and then almost always at either Camp David, where no AF#1 was required) or their respective ranches, which already had a security detail.
  I don't recall Nancy or Laura..going ALONE or with their kids on any $200,000,000 vacations to Spain ..or any other place !
    Considering the $$$ involved, I doubt anyone comes close to the lifetime freeloaders..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  For a refreshing change, here's what appears to be a genuine Reagan successor.  He spoke at the Reagan library the other night for more than half hour..and used no teleprompters...doubt he ever uses them..
   Here's a sample with him addressing the senate to QUIT THE SPENDING...
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68GjR6V6zI&feature=relmfu

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »
Rubio is the real deal.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
Does Obama own a ranch like Dubya did?

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 03:18:02 PM »
I don't think so. He does NOT come across like the ranching kind.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 01:30:02 AM »
Does Obama own a ranch like Dubya did?
He doesn't even own any oil wells.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 04:21:30 AM »
   Junior;
         He does have a mansion in Chicago, which Tony Rezko gave him..  And of course, Camp David is always available as a "vacation ranch" for all presidents..

Then too, with what he or Michelle spend on one vacation..they could buy a ranch.......

Then too, no doubt they would be welcome at  one of the many posh resorts..maintained for union fat cats !  Perhaps the Los Angeles teacher's union would invite them over, now and then !
     http://patriotupdate.com/articles/la-teachers-spend-big-bucks-at-posh-resort

So Junior...does this mean you will make the same mistake ..AGAIN ?

Offline powderman

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 07:28:20 AM »
I don't think so. He does NOT come across like the ranching kind.

NOPE, too much like work. Has he ever worked?? I doubt he's ever had a blister, well, maybe he did before he migrated here from  kenya. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
PM, he has never had a real job. We essentially put an 18 year old snot nose kid to handle our countries affairs. How stupid the American people have become. Hard to understand.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »

Now that is funny.  ;D ;D ;D Thanks Cabin. I'm still chuckling.
Be careful though you might offend someone. Maybe you should have added a smiley face at the end so they know it was a funny.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gFC8mfSsh8

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline powderman

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »
4570GOV. HEH, thanks, great video. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »
 GuzziJohn says'

"As far as CBS not being trustworthy, the source seemed fine for Ironglow when it fit his needs".
GuzziJohn
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There is a marked difference though Guzzi. 
    For CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, or PMS-NBC To say anything negative about B Hussein, it would HAVE to be not only true, but so obvious they could not help but report it !
   On the other hand..as in the Dan Blather case.. in order to report something negative about Bush...they will grasp at any rumor, gossip or innuendo and report it as true..as quickly as they can get their jaws flapping...