Author Topic: NEF R92 Ultra  (Read 1734 times)

Offline wvjoetc

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Avid Poster
NEF R92 Ultra
« on: August 29, 2011, 04:20:22 AM »
A friend of mine has a R92 Ultra for sale, anything special to look out for?  I like the double action and swing out cylinder and nine shot.  This one has the six inch heavy barrel, I have not shot it but everything looks very good, other than a few light scratches on the grips the gun looks new.  Thanks for any comments,

Joe
TC Renegade 50 cal
CVA Bobcat  50 cal
"Here Pilgram skin this'n an I'll get you another"

Offline 32 Magnum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: NEF R92 Ultra
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »
Having owned several of these over the years, speaking from experience - they are sturdily build, actions are usually a bit gritty with heavy trigger pulls, fit and finish is usually good.  Now for the problems - they are either very accurate or shoot patterns instead of groups.  If you're looking for something that goes bang and may or may not hit what you're shooting at - then buy it outright.  If you're looking for something that shoots to relative point of aim, everytime you pull the trigger - ask for a chance to shoot the one in question before buying it and evaluate the action as well as the relative accuracy based upon your experience with other handguns.  During the period these were made - accuracy seems to have been a crap shoot.  Good luck.
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012

Offline wvjoetc

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
Thank you Jim for your comments,

Joe
TC Renegade 50 cal
CVA Bobcat  50 cal
"Here Pilgram skin this'n an I'll get you another"

Offline 32 Magnum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
Joe,
You are most welcome.  As you can probably tell, I'm an H&R collector and afficianado - but I do have a propensity to tell the truth.   >:(   Which doesn't always serve my best interests.  Check the gun for yourself - NO one can evaluate an individual firearm from the distance of cyber space.
Again, good luck - get a good one and let us know how it works for you.
Jim
Jim Hauff,  H&R Collector

RIP Jim, passed away on October 12th, 2012