Author Topic: Advice on buying A Conquest  (Read 738 times)

Offline MiBassMan

• Trade Count: (0)
Advice on buying A Conquest
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:24:12 PM »
I'm thinking very serious about a 3-9X40 conquest for my 7mm-08. I've noticed in shopping around that prices on line vary ALOT, from $388 to $499. Does anyone have any experiances of places "not to buy from" or places on line that have been good to you? How about Sportoptics ?They have a great price but never heard of them before.  Thank you all for any advice or input you can help with.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Advice on buying A Conquest
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:18:44 AM »
tough to beat camerlands prices and service.
blue lives matter

Offline 6x6 elk

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 06:16:24 AM »
Bass Pro and Cabelas has them for $399. You may try shopping around and you might save $10-$20. I have this scope on 2 differant rifles, and a back to back comparison with a Leupold VX-lll and the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x40, The Zeiss has the clearest optics and a wider field of view. This is a really nice scope for the money!!

Offline MiBassMan

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 01:46:57 PM »
Thank you both for your fast reply and your input. I looked around a little more and my local Ma&Pa gun shop sold me one for $400 mounted and bore sighted out the door. I guess sometimes a decent deal is right under a persons nose.
Thanks again

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:17:38 AM »
I kinda remember seeing a $50.00 rebate for certain models. It might not hurt to check.

Offline Hoploman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
I bought from Doug @ Cameraland. They're authorized dealers, and great customer service. They keep them in stock. Can't go wrong with the Conquest. Bright, sharp and clear image - and etched glass reticles. They are a good value.

I bought a 6.5x20 from them, it was a Demo. No problems. Was as good as new and saved some money. So don't worry about going that route either.

The $50 rebate I believe is for Rapid-Z reticle models. I don't think it applies to the standard 3-9 with Z-plex reticle for $399. That scope is almost like their loss-leader. Their lowest price one to get people to try the Conquest cause they know they'll be hooked and buy another!

Offline fbates

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »
I got a handi 35 whelen, and looking , looking @ scopes.  the conquest really sounds like a good deal.  do you think it would hold up to the shock of the 35 whelen? 

also in 3X9 40mm, is the conquest really something to use during low light times.  when the sun starts dropping, the bushnell banner, i have trouble seeing in the shadows, back of the plots.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 03:09:13 PM »
I buy most of my scopes on eBay.  poorfish.com is usually the seller I get them from.  $442.00 but then you get a 20% Fall discount.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~