Author Topic: Ex student killed in car acident.  (Read 423 times)

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Ex student killed in car acident.
« on: September 03, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
One of my ex students was killed in a car accident. She was only 24 years old. Her funeral will be attended by many of her teachers. I've had too many of my students pass much too early in their lives. Each death tears me up inside. I've also had a dear friend who was a teacher pass away this week. He was loved by his students and his viewing will be attended by close to 100 ex students.I know because they have been contacting me for details. Anyone who says teachers don't care about the students doesn't know anything about student/ teacher relationships. My feelings are not unique among teachers. I'm sure there are those who will take cheap shots at this post. It only shows their ignorance.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Ex student killed in car acident.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 04:40:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hate to hear about people this young dying.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »
One of my ex students was killed in a car accident. She was only 24 years old. Her funeral will be attended by many of her teachers. I've had too many of my students pass much too early in their lives. Each death tears me up inside. I've also had a dear friend who was a teacher pass away this week. He was loved by his students and his viewing will be attended by close to 100 ex students.I know because they have been contacting me for details. Anyone who says teachers don't care about the students doesn't know anything about student/ teacher relationships. My feelings are not unique among teachers. I'm sure there are those who will take cheap shots at this post. It only shows their ignorance.

My heart goes out to anyone who loses a child or loved one in an accident before their time.I lost my daughter in one, just three years ago, and the pain never goes away.

I think most teachers care deeply about their students, and come to feel for them almost like their own Sons and Daughters.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline purpledragon

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »
my prayers go out for you for your losses. I know the feeling my wife and I buried 9 in two yrs. between our families..........hang in there
This only proves that,when allowed to act outside his lawfully limited authority,a U.S. President is capable of unleashing horrendous violence against the lives,liberty,and property of those he pretends to serve...........

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »
Sorry to hear about these two important people that you've lost. It's not unreasonable to expect that you would have a genuine concern for someone who you've interacted so closely with and hopefully had a postive impact on.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife