Author Topic: Pray for Obama  (Read 1582 times)

Offline thirty06

• Trade Count: (0)
Pray for Obama
« on: September 04, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »
 Pray for Obama

Psalm 109:8- Let his days be few and brief; And let others step
forward to replace him.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Pray for Obama
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 04:58:31 AM »
Pray for Obama

Psalm 109:8- Let his days be few and brief; And let others step
forward to replace him.

Would that prayer be offered in Jesus' name?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 05:22:13 AM »
I'm not all that religious, but if I were to pray, it would be for the country and not for the one who is trying to wreck it.
Swingem

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 06:23:22 AM »
Obama is on our prayer list at church. Mainly we pray that God will heap wisdom upon him. Even though I disagree very much with Obama, and so does our Pastor. God still wants us to pray for him, and yes, love him. The love thing is pretty hard, but I'm trying. In a way we are showing love, by praying for him.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 08:03:11 AM »
I've got to admit I'm more of a "tooth for a tooth" guy. Well maybe more of two teeth for one to make the message stick. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »
I don't think praying will help him.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:15:26 AM »
Praying for him certainly won't, but preying on him ....
Swingem

Offline Hooker

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:35:35 AM »
I struggle with this and in most cases I fail but I do keep trying.

"Love your enemies - There are two kinds of love, involving the same general feeling, or springing from the same fountain of good-will to all mankind, but differing so far as to admit of separation in idea. The one is that feeling by which we approve of the conduct of another, commonly called the love of complacency; the other, that by which we wish well to the person of another, though we cannot approve his conduct. This is the love of benevolence, and this love we are to bear toward our enemies. It is impossible to love the conduct of a person who curses and reviles us, who injures our person or property, or who violates all the laws of God; but, though we may hate his conduct, and suffer keenly when we are affected by it, yet we may still wish well to the person; we may pity his madness and folly; we may speak kindly of him and to him; we may return good for evil; we may aid him in the time of trial; we may seek to do him good here and to promote his eternal welfare hereafter, Romans 12:17-21. This seems to be what is meant by loving our enemies; and this is a special law of Christianity, and the highest possible test of piety, and probably the most difficult of all duties to be performed."

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »
There will always be alot hate on this web site.
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 08:56:11 AM »
The subhuman that is being discussed, hates America, the military and anything that smacks of freedom.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:07:37 AM »
That is the direct result of this president, his administration, the liberals and democrats hatred for our kind. They are harvesting the hatred they dish out.

Today, Hoffa opened with a speech for Obama at a rally in Detroit. He called the Tea Party the enemy and that he and his kind must wage a war on the Tea Party. He referred to us as SOBs.

Congresswoman Waters said the Tea Party can "go to hell".

Another liberal Congressman said the Tea Party wants to see blacks hanging from trees.

Your right. There is much hate out there. Why you guys don't stop is your own call.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline bubba.50

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (151)
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »
i pray somebody kicks him back to his home country of kenya and his uncle drives the bus.
fetch the hammer maggie-they's a bee on the baby's head!

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 11:14:39 AM »
CABIN4. Good post, I agree.
BUBBA.50. Illegal criminals can't legally drive but they don't obey our laws anyway. The way the zeros criminal kin keep popping up they could probably fill a big bus.
andy. You mistake hatred for disgust.  POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »
Bubba.50, oustanding post, sir.  However, make sure that somebody slashes the tires on obama's canadian bus once it is on kenyan soil.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 01:34:21 AM »
  Hate may be a strong word, but people of great character..G Washington, John Adams, James Madison, Nathan Hale and so many heroes of our republic have always had great distrust and distain for any tyrant who tried to destroy the freedoms they had won with so much blood, sweat and tears.
   Why should we feel any different with this latest one ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 01:49:08 AM »
  Hate may be a strong word, but people of great character..G Washington, John Adams, James Madison, Nathan Hale and so many heroes of our republic have always had great distrust and distain for any tyrant who tried to destroy the freedoms they had won with so much blood, sweat and tears.
well, so long as they had some of that distain...

Well, President Obama is no tyrant; he's the President, elected by a substantial majority of your fellow citizens, and by the electoral college (something that can't be said about GWB, first time around).
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 01:55:01 AM »

Yep liberals are the most hateful people you will ever meet.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 03:43:16 AM »
well, so long as they had some of that distain...

Well, President Obama is no tyrant; he's the President, elected by a substantial majority of your fellow citizens, and by the electoral college (something that can't be said about GWB, first time around).
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

You can back off that old falsehood propagated by the far left about Bush not haveing been elected..even the terribly biased NY Times had to admit that "W" won the election..after going to Florida and investigating very closely...get over it !
     Obama may have been elected by more than 50%, but majorities have been fooled before.  By now lets hope that some majority or at least the less hysterical of his Kool-aid drinkers has awakened by now.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 04:22:45 AM »
  You can back off that old falsehood propagated by the far left about Bush not haveing been elected..even the terribly biased NY Times had to admit that "W" won the election..after going to Florida and investigating very closely...get over it !

Your advice to 'get over it' would be more fairly applied to those who refuse to accept the legitimacy of President Obama, who came to office with a majority of electoral college votes, and who won the popular vote.

So far as Dubya & 2000 go... I never wrote that Dubya wasn't elected; no 'propaganda' on my part. I simply stated the plain fact, that he came to the presidency in an election where the majority of voters voted for Al Gore and NOT GWB. The numbers were as follows:

50,456,002 Americans voted for President Bush
50,999,897 Americans voted for VP Al Gore

That means, for the math-challenged, that Al Gore got over half a million more votes than GWB. That cleared up... you'll have to explain what 'falsehood' it is that you want me to back off of?
Anyhow... this thread is about praying for the President. I think it's a very good thing to do, esp. if one is an obedient Christian. Note: it's harder to hate someone, when you're praying for them. Try it.

Offline lakota

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 04:51:20 AM »
Commrade,

You can report these infidel doubter/haters here: attackwatch.com

May the hope and change be with you commrade!

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 05:22:43 AM »
I pray for this country, I pray for its leaders, I pray God's will be done.... and the country does not fall due to one leader.
Did anyone notice the Pres did not mention God in his Thanksgiving speech?  I guess he doesn't have a clue who this country is giving thanks to for the past few hundred years.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 05:36:58 AM »
Did anyone notice the Pres did not mention God in his Thanksgiving speech?
Did you actually listen to the speech, James, or did you hear/read of the complaint by a critic? (it was the later, for me)

[
I guess he doesn't have a clue who this country is giving thanks to for the past few hundred years.

I'll safely guess that you did not read President Obama's Thanksgiving Proclamation, written/issued last week? This is where the President explicitly thanked God, calling the holiday "one of our nation's oldest and most cherished traditions," and an occasion that "brings us closer to our loved ones and invites us to reflect on the blessings that enrich our lives."
"As we gather in our communities and in our homes, around the table or near the hearth, we give thanks to each other and to God for the many kindnesses and comforts that grace our lives. Let us pause to recount the simple gifts that sustain us, and resolve to pay them forward in the year to come."

Well, looky there... full text of President Obama's proclamation. Whaddyathinkofthat?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/thanksgiving-day-proclamation-by-president-barack-obama/2011/11/23/gIQAKAjFpN_story.html

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
Thats the way the process works (electorial votes) and it should not be changed. Get over it. There is a reason and a darn good one why its in place.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 07:16:56 AM »
I,m going vote for Obama again, he's a good man and Reps don,t have anything as good out there*
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline lakota

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 07:24:40 AM »
Thats the way the process works (electorial votes) and it should not be changed. Get over it. There is a reason and a darn good one why its in place.

One thing the 2000 election taught us-the electoral college system should only be honored when it benefits the democrat at all other times it should be declared null and void.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 07:27:22 AM »
One thing the 2000 election taught us-the electoral college system should only be honored when it benefits the democrat at all other times it should be declared null and void.

I've never heard anyone draw that lesson... was that he lesson you learned, or did you hear it elsewhere?

I can only imagine the fulminatin' and whining that we'd be hearing, had Obama won only the electoral college... heh heh heh...

Offline lakota

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
Yeah it might actually reach nearly 1/4 of the level that the whining reached and has continued almost non stop since the 2000 election.

Look you are still whining about it 11 years later.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 01:57:30 PM »
A candidate as terrible as Obama (and his type of welfare state approach) could never win with just the electoral collage majority situation. It just won;t happen. The concentration of city votes would make him a popular win in both categories. It is only a candidate that has broad appeal into the rural areas and states that could ever create the electoral vote win and popular vote loss.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 03:05:52 PM »
yt3, I take offense at your liberal projection onto Jesus as an effete. It shows a very serious disdain for scripture, and the person of Christ. If your going to claim allegiance to Him, at least show Him some respect by learning who He is, and not who you wish He is. If you don't like what you find, don't use Him as part of your passive aggressive manipulation of others. That's the coward's path - I'd hope for more from you.

Since Jesus quoted extensively from the Psalms, and as the son of God is also the author of the work, then yes, to pray the Psalms in Christ's name would always be appropriate. Christ Himself cursed the fig tree, scourged the money changers, and was highly regarded by the liberal intellectual elite of his time as a radical, rough, and a violent threat to their monopoly of power. This same person declared that those who do not own a sword, should sell a cloak and buy one. And went on to say that His return will be with a sword - a time we all, including Obama, should anticipate with fear.

I do not know how Obama stands before God; I can only guess based on his actions and speech. I pray that Obama would repent before God and seek forgiveness and wisdom - he has tremendous responsibility in the position to which he aspires. I say aspires because to this day he feels as though he has to assert his right to be there, and it hampers his ability to simply lead. Perhaps he lacks confidence, perhaps he lacks conviction, perhaps he bears guilt and shame ... again, I'd only be guessing based on the external having no window to his soul. But God to whom my prayers are offered in the name of Jesus Christ, knows his soul, and can just as easily remove him from office as He has countless rulers before Obama. I pray that whatever is best for this country would be done, and if that means Obama is a single term president (shortened days) then so be it. If Obama gets a second term, I will know that God has passed judgment on this country, and turned it over to its own idolatry and selfishness - which you might call the democratic process at its worst.
held fast

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »
I,m going vote for Obama again, he's a good man and Reps don,t have anything as good out there*
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    I figured you would vote for him again... I can tell you have your head on straight, because you use commas in place of apostrophes... ;)   ;D