Author Topic: Could surely use some prayers, please.  (Read 1254 times)

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
Could surely use some prayers, please.
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
My wife has been in the hospital since 25 August.  Insect bite turned into cellulitis, complicated somewhat by her type II diabetes.  Now the infection is pretty much gone, white count normal, sugars and BP getting close to normal, but her kidneys are starting to be stressed.  We had thought she would be home Tuesday the 6th, but now it looks like a few days after that.  Getting old.

So, if you would be so kind, prayers, well wishes, positive vibes, just about any positive thought or action short of sacrificing virgins would be much appreciated.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline tunnug

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Could surely use some prayers, please.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:50 PM »
Here's hoping for a good recovery, prayers sent.

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery... Don't know how much "truck" I have with Him but I will forward a request for healing and peace for both of you.  I know how much brides can become a part of us and while that is very special, it makes parting or even the thought of it feel like someone cut you in half.

George 

Offline oltom

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 02:56:45 AM »
yes sir!
As I work with such patient's as your wife....the antibiotics may have had to be strong to work....as soon as she is finished, her renal functions will be a lot less taxed~ she should recover. Rest and fluids, and time...I myself have had a virus or two, one time the 'labs' went 'off the chart', but I recovered, but I had to leave my ol friend "jack' and jim' outta my liquid diet for years :'(
Hang in there and become her nurse for a while..........
"MORE booze!"

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:59:35 AM »
Prayers sent.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline little seacoast

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let them get just a little closer...
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 03:08:36 AM »
You both are in our thoughts and prayers, things will get better. Extreme shortage of local virgins makes further action problematical.
America has no native criminal class except Congress.   Sam Clemens

Offline smokemjoe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 03:17:12 AM »
You got them.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 04:03:03 AM »
Thank you all. 

Hearing last night that it might be several more days hit us hard.  We had been looking forward, after 11 days, to getting her home so she could be in a comfortable bed, eating real food, not having to monitor 'output,' and asking for food and getting what she asks for - working with the dietician they ordered a bowl of Cheerios, some fruit, watermelon, and tea and the kitchen managed to screw that up.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Double D

• SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »
No problem Joe, I have been bending my knee a bit lately...best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

Offline Artilleryman

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 05:39:08 AM »
My thoughts and prayers for you and your wife. 
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 05:57:59 AM »
    Joe,  you and your wife will be in our prayers.

Mike and Tracy
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:54 AM »
Joe,
Give your wife a hug for us, prayers sent & May God Bless.

Allen <><
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Zulu

• Honor is a gift a man gives himself.
    • Wood & Ironworks
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 07:47:52 AM »
Joe,
I'm with you too.  Good partners are hard to find.  Take care of her.
Zulu
Zulu's website
www.jmelledge.com

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »
So, if you would be so kind, prayers, well wishes, positive vibes, just about any positive thought or action short of sacrificing virgins would be much appreciated.

They're yours for the asking, all except for the virgin sacrifice part, I can't help you there. ;)
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51:20 PM »

They're yours for the asking, all except for the virgin sacrifice part, I can't help you there. ;)

Well, I figured I would exclude them anyway, people might go overboard with it, ya know?

Anyway, something is working. Her sugars are down - without insulin or glucophage or anything.  Her BP is coming down.

The whole idea of keeping her in hospital was so that they could closely monitor her and give supporting care. 

Well, they did one (1) blood draw after 3:00 p.m.  The slow IV saline that she was supposed to be on during the day never got hooked up.  When I got there this morning (ca. 8:30) a piece of the dressing over the incision had fallen off and was on the floor, we pointed that out to the nursing assistant.  The nurse finally got around to changing out the dressing about 2:30 p.m.  The wound care nurse who should have checked it yesterday finally got around to checking it maybe about 4:00 p.m.  Oh, and three times they did finger sticks to check her sugars and at the same time check temp and BP.

Yeah...closely monitor and give support.

(Joe, turn the rant off!)

Thanks for the prayers, everyone.  Much appreciated.  I'll give another update tomorrow.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 07:18:06 PM »
Wait until she is out of the place before contacting the ombudsman.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »
My experience is the Savior is the only one you can really count on...  Seems you may have just said the same thing.  ;)   But from the good signs it appears He is doing His job.  From your description... not too sure about the rest of the folks.  :-\

Hang in there Joe... as lot of us are pulling for the two of you...

GOW

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
Wait until she is out of the place before contacting the ombudsman.

Oh, yeah.  We got a doozy of a letter to write. One doctor who talked pontificated at us, and when she said that if the only reason he was keeping her in was to treat BP and blood sugars - which could be dealt with on an outpatient basis - she would check herself out, looked straight at her and said "99% of people who check themselves out early are drunks wanting to get back to the bottle or addicts wanting to get back to their needles." Not quite coming out and calling her a drunk and drug addict, but pretty darned  close to it.  VERY unprofessional.  He gets a letter to the directors of the hospital, whatever professional associations he belongs to, and the CA board that governs physicians in CA.

Gunsonwheels, we ascribe to the theory of "Gods 2 x 4."  He is always talking to us, teaching us, and guiding us.  A lot of the time we don't listen.  So he taps us on the shoulder. We still don't listen, thinking we can do it on our own.  Finally He gets irked at us and "THWACK!" right up-side the head with His 2 x 4 to get our attention.  Then, once we get the lesson He wants us to learn, things get good again.

ADDED:

Our lesson seems to be, over and over and over again, that we CAN'T do it on our own.  We need to swallow our pride, rely on Him and the people and resources He has blessed us with.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 03:53:22 AM »
Prayers sent from the North Woods, Joe, hang in there!

Michael and JB

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »
Subjoe:

"Gods 2 x 4." 

Never quite heard it put that way before but...  it IS DEFINATELY consistent with my own experience... :o   Truth is, I believe, it is the condition of the world and our bodies that does the "THWACKING"... regardless it shows us again and again who really has power over that condition and that He truly is our friend.   :)      ...good thing for you and the bride just now...  Hang in there... it sounds like things are on the upswing.

Offline partsproduction

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 05:30:30 PM »
 A while ago a dear friend who lives across the country now emailed me that his son had died in a car crash. The remarkable thing, and what made me envious of his faith, is what he said at the end of the email, "But God is good ALL the time".

The point is that awful things happen to all of us, but only a few of us have taken Romans 8:28 to heart, he clearly has. May God bless you both, and you have my prayers.

Offline keith44

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
well I seem to be coming in late here, but you have my prayers and best wishes as well.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline bluelake

• Avid Poster
    • 1871 US Military Action in Korea
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
Thoughts and prayers to you both.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »
SHE'S HOME!!!!

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  I spent all day yesterday (Friday) with her in the hospital, and last night, thinking they would be releasing her.  She got sprung at about 4:30 this afternoon. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline keith44

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
WHOOO HOOO!!!!

keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Double D

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »
Great news!!  Would like to to think we had something to do with it. 

Take good care of her.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
Subdjoe -

Been watching (not writing) and praying.  You're in good hands.  Your experience with the hospital is not uncommon - a warning to all to take responsibility to oversee everything they do to ensure it's right.  Keep taking the responsiblitiy that you've been doing!

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
Great news!!  Would like to to think we had something to do with it. 

Take good care of her.

Oh, I shall.

I think all y'all did help.  We had Cannon Cockers, Gun Bunnies, Cowboy Shooters, various and sundry Fighter Jocks, Rotor Heads, Trash Haulers, and other aviation types all hitting their knees for us. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline Double D

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
You know rotor heads? My son is a retired Army levitator. Now a civilian levitator.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 05:32:28 AM »
You know rotor heads? My son is a retired Army levitator. Now a civilian levitator.

Only on one forum, blog, whatever.  Run by a retired USN fighter jock. Got all sorts there - fast movers like him, rotorheads, black shoes, bubble heads, some USAF types including, I think, a BUFF driver, ground pounders, the odd merchie or two, some ANZACs, and some like me who have never been in but support those who have.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell