Author Topic: Godless ?  (Read 2287 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Godless ?
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:43:12 AM »
  Much has been bantered about here concerning the over use of the term "Godless".  I do admit it has been used often, but don't agree it is entirely inappropriate.  Tha qualifier is perhaps that the term has been used too narrowly.. ;)   :D
  First, the mayor of NY City declares that there will be no pastors ay the 9/11 memorial in the Big (wormy) Apple;
  http://www.patheos.com/community/deaconsbench/2011/08/24/nyc-mayor-no-prayer-at-911-memorial-service/

Now the current administration in Washington has decided they will limit ..no prayers, no real pastors allowed in OUR national cathedral on 9/11, but they will certainly invite theological representatives of the gang that caused the destruction;
     http://nation.foxnews.com/september-11/2011/09/06/national-cathedral-invites-muslims-not-evangelicals-9-11-service

So is it possible the term "godless" may be more appropo toward certain elected officials than certain other people ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Godless ?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:53:07 AM »
yeah I'd call him Godless.    and traitorious.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:18:25 AM »
The term Godless, imo is often over used. I think that when we leave God out of things it is a big mistake. People worship many gods but is the one they worship the real one or a false one.
The question would be is Jeovah God the same as Allah God? To me any group of believers that deny Jesus as the Savior is false.
I get so fed up with it is ok to be muslim but don't mention Jesus. America is supposed to be the great smelting pot. Where all is accepted and free. Seems the current administration cannot accept Christianity but can accept everything else. No ones spiritual walk should be offensive unless they are spilling the blood of innocents. IMHO.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 04:22:34 AM »
the recognition of Jesus as a messiah is only as a messenger. the muslims do not recognize the trinity. God, the son and holy spirit.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 05:06:05 AM »
 I try to sort it this way;
   False god..spelled... god (all lower case)

Real God..spelled God ..or GOD.. (upper case used)

Yes GW Bush did say that, but sometimes even the best intended people can still be wrong !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 05:44:03 AM »
I try to sort it this way;
   False god..spelled... god (all lower case)

Real God..spelled God ..or GOD.. (upper case used)

Yes GW Bush did say that, but sometimes even the best intended people can still be wrong !

IRONGLOW. Thats how I spell the difference between the real God and the god the muslims claim to believe in. There are times when there is no suitable substitute for THAT WORD  describing certain people. Even though it has not been banned to my knowledge duk and hunter said so, I quit using it because I didn't want to be banned.
GW knows the difference, he knows what islam is, he was being pc because he knew we needed their cooperation in the G lobal  W ar  O n  I  slam, or GWOI. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:21:58 AM »
 Yes PM, I think it was more an issue of PC by Bush, rather than a case of ignorance.   ...Just as we often hear well intentioned people say "we are all God's children"..

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:24:25 AM »
the muslims do not recognize the trinity.

Neither do I.  I only believe in one God as the Bible teaches.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:31:19 AM »

ooooooooooooh noooooooooooo ::)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:44:21 AM »
KRRRIIIPES !! More beans just landed in the coffee grinder.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
I get so fed up with it is ok to be muslim but don't mention Jesus. America is supposed to be the great smelting pot. Where all is accepted and free. Seems the current administration cannot accept Christianity but can accept everything else. No ones spiritual walk should be offensive unless they are spilling the blood of innocents. IMHO.

Ever notice how just mentioning Jesus, will clear out a room full of people? I have noticed it different times when I or someone else mentions Jesus, or starts talking about the Gospel, people will get up and walk out. You can say anything else, but it will never have the same effect as mentioning Jesus. It gets about the same effect as if a bomb were going to explode.

Swampy, aaah... The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one God. Have you been reading the New World Translations?
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
Swampy, aaah... The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one God.
The early Christian church didn't believe this as they were not polytheistic.  The doctrine was invented in about 375AD at Nicea.  Just one of many things the church teaches that isn't Biblical.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:43:54 AM »
TM7,

In Islam, Jesus is a prophet and messenger, no different than Moses or Abraham.  To Muslims, Mohammed is THE MESSENGER, the Seal, the one who bring's Allah's message to the world.

Jesus is the Son of God, begotten of the Father, incarnate and made Man through the power of the Holy Ghost.  Read Luke 1:35.

Allah is not the Christian God.  The Christian God does not command followers to go forth and kill those of different religious faiths.   Read Sura 9 of the Koran.

If Allah is not the Christian God, he is a false God.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »
Swampman,

The Trinity is biblical in origin.  Read the Gospel of Luke 1:35, for starters.   

SwampThing762

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
It's Roman in origin.  Nothing in that scripture indicates otherwise.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 04:19:09 PM »
KRRRIIIPES !! More beans just landed in the coffee grinder.
   Right on Scatter...genuinely funny...love it !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »

OK ; hand me that spoon ..and I'll stir for a while..
  Swampy..your Sunday School lesson..on Thursday..   http://www.jimfeeney.org/deityofjesuschrist.html

I really like this one;

King James Bible
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Or this one;
   GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
So the Lord himself will give you this sign: A virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and she will name him Immanuel [God Is With Us].

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
Ironglow and DDZ,

A virgin who will become pregnant by the power of the Holy Ghost....this news was given to the virgin named Mary by the angel Gabriel.  Luke 1:35.

The enunciation of the Father regarding His Son is found in Matthew 17:5, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased; hear ye him."

Jesus is the Son of God,as stated in the Bible.  If you have any doubts on the matter, go to the source.  I do.   Your "lesson"
is a repetition of my previous post.

BTW, I read the King James Version.  Perhaps you should put away your New World Translations, my friends.

ST762

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
Swampman,

The Trinity existed in several of the texts selected at Nicaea that eventually became the Bible.   I know my history well.   The rest is faith.

ST762

Offline powderman

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 04:33:13 AM »
If Allah is not the Christian God, he is a false God.

YEP, no ifs to it. Like a $3 bill. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 05:19:46 AM »
Swampman,

The Trinity existed in several of the texts selected at Nicaea that eventually became the Bible.   I know my history well.   The rest is faith.

ST762

That may be, but you are wrong.  Nicea is where the church departed from Christanity never to return.

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »
Swampman,

I do not know what holy book you read, but I read the Holy Bible, the Word of the one true God, Creator of heaven and earth.

Your statement that I am wrong implies that I believe in a false god, a sinful judgment on your part.    I leave you with my forgiveness and the following food for thought: "Judge not , that ye be not judged."   Matthew 7:1 NT KJV

BTW, don't address me again, please.

ST762

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 09:07:28 AM »
Maybe I misunderstood, I thought you said you believed in the doctrine of the Trinity.  If you only believe in one God then I'm sorry.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
" Blessed are the Ignorant, they have no trouble sleeping"
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »
Ironglow and DDZ,

A virgin who will become pregnant by the power of the Holy Ghost....this news was given to the virgin named Mary by the angel Gabriel.  Luke 1:35.

The enunciation of the Father regarding His Son is found in Matthew 17:5, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased; hear ye him."

Jesus is the Son of God,as stated in the Bible.  If you have any doubts on the matter, go to the source.  I do.   Your "lesson"

BTW, I read the King James Version.  Perhaps you should put away your New World Translations, my friends.

ST762
  Although I like the KJV best..but don't mind the NKJV.  Here in the public forum I will often choose a modern translation which is easiest read For a mixed group, such as here in the GBO forum....as long as it doesn't materially change scripture.
  Of course, I'll never use the "New World Translation", since it is the Jehovah's witnesses' version...actually more a convenient paraphrase...rather than an actual translation..

Offline DDZ

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »
Ironglow and DDZ,

ST762

Not sure where you got the insinuation that I read the New World Translation. I never have nor never will. All I know about it is, that its the translation the Jehovah's read.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »
I read and use them all.  One must embrace every tool in his utility belt when going forth to do battle.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »
Ironglow and DDZ,

ST762

Not sure where you got the insinuation that I read the New World Translation. I never have nor never will. All I know about it is, that its the translation the Jehovah's read.

The New World Translation calls the Holy Spirit God's active force.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline RaySendero

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 06:01:30 AM »

Swampy, You are correct - Muslims do not believe in the Trinity because they do not believe in the true God, they are godless.

But, You are wrong not to believe in the Trinity of God!

1) To be saved you must obey God and His will.

2) His will is that you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

3) when you do this, God gives you His Spirit, The Holy Ghost, The Helper, to resided in your heart with you forever.

This is the Trinity of God!!!

Read Mathew 3:13-17
When John the Baptist baptized Jesus Christ, immediately the heavens were open - The Spirit of God was seen to desend upon Jesus and God, in heaven, was heard saying "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased".

All 3 of the Trinity were present in the same place, at the same time, when Jesus Christ was baptized!!!

Ray

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »
uh Ray,  swampman doesn't believe in the Trinity.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye