Author Topic: The Struggle Within Islam  (Read 4534 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
The Struggle Within Islam
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »
Terrorists get the headlines, but most Muslims want to reclaim their religion  from extremists                           

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/The-Struggle-Within-Islam.html#ixzz1XJ6Vbaod
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: The Struggle Within Islam
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »
Such news will be of little interest to Christian fundamentalist, and rabid militarists and xenophobes amongst us in the states.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
Where is the public outcry from most Muslims when those radicals commit their acts of terrorism in the name of their religion?
Their silence gives the illusion of approval. Or is it not an illusion?
If I were to twist off and start cutting off heads, blowing up people, and flying planes into buildings and using my Baptist faith to justify it.
I'd be up to neck in Baptists wanting my head and distancing themselves from me and my actions and you never hear the end of it.
Face it Islam is not a religion of freedom or anything that smell like it. We can not peacefully coexist with a religious sect that blatantly denies basic liberties and and rights to it's own members. The fact that they care so little for the rights of their own group should give you a clue as to how much less they care for the liberties of those outside the sect.

YT3
It's very nice how you never miss a chance to attack Christians  ::)

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »
I agree, it is nothing more than a glam job. But what can I say... if any religion needed an air brush, islam is it.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline bigMikeA

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »
Such news will be of little interest to Christian fundamentalist, and rabid militarists and xenophobes amongst us in the states.

hmmmm  ....   am I a Christian fundamentalist, a rabid militarist, or maybe a xenophobe??  I dunno..

all I DO know is "it is nothing more than a glam job. But what can I say... if any religion needed an air brush, islam is it."

;)

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
Face it Islam is not a religion of freedom or anything that smell like it. We can not peacefully coexist with a religious sect that blatantly denies basic liberties and and rights to it's own members. The fact that they care so little for the rights of their own group should give you a clue as to how much less they care for the liberties of those outside the sect.

YT3
It's very nice how you never miss a chance to attack Christians  ::)

PAT. Agreed Sir.
BILLY, C4, BIG MIKE. Good posts. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »
We can not peacefully coexist with a religious sect that blatantly denies basic liberties and and rights to it's own members.
You'd better catch a clue how to peacefully exist, otherwise you'll have to be at war. There's a lot to be said for peaceful coexistence.

YT3
It's very nice how you never miss a chance to attack Christians
You don't mean that. Besides - I've not attacked Christians, I've simply observed that word that Muslims want to reclaim their religion  from extremists will be badly  received by some fundamentalists and xenophobes. Evidently,  I'm right on that, wouldn't you say?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline bigMikeA

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
Evidently,  I'm right on that, wouldn't you say?

no sir, you are not.  It's all smoke and mirrors from the PC leftist bunch.  Making excuses for the islmofacists.  your desire to peacefully coexist will be the death of you!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »
I don't think you read what I wrote, BigMike - which was, that the orig poster's point was not going to be well received. Pretty evident that it hasn't been...

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
It seems to really get the ire up from our resident muslim sympthiser.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline bigMikeA

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
I don't think you read what I wrote, BigMike - which was, that the orig poster's point was not going to be well received. Pretty evident that it hasn't been...

yeah,  I read what you wrote and I know what the OP wrote;  I don't need you to explain it to me. 

and no,   neither has been well received.  This is almost the anniversary eve of 9/11.  please explain to me why Americans should be receptive to islamofacist propoganda.      no wait....   please don't.   we don't need to hear more of that crap.

Terrorists get the headlines, but most Muslims want to reclaim their religion  from extremists                           

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/The-Struggle-Within-Islam.html#ixzz1XJ6Vbaod

leftist PC propoganda!  actions speak louder than words.  The silence from the so called moderate muslims IS DEAFENING!!!!  stay tuned for all the reports of muzzie celebrations come 9-11-11.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:58 AM »
Nothing but a glam piece. I really love how it pumps up our resident sypathisers.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 03:39:44 AM »

yeah,  I read what you wrote and I know what the OP wrote;  I don't need you to explain it to me. 
Apparently you did Mike, as you write:
and no,   neither has been well received.
See? We agree! That's not so bad, is it? :)

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 03:48:11 AM »
Nothing but a glam piece. I really love how it pumps up our resident sypathisers.

BILLY. HEH, yep, sure does. I read where the you know whats will be raising cain and making all kinds of racket when real Americans observe a moment of silence in honor of our dead. Burns my butt that they have to be pc and say that instead of a moment of PRAYER. I bet dearborn and the other clusters of these vermin will be celebrating big time. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 06:56:53 AM »
Meanwhile up here in the refreshing North our PM declared radical Islam to be the biggest threat to Canada. ;)

Imagine that coming from your No. 1 guy!! :o
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Peaceful coexistence with Islam?  Islam is the reason for the death of Byzantine culture, which was Christian in nature.   Islam is the reason why there is no peace in the Middle East to this date, as Muslim continue to kill Christians and Jews because they are kuffar.

Also, there is an inherent morality in fundamentalist Christianity.    Surprisingly, one of the first lessons is "thou shalt not kill".

ST762   
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »

Hopefully, there will be a parallel movement to reclaim Christianity from radicals, reconcillationists,  reformers, and extremists, too.....

...TM7

What a pathetic response. No surprise though.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 04:20:15 PM »
Meanwhile up here in the refreshing North our PM declared radical Islam to be the biggest threat to Canada. ;)

Imagine that coming from your No. 1 guy!! :o

Your pm is telling the truth, islam is a fast growing cancer, a boil on the butt of the entire world. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline subdjoe

Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 06:55:42 AM »
You Said:
"Hopefully, there will be a parallel movement to reclaim Christianity from radicals, reconcillationists,  reformers, and extremists, too....."

Please give a list of these "Radical Christians" that have hyjacked the religion. Lets have some facts here TM.

I don;t think your the moderator on this forum so perhaps deleting this post is not an option.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Shu

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 07:27:54 AM »
When one does not denounce the violence caused by his brothers he is in fact condoning that violence.
I don't recall the catholics crashing planes into buildings, the baptists haven't attacked any police stations. The methodist haven't grabbed a gun and shot up a chow hall. I don't recall the lutherans blowing up any market places. Maybe I am wrong and these various Christian groups are doing these things, maybe they are just sneakier and no one notices.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »
Thats what we want from TM7. The context here is the "Struggle within Islam" and those radicals that have hijacked it. He states that Christianity has been hijacked by radicals. There is a huge list of those that have hijacked islam and murder events to match. Lets see TM7 give us a comparable list for Christianity.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
I only see two ways toward a possible solution and neither is viable. Change the constitution to no longer include freedom of religion and then ban Islam, which would only help here. Second is WWIII to try and exterminate all Muslims. I don't want to see either happen. Somehow we have to find a way to live with each other.
GuzziJohn

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »
Third solution: Stop or at least severely limit immigration from Moslem countries and any other groups that refuse to assimilate.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Casull

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

They can throw the BS around as much as they want, but it doesn't mean I have to eat it.  Not only are they silent when it counts, I still remember tens of thousands of them cheering when 9-11 occurred.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
When one does not denounce the violence caused by his brothers he is in fact condoning that violence.
I don't recall the catholics crashing planes into buildings, the baptists haven't attacked any police stations. The methodist haven't grabbed a gun and shot up a chow hall. I don't recall the lutherans blowing up any market places. Maybe I am wrong and these various Christian groups are doing these things, maybe they are just sneakier and no one notices.

shu,,,, 35,000 bombs were dropped on Lybia....were these bombs of peace? Perhaps C4 knows...

C4: FYI...struggle with islam reminds me of 'the struggle with Christianity' ---you're not up on this I see. Here's some Christian hyjackers>   Haggee group, Roberstson's group Christian Coalition,,,,Scofeld and Darby followers, the weird Christian group that intervenes in vet burials, the whackdoddle Qu'ran burner preacher and followers, Liberty Counsel, Falwell's Moral Majority, Family Research Council, Christian Coalition, Hutaree Chritian Militia......these are a few groups that have served to politicize Christianity....they could use a little 'struggle within' process themselves.

..TM7

How many bombings have these groups done? How many murders? How many wars have they started? Is there a prison full of some awaitning a trial?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »

shu,,,, 35,000 bombs were dropped on Lybia....were these bombs of peace? Perhaps C4 knows...

C4: FYI...struggle with islam reminds me of 'the struggle with Christianity' ---you're not up on this I see. Here's some Christian hyjackers>   Haggee group, Roberstson's group Christian Coalition,,,,Scofeld and Darby followers, the weird Christian group that intervenes in vet burials, the whackdoddle Qu'ran burner preacher and followers, Liberty Counsel, Falwell's Moral Majority, Family Research Council, Christian Coalition, Hutaree Chritian Militia......these are a few groups that have served to politicize Christianity....they could use a little 'struggle within' process themselves.

..TM7

How many bombings have these groups done? How many murders? How many wars have they started? Is there a prison full of some awaitning a trial?

35,000 bombs have been dropped in Lybia alone,,,God only knows how many elsewhere...Death total of islamic and brown skin types is estimated to be over 1.5 million in last 2 decades...mostly civliian...in fact since war has become uncivilized around 1900 vast majority of deaths are civilians..We really don't know total islamic deaths because, they (USA, etc) stopped keeping track after 2006.  This does not count the diabolical posionings by DU bombs of peace which last for generations. A conscientous Christian might ask, ''Are all these bombs of peace?"  I doubt you get this concept, though....but it is my opinion, that yes,,,the aforementioned groups are integral in this "bombs of peace movement"...thus there is more than a struggle within Christianity...there is a war going on within Christianity

I think people, and religions should work on themselves first, before going around working on other people and religions.

...TM7

I thought NATO forces are dropping the bombs? All along its really been:

Haggee group, Roberstson's group Christian Coalition,,,,Scofeld and Darby followers, the weird Christian group that intervenes in vet burials, the whackdoddle Qu'ran burner preacher and followers, Liberty Counsel, Falwell's Moral Majority, Family Research Council, Christian Coalition, Hutaree Chritian Militia

Are you really sure about that? These groups are dropping bombs on Lybia? Can you show us one news article that names one of these groups as dropping bombs?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Shu

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 02:09:32 PM »
I personally was and am against action in Lybia. That is a soveriegn nation trying to set it's own destiny. America should never have been involved.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
You said these groups have hijacked Christianity and were dropping bombs on Libya. Now you changed and say they are "supporters" of the "Christian Parma Wars". So what this means, based on what you wrote about the members of the military,  is if you are a Christian and you join the military, you are a hijacker of Christianity and now Christianity is "Radical" and dropping bombs via all these other groups. ::)

I understand the concept of “connecting the dots”. But this is not that. You are simply “making the dots” through extreme hyper who the hell knows what.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 03:40:03 PM »
You said these groups have hijacked Christianity and were dropping bombs on Libya. Now you changed and say they are "supporters" of the "Christian Parma Wars". So what this means, based on what you wrote about the members of the military,  is if you are a Christian and you join the military, you are a hijacker of Christianity and now Christianity is "Radical" and dropping bombs via all these other groups. ::)

I understand the concept of “connecting the dots”. But this is not that. You are simply “making the dots” through extreme hyper who the hell knows what.

. No that's not what I said,,,you're doing exactly what you always accuse others of doing when you don't like the course of the conversation,,,namely changing your words around or putting words in your mouth.

Go back and re-read the thread and try to follow the course of the "conversation" (there's that word again.. ::) )

I said Christianity, likewise has a struggle within like islam and hopefully Christianity will have  successfully to reclaim itself from radicals...along the lines of the topic article on islamics.....personally, I didn't think it was a controversial statement... Religions are often in the forefront of mankind's struggles if you didn't  know that, and often the eccelsiatics find themselves enmbroiled in controversy..

Let's see, then there was a signature zinger attack of yours in here too..

You asked me to name a few of the Christianity hyjackers,,,those that serve to brew a struggle within....and I named but a few.

Then a sneak psycho question...how many peace bombs did these groups launch.? A rhetorical question to hear yoruself speak...obviously aside for those members of these groups in the mil ,,,none.  They serve as the steering and cheering committees to egg on these Christianity defying attacks...without their approval these attacks and peace bombs wouldn't rain from the sky,,,nor the war attitude maintained...double down on these so-called alleged Christian groups for permitting this blasphemy to go on right under their collective noses in support of 21st Century Perma Wars.

I didn't change a single thing...you mind changed in the course of trying to follow the thread and score some abstract points.

Then we have shu...talking like a moral Christian man...why not follow his example.

Casull still thinks many islamics haven't made amens enough for the alleged 911 attacks...that also is incorrect belief and info.

Now while you focus and fixate on moslems and blame them for all that is wrong in the USA,,,I would like to remind you that it is more guys like youself, and the aforementioned groups that have a far bigger share in the decline of this country; because
the Muslims are a far less enemy then the enemy within...... They don’t extort usury through the Federal Reserve; they aren’t manufacturing population-reducing vaccines and GMO seeds; they didn’t devise our abortion laws (about fifty million dead); they didn’t bail out the banks; they didn’t create the Department of Homeland Security and impose the PATRIOT Act; they aren’t wiretapping our private conversations or scanning us at the airport; they didn’t impose godless Communism on several countries and cause the death of millions of innocent people; they haven’t instituted the draconian healthcare laws; they have not orchestrated the nation’s economic crashes; they have not deindustrialized the nation and outsourced so many jobs and crybabied for more corporate largess; they haven’t wiped out the middle class by passing trade laws like NAFTA; and they haven’t foreclosed on thousands of homes; they are not the reason thousands of people live in tent cities; they haven’t developed depleted uranium weapons. Instead of worrying about a mosque and muzzies, consider what’s going on behind the closed doors at the Federal Reserve, the Pentagon, the Senate and House chambers, the CFR, the State Department, the UN,or the doors of the aforementioned groups and  dozens of other places. The Muslims didn’t instigate the attacks on the USS Liberty or the USS Cole and they like couldn't have  orchestrated the highly organized  and sophiticated attack in Manhattan on 9/11.

Just my opinion...TM7

Filled with too many lies about what I said to take the time to list. That is the goal. Fill the forum with so many lies about what others say they just give up. Throw in the kitchen sink to try and deflect attention away from the lies and at the tail end of the post to try and sway the reader away from the spirit of the subject. You take the discussion from the issue at hand, your claims that Christianity has been hijacked by radicals equal to the radicals that have hijacked Islam. You accuse a specific list of groups and accuse them of bombing Libya but provide no equal comparison to the nut jobs that hijacked islam. You provide have baked nothings to connect phantom dots then bring in federal reserve bank!! I’m not sure. Is this a talk forum or a comical routine you got going on here?

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3