Author Topic: The Struggle Within Islam  (Read 4545 times)

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Struggle Within Islam
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2011, 03:24:04 AM »
IG,
I don't worship on the base. I just happen to have been at several functions with the chaplain. I don't see them as double minded. I see them with a dificult task that has a need to be done. We are one nation made from many. The military is one military made from many also. I am not saying houses of worship need to be comingled either.
If you do not decry the wrong deeds of your brothers you are condoning their actions.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2011, 04:48:53 AM »
Shu;
     I understand the "rock & a hard place"spot where the military chaplins must walk a tight line and I can empathise with them.  That's not much different trhan it was with myself in the military so many years ago.  I couldn't do it myself, but I hope they can continue leading in the direction of Christ.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
Shu;
.................. but I hope they can continue leading in the direction of Christ.

No they can't. We had or still have an active service Chaplain here, perhaps he could chime in on this.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »
Shu;
.................. but I hope they can continue leading in the direction of Christ.

No they can't. We had or still have an active service Chaplain here, perhaps he could chime in on this.
  Scatter;
  Big brother isn't shadowing a chaplin 24/7... and the (Christian) chaplin still has duty to "the great commission"..that hasn't changed over 2,000 years.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 05:55:46 AM »
As a Christian yes, as an Officer in the Military NO.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Shu

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2011, 08:56:10 AM »
Not trying to speak for the base chaplain or any others. I do know the few I have dealt with have been honest men. They do their jobs, teaching, preaching and leading. They have a difficult task dealing with whiners and chronic complainers. I do know their was a flap a few years ago about ending a prayer with the phrase "in the name Jesus amen". The chaplains who insisted this was right were originally told to stop but that was countermanded.
I have never in 30 years seen any commanding officer or any other officer that out ranked the chaplain tell them what to speak about or on.
Back to the topic- I think most peoples problem with Islam is the cheering when the twin towers fell. That set me off also. The continual cries for jihad and calling America the great satan tend to get folks riled up also. We have a great freedom in America other countries are jealous of (whether they admit it or not). I think this jealousy stirs up alot of other nations to hate. Just as kids see another kid with something they don't have they try to take it from him. They would rather see it broke and useless if they can't posses it themselves.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2011, 09:17:44 AM »
Right on Shu..that's about how I see it also.

Offline powderman

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2011, 03:11:47 PM »
If you do not decry the wrong deeds of your brothers you are condoning their actions.

SHU. That was my point. If a Christian Chaplain is also conducting muslim services he is condoning what he knows is wrong and evil. That is not something that a Chaplain should be doing. You think God would approve of that?? I'd be a lot more concerned with what God wants, than man. POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2011, 05:53:04 PM »
  That is the part which troubles me...   I can understand a military chaplain doing a stretch between Christian denominations..not that I could do it..
   But for a Christian preacher to start propagating Islam...   

Either He "stands for something"  or he will "sit for anything" !

Offline Shu

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »
That would be something to take up with the chaplains corp.
I have no control over it nor do I desire to put a dog in that fight.
I am only stating what I have seen or discussed with a chaplain. I think if a chaplain is available and you really need his services then you will be happy to have him.
Also could/would a Christian chaplain be able to witness the Gospel of Christ to a muslim? Maybe that is a thought? Fortunately no evangelists go into the inner city and preach/teach the Gospels, or possibly into a foriegn country to spread the gospel. Just saying some Christians are sneaky about spreading the Gospels while others are more open. Which apostle was it that said Be all things to all to men to win one more? Certainly that apostle was a bit outrageous in his teachings of the day. Maybe just maybe that is what some of those sneaky chaplains are doing.

PM and IG,
Both of you have very valid points, as stated I do not wish to speak for the chaplin or anyone else. Nor do I want to. I do not know the contents of their hearts. What I do know is the one I talked with was very interested in getting the Gospels spread. He preformed services as needed. The community I live in was started in 1940 the first chaplin was a Catholic, the next was a protesant. The catholic community built a church and got the catholic church to send out a regular priest becuase they didn't like the protestant chaplin. Over the course of time chaplains from protestant and catholism were sent. No rabbis, no imams have ever been sent and I believe there are only 5 active imams in the chaplins corps. The past 3 chaplins have performed a variety of services for those that have come into the All Faith chapel. None of those men from what I have seen or heard have watered down the Gospel. Up to you to decide if the Chaplins Corps is doing God's work or satans. I got no dog in the fight. Personally I feel a true man of God can minister to people regardless of their faith and perhaps win one more becuase God's Word always does what it is intended to do.

Offline powderman

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »
Also could/would a Christian chaplain be able to witness the Gospel of Christ to a muslim?

SHU. Good thought. If I were a chaplain that would be the only thing I would agree to do for a muslim, I could not promote his cult. If I did I would not consider myself a Christian if I were to preach from a koran. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
Islam can't get along with ANY other religion.  They tried to destroy Buddism and Hinduism in India.  They destroyed Buddists statues in Afganistan.  They destroyed Christian churches and other symbols when they took the Middle East, Egypt, and North Africa from the Bysintine Empire (Eastern Roman, Orthodox Christians).  They are still killing non Muslims in India, Thailand, Southern Asia, etc.  They cannot get along with anyone.  Look to the so called tribal ethnic wars all over Africa.  It is mostly Muslim groups against other African groups.  No one can co-exist with a violent, militant, religious fanatic.  Islam never had a reformation like the West, neither a renainsance.  They are still hung up in middle age ideas and life.  They are the largest "cult" religion in the world.  Even if people wanted to leave that religion, they will not out of fear of death, or being cut off from their families.  This is what cults do.  Yes there have been a few "christian" cults, but they are not mainstream and didn't blow up buildings, and kill other people.  Christianity spread through Europe, before and after the fall of the Roman Empire mostly by peaceful means with priests, evangelists, monks, etc, going among the people and converting them.  We can coexist with Muslim nations, but we must remain strong, and we wary of anything they say or do.  We don't have to allow them to move here.

Offline RB Rooson

• Contributor
  • "If you come for mine, be sure to bring yours!"
    • http://www.ptca.00go.com
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
TM7, are you a Christian?

Simple YES or NO is all that is required as it will help me (and possibly others) to understand where you are coming from....

Thanks,

RB
SASS #16974 - Duelist
SBSS # 1195 (O.G.B.) LXXIX
BOLD # 352

"Everyday I pray to be the man that my dog thinks I am!"

Offline powderman

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2011, 12:56:45 PM »
DIXIE DUDE. Good post Sir, agreed. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
I'm not going out on any limb here, but I would strongly suggest that he is not a Christian. Anyone that would say Christianity is "radical", is likely no Christian. Not to mention the other unfounded charges he's made here about it.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
I'm not going out on any limb here, but I would strongly suggest that he is not a Christian. Anyone that would say Christianity is "radical", is likely no Christian. Not to mention the other unfounded charges he's made here about it.

Sounds to me like your going out on a limb!You think Christians should wear an arm band saying.....I'm a Christian? Or carry a Bible with them at all times. Sort of like waving a flag  makes one Patriotic.

I suppose you would classify this man as non Christian!
http://newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin666.htm
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »

Sounds to me like your going out on a limb!You think Christians should wear an arm band saying.....I'm a Christian? Or carry a Bible with them at all times. Sort of like waving a flag  makes one Patriotic.

You apparently have not gotten caught up on reading this thread. You've got some work to do. Then you can ask me some questions and make some assertions.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »

You apparently have not gotten caught up on reading this thread. You've got some work to do. Then you can ask me some questions and make some assertions.

Reading comprehesion 101!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »

***************************************************************************************
  No NW..  I don't recall seeing anyone saying anything about wearing an armband or carrying an omnipresent Bible..can you provide a reference such as a post # ?  Indeed..it looks as if it is you who is 'making assumptions'.. ;)

I did take a look at the fellow named Chuck Baldwin..whoever he is... I cannot make any pronouncements upon the status of Baldwin's salvation; that's between him and God..  But reading some of his writings and sermons is an adventure..for instance where he states:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  " Evangelical Christians. Shoot (pun intended)! Most evangelical Christians didn’t even bat an eye when the federal government sent military and police personnel to murder American citizens, including old men, women, and children--Christian old men, women, and children, no less--outside Waco, Texas.
And where are today’s evangelical Christians giving a second thought regarding their fellow Christian brothers and sisters in many of these Middle Eastern countries that are being persecuted, imprisoned, tortured, and killed by the puppet regimes being put in power by the US government--at US taxpayer (including Christian taxpayer) expense? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but more Christians have been persecuted under the US-imposed regime in Iraq than were ever persecuted when Saddam Hussein was in power. Oh! And don’t forget that it was the US government that was responsible for putting Saddam Hussein in power to begin with. The US government set up Osama bin Laden, too. But I digress".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Well, I can state with certainty he is obviously not very observant.  Many Christians and other citizens are very upset at the mayhem perpetrated in Waco...and we spoke out very strongly here as well as elsewhere !!
    He makes this claim, saying WE didn't do much about it...well, pardon me if I didn't see HIM at Waco with a machine gun and hand grenades..going after the FBI !!!   ..CERTAINLY WE ALL DID JUST AS MUCH AS HE DID ABOUT IT !!!

Then he claims WE don't mind the suffering of Christians under Islamic dictators...well, again..I didn't see HIM in Iraq or Afghanistan,  carrying an M-249 SAW gun and clenching a  bayonet between his teeth..going after the dictators!!!

I do however,  know personally several fine young Christian soldiers and Marines who have served in that combat.  Who in tarnation is Chuck Baldwin to cast such judgement upon other Christians.  EACH OF THOSE YOUNG TROOPERS DID TONS MORE ABOUT THE DICTATORS THAN HE EVER DREAMED OF !!!   ...Well; ...maybe he DREAMED of  it !!

Acccording to his own website, he strikes me as a "preacher" who is short on preaching the gospel and long on preaching CONSPIRACY THEORIES...

Baldwin sounds like a big  blow-hard to me...   but that's just my $ .02.....

Offline powderman

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2011, 05:10:07 PM »
CABIN 4. Good  posts, agreed. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2011, 06:05:07 PM »

Oh! I've caught up on it, and I didn't know I needed your permission to ask questions.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2011, 06:38:07 PM »

***************************************************************************************
  No NW..  I don't recall seeing anyone saying anything about wearing an armband or carrying an omnipresent Bible..can you provide a reference such as a post # ?  Indeed..it looks as if it is you who is 'making assumptions'.. ;)

I did take a look at the fellow named Chuck Baldwin..whoever he is... I cannot make any pronouncements upon the status of Baldwin's salvation; that's between him and God..  But reading some of his writings and sermons is an adventure..for instance where he states:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  " Evangelical Christians. Shoot (pun intended)! Most evangelical Christians didn’t even bat an eye when the federal government sent military and police personnel to murder American citizens, including old men, women, and children--Christian old men, women, and children, no less--outside Waco, Texas.
And where are today’s evangelical Christians giving a second thought regarding their fellow Christian brothers and sisters in many of these Middle Eastern countries that are being persecuted, imprisoned, tortured, and killed by the puppet regimes being put in power by the US government--at US taxpayer (including Christian taxpayer) expense? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but more Christians have been persecuted under the US-imposed regime in Iraq than were ever persecuted when Saddam Hussein was in power. Oh! And don’t forget that it was the US government that was responsible for putting Saddam Hussein in power to begin with. The US government set up Osama bin Laden, too. But I digress".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Well, I can state with certainty he is obviously not very observant.  Many Christians and other citizens are very upset at the mayhem perpetrated in Waco...and we spoke out very strongly here as well as elsewhere !!
    He makes this claim, saying WE didn't do much about it...well, pardon me if I didn't see HIM at Waco with a machine gun and hand grenades..going after the FBI !!!   ..CERTAINLY WE ALL DID JUST AS MUCH AS HE DID ABOUT IT !!!
         Then he claims WE don't mind the suffering of Christians under Islamic dictators...well, again..I didn't see HIM in Iraq or Afghanistan,  carrying an M-249 SAW gun and clenching a  bayonet between his teeth..going after the dictators!!!

I do however,  know personally several fine young Christian soldiers and Marines who have served in that combat.  Who in tarnation is Chuck Baldwin to cast such judgement upon other Christians.  EACH OF THOSE YOUNG TROOPERS DID TONS MORE ABOUT THE DICTATORS THAN HE EVER DREAMED OF !!!   ...Well; ...maybe he DREAMED of  it !!
Acccording to his own website, he strikes me as a "preacher" who is short on preaching the gospel and long on preaching CONSPIRACY THEORIES...

Baldwin sounds like a big  blow-hard to me...   but that's just my $ .02.....

Since you don't know who Baldwin is, let me help you out here!
Shucks! We can't be experts on all subjects can we?
Baldwin was a 2008 candidate for US President and represented the Constitution Party. (If you've never heard of them, I can give you their URL. He writes for several internet publications, but is seldom seen  on Fox or  other Liberal mainstream Soap.

He was a former  Republican Party member, and was state chairman of the Florida Moral Majority in the 1980s. He left the party during the 2000 campaign of Republican George W. Bush for U.S. President. He endorsed  Ron Paul ( He's a Rep from Texas)for the 2008 Republican nomination for president, and Paul in turn endorsed Baldwin for the presidency in the 2008 general election

He supports ending U.S. involvement in the United Nations, reducing U.S. income taxes, and repeal of the Patriot Act. He would withdraw troops from Iraq and seek to end illegal immigration by enforcing immigration laws. He supports the gold standard, the right to keep and bear arms, homeschooling, and the proposed Sanctity of Life Act, which would define "human life" and legal personhood as beginning at conception, and prevent federal courts from hearing cases on abortion-related legislation.

Sounds pretty Conservative.......Don't he? By the way! I have never heard Baldwin, or Ron Paul do anything but praise the Man or woman in uniform. As a matter of fact, they both received a lot of support from the military during the elections. His problem is with the governments foreign policies, and the Religious Rights blessings on these Unconstitutional wars.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »
NW,

There is a major difference between conservative and cookservative........there is a major difference between a conservative and cookservative.   The cookservatives are the individuals, like ole' Chuckie Baldwin, whose positions are so out there as to constitute an asnychronous orbital pattern.   

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2011, 06:47:40 PM »
No you don't need my permission to do anything. I answered your post but don't you think its best that you be caught up on the thread so your better prepared to ask reasonable questions and make assertions?

Now that you took the time to get all caught up, do you have any new questions or anything else for me?

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3