Author Topic: Got my new replacement revolver... BUT I CAN'T KEEP IT!!!  (Read 782 times)

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Got my new replacement revolver... BUT I CAN'T KEEP IT!!!
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:14:15 PM »
My replacement 1862 Police came today but I couldn't open the package 'till I got Kathie back from the hospital; they took her Chemo port out today!   :)

Anyway, the first thing I noticed was that the barrel wedge was very loose.  No biggie, it did it's job.

But then I found I couldn't cock the hammer!   :o  After some experimenting I discovered that I could thumb the hammer back if the muzzle was pointed down, but it wouldn't budge if the pistol was held level or pointed up.   ???

And it appeared that the timing was way off.   >:(

I'm going to send it back; I don't see how I have any choice.  The revolver looks great, but this isn't the quality I expect from Uberti...  :(

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
Re: Got my new replacement revolver... BUT I CAN'T KEEP IT!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:50:55 AM »
Just talked to Midway Customer Service.  Talked to a super nice young lady who apologised profusely, made note of everything I said and cleared up a question I had on shipping costs.

The 5.5 inch Police model is now out of stock but they still have the 6.5 inch barreled ones.  But I've had all the experience with the 5 shot pocket revolvers I can stand.   ::)  Since Midway already has my pension check I'll either get another '61 Navy so I'll have a matched pair or a '51 Navy to have something a little different.

I will be writing Uberti however.  I almost want to take back all the good things I've said about them vs. Pietta.   :-\
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Gatofeo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
Quite the fluke.
I've handled perhaps 200 Ubertis through the years, and never ONCE found one that so shoddy. Oh, I've seen a few whose quality was not up to par, but never heard of one so far off.
Frankly, I'm amazed. Were I you, I'd consider it a terrible fluke. Let us know how this turns out.
Sorry to hear of Kathie's troubles. I wish her a speedy recovery.
"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44."

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:22:06 AM »
JAWJA TOFU!  How ya doon!?   ;D

I thought it was a fluke myself, the first time.  But the second one was so bad it made me wish I had not sent the first one back!   ::)

My other two revolvers and M73 rifle are first rate otherwise I would probably be burned on Ubertis.  So now I'm just giving up on the little revolvers and am exchanging the Police for a '51 London model.

Kathie's doing as well as can be right now.  But it's been a heckova last 8 months!   :-\  Thanks for your wishes.
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit