Author Topic: Deadline fast approaches--extended  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Deadline fast approaches--extended
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »

2nd Annual GBO Miniature Cannon Club Postal Shoot  ends midnight Sunday September 25, 2011.  Postmark no later than October 1, 2011.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Deadline fast approaches
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 12:14:38 AM »
Hey DD, why don't you post your targets, so I'll have an idea of what I've got to better. :) ;D :D

I ordered a bunch of fuse from"CannonFuse" Tues., so I should be getting it this coming week. That's the first time that I've ordered from them, I figured I'd give the 'Montana Boys' home state some business. Anyway, to the point: On the last page, when you're finishing up on your order, there's a box that asks where you heard about their company, and one of the choices is "Graybeard", so anyone ordering from this outfit should remember to let them know where we're coming from.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Double D

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 05:33:40 AM »
Hey DD, why don't you post your targets, so I'll have an idea of what I've got to better. :) ;D :D

I ordered a bunch of fuse from"CannonFuse" Tues., so I should be getting it this coming week. That's the first time that I've ordered from them, I figured I'd give the 'Montana Boys' home state some business. Anyway, to the point: On the last page, when you're finishing up on your order, there's a box that asks where you heard about their company, and one of the choices is "Graybeard", so anyone ordering from this outfit should remember to let them know where we're coming from.

I haven't shot yet...I better get that done next week end. Southpaw what are you doing next weekend.

Offline Double D

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 06:04:09 AM »
Here is the Cut  Bank Sportsman's association  Blog.  It opens with  video of use shooting  the SAMCC Postal shoot.
http://www.cutbanksportsman.blogspot.com/

I talked to Southpaw a little bit ago.  I am headed up to his place next weekend to shoot my postal.

Southpaw is having surgery this week, and will have his arm in a sling and I will entertain him.

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
 :) I'm sure he will enjoy your entertainment!.......especially if it has something to do with Fire and Smoke! (Along with loud booms!)
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Double D

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 04:59:54 PM »
Hurry  guys deadline is Sunday.    I am going to load up and go shoot my targets in the morning ...

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »
sorry I'm out.  Too much going on around here, and now waayyy too wet to light a fuse

keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Double D

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »

Offline Double D

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 05:54:39 PM »
I can extend it a week if you wish...

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 01:06:48 AM »
How about extending the postmark date to the eighth instead of the first?
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Double D

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 04:42:08 AM »
Done!!!

It was 95 degrees in Cut Bank yesterday perfect cannon shooting weather, since the snow isn't flying  no reason to not shoot cannons.

Keith and  Cannoneer-John get  busy...Rocklock and Tracy, you didn't turn you target in at the Cannon shoot get them in the mail..how about the rest of you get them in the mall....Dom you proved that little Dalghren can shoot.  Wanna sell some guns, get your targets in.

Deadline Extended!!!

NOTE:  Shoot starts March 1 and ends midnight Sunday September 25, 2011 October 8.  Postmark no later than October 1, 2011 October 15th, 2011.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
Re: Deadline fast approaches--extended
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »
That's great, now I'll be able to get to the range next weekend, instead of having to rush there after work on a weekday. It never fails, I got rained out yesterday, and then again today.

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
      Double D.,  Mike's name was on the two targets he fired at the Montana Shoot.  We had one cannon that met the criteria, so you will not find a separate entry for me or Gary.  I am far too busy lately to do anything extra, so you will not see anything in the mail from me.  I just got a call from Gary and he says the same goes for him.  We sure had fun at the shoot, though and we frequently discuss ways to do in the Fort.

Tracy
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline Double D

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
      Double D.,  Mike's name was on the two targets he fired at the Montana Shoot.  We had one cannon that met the criteria, so you will not find a separate entry for me or Gary.  I am far too busy lately to do anything extra, so you will not see anything in the mail from me.  I just got a call from Gary and he says the same goes for him.  We sure had fun at the shoot, though and we frequently discuss ways to do in the Fort.

Tracy

Tracy all you had to do was get two shots on each target in the scoring rings and with your  handicap from last year you would have been the champion!

Offline Double D

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »
This it guys, the last weekend for the  postal match...get your targets shot and get them in the mail.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 07:01:45 PM »
It's got to stop raining sometime; doesn't it? I don't care if it is raining, I'm still going to shoot this Sat. or Sunday.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »
I'm still thinking about cleaning up the shop so I can build a cannon to meet the specs.....

Maybe next year.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
Well, I finally managed to get off 12 shots on two targets Saturday; and miracle of miracles, it didn't rain!

Offline Double D

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 04:05:29 AM »
Today is the day guys get em shoot and in the mail!!