Author Topic: Trophy Bonded Bear Claws??  (Read 519 times)

Offline jackD

• Trade Count: (0)
Trophy Bonded Bear Claws??
« on: January 06, 2004, 03:58:54 PM »
I was curious if anyone tried these and their opinion. I will be shooting them in a .300 win mag for deer mostly. After trying many bullets and not being satisfied I have stuck to partitions, either a-frames or nosler, for several years. The TBBC looks like a partitions excpet just has a solid shank. It looks like it would leave a nice exit wound. The ones I happen to pick up a the federal premium high energy.

Offline willis5

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 01:57:47 AM »
brother in law just shot a doe with a TBBC in a .270though. There was a tiny entrance hole (bullet size) and silver dollar sized exit. I don't know about in a 300 mag
Cheers,
Willis5

Offline denvas

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 06:57:43 AM »
I have been shooting the TBBCs for years with very good results. I have used them in .223, .7mm-08, .7mm Rem Mag, .308, .264 Win Mag, .300 Win Mag, .338 and .375 H & H. My kids and I have taken whitetail, elk, mule deer, moose, caribou, eland, sable, mountian lion, African lion, cape buffalo, water buffalo, kudu, impala, wart hog, feral hog, black bear, grizzley bear, various sheep and goats as well as axis, blackbuck, sika, fallow, etc. When properly loaded they have always been an excellent performer. Jack had a very good idea when he designed these tough little bullets.
Denvas
May the wind always blow in your face and the sun always shine over your shoulder. Then your prey will be unable to smell you and unable to see you until after they hear the crack of your shot!

Offline willis5

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 07:27:36 AM »
accuratereloading.com has videos of people shooting game with TBBC. You might want to check it out. the game is african.
Cheers,
Willis5