Author Topic: LOADING ROOM LAYOUTS  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: LOADING ROOM LAYOUTS
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 09:18:03 AM »
Can I still post here even if I only have a reloading corner?? :(  This is all I get in our house. It get's the job done though.  ;)

I'm just glad that the wife and I get along as well as we do. There's no telling what I would get if we weren't. A reloading doghouse?? :o

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
I'm another "corner" loader, no big spread for me, this is 2'x4' plus an end table and some shelves off to the side.

found elsewhere

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
Those setups look completely functional!!

I started out with a counter in my pantry. (Back in my first place and when single.) I could close the door and no one even dreamed what was in there with the Pasta and cereal boxes, Green beans, Corn, Spam and Tuna cans.. ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 02:25:45 PM »
Wow! I think that Lloyd's is the best mancave, you could actually live out there. All the other ones look good also.
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30

Offline GLShooter

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »
Thought I'd make my first post besides my intro in this area. This is where I hang my hat most of the time since I retired.  I hope they are not too large but we shall see!!

I've been doing this a few years as it was the only way to feed my addiction to competitive shooting and other little side jaunts!!

Greg

The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 01:28:07 AM »
I like your setup. the star with the dillon case feeder is cool. I have to ask though what you think of that dillon primer tube filler. I had one and it was a total pos. I love dillion stuff but i finally gave up on that &&&&&&& thing and sent it back for a refund.
Thought I'd make my first post besides my intro in this area. This is where I hang my hat most of the time since I retired.  I hope they are not too large but we shall see!!

I've been doing this a few years as it was the only way to feed my addiction to competitive shooting and other little side jaunts!!

Greg
blue lives matter

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 01:29:34 AM »
I like your setup. the star with the dillon case feeder is cool. I have to ask though what you think of that dillon primer tube filler. I had one and it was a total pos. I love dillion stuff but i finally gave up on that &&&&&&& thing and sent it back for a refund. I had one of those hornady american turents too and lost it in the fire. there a hell of a good press

Greg
blue lives matter

Offline GLShooter

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 07:34:37 AM »
I've had decent luck with the Dillon filer. I have the goodies for large and small primers. Of course they are here in town and have coached me on how to adjust it. They also said if it whipped my butt they would adjust it for me!!

The AA Turrets are great presses. I have used mine so much with a UNIFLO on the head that it actually has beat a groove in the cast iron over the years. I replaced an RCBS JR I started within 1975 when I got into IHMSA and needed more ammo.  Of course then I upgraded to the Dillon 300's when I went into IPSC full force.  Press acquisition has been driven by different competition needs. I even added a single stage last year after not owning one for over 30 years!! 

I try to choose stuff that works for me. No gear snob cooking in my brain but I do try to buy more than what will just get the job done. I focus on convenience, speed and strength. Hench the three 300's so I don't have to swap stuff out!!  ;)

Greg

Offline rugerfan.64

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 03:51:10 PM »
Nice setup GL. Love the lava lamp. No wonder dang components are hard to come by sometimes.

Offline GLShooter

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
Nice setup GL. Love the lava lamp. No wonder dang components are hard to come by sometimes.

Thanks. I like the lava light when I load my old school stuff like 38 Special and 45 ACP.  The Garfield phone is one of my favorite reloading area additions.  ;)

I buy components in large quantity when I can. Never want to have a shortage.

Greg

Offline shot1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 12:05:43 PM »
I don't have any pictures of my current reloading section in my unfinished basement where I currently live. I am in the process of purchasing a house. I will have a little over 1500 square feet of finished basement with great room and two bedroom size rooms plus another 600 square feet of unfinished basement that all combined will be my man cave. I am going to have one supper loading room.  ;D

Offline rugerfan.64

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »
  The Garfield phone is one of my favorite reloading area additions.  ;)

LOL, Man I missed the Garfield phone ( one of my all time fav cats ) GL. Guess I was just so overwhelmed by that stylish Lava Lamp!

Offline GLShooter

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
I don't have any pictures of my current reloading section in my unfinished basement where I currently live. I am in the process of purchasing a house. I will have a little over 1500 square feet of finished basement with great room and two bedroom size rooms plus another 600 square feet of unfinished basement that all combined will be my man cave. I am going to have one supper loading room.  ;D

Sounds fantastic. Get back to us in three years when  you are tunneling out those basement walls for more room!!  ;)

Don't laugh, I did about the same thing every time I moved!!

Greg

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 08:05:51 AM »
Here's my set-up.  most of this stuff was free.  It may seem like junk but it works fine and takes up little space.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline GLShooter

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 08:23:53 AM »
Free is good and you done good!!

Greg

Offline cybin

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Contributor
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »
If it gets the job done for you--what else is it supposed to do?  Looks good to me.

cybin