Author Topic: 9 9 9 Plan  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
9 9 9 Plan
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:37:54 AM »
With Cain winning in Florida, I decided to do a little research into this famous 9 9 9 plan. Now from what I can gather that is a 9% income tax, a 9% corporate tax, and a 9% FEDERAL sales tax. Now someone please correct me if I am wrong, but as of right now we have no FEDERAL sales tax on most goods. Local and States taxes where I live are already 9 cents the dollar. Since his plan does not eliminate the local and state taxes, then that means that they will be combined and I will have to pay 18 cents in taxes on every dollar spent. That seems a little excessive to me. 
Another thing that seems insane about this plan is the 9% income tax. Why should my income be taxed even one percent. I am with Bachman on this one. EVERY cent I earn, I should get to keep. There should be NO PERSONAL income tax. The income tax system as it is set up is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. I do NOT want a president who is going to stick with the status quo of using unconstitutional laws to rule. Can anyone else see the problems with this plan that people are championing for???

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline powderman

Re: 9 9 9 Plan
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
Since his plan does not eliminate the local and state taxes, then that means that they will be combined and I will have to pay 18 cents in taxes on every dollar spent. That seems a little excessive to me.

HEATHER. We pay much more than 18% now when you figure in gas tax, road tax, school tax, and all the other hidden taxes we now pay. But yes, I do consider his plan excessive. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
it could kill a lot of large purchases with the excess sales tax.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
I also agree with Bachmann's statements, but I don't see anyone being able to carry that one out, including her & the rest of her statement bears that out.

Concerning the 9 9 9, I would sure enjoy the fed income tax part compared to my current taxes & the corp. tax would be good for alot of corporations, but that sales tax could get rough.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
i like herman cain, ive not done a lot of research on him.im concerned about the corporate tax. is this less or more than they pay now? if it is less then that will stimulate the economy for sure.adding a sales tax on top of state income tax would be a prob.revamping the whole tax system will be difficult for sure but it may need to be done.i dont see a lot happening until something radical goes on.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:39:42 PM »
Cains 999 Plan is an interim plan that he proposes will be replaced with the Fair Tax.
I like Cain I believe he's a straight shooter and a man of the people. He has a plain spoken quality that makes you feel at ease, unlike the professional politicians he is up against. It's that same quality that made so many of us like Sarah Palin. That down to earth quality that makes you feel like you are talking to a friend. I think that is fine quality in a person and would be a great quality in a leader. Listening to Cain I get the feeling that he has never talked down to anyone. But he's a no PC sissy man he will tell it like he sees it. When He called that infestation in the white houses dribble, "Bull Squat" I knew he was not some pandering puke spewing politico bottom feeder. I don't know just yet if I'm gonna be a Honky for Herman , but I like him and don't mind raising some Cain.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 04:59:55 AM »
The first thing that any tax revision must consider is what the net effect is, and in the case of Herman Cain's version, it is a nonstarter.  Unless his explanation leaves a whole lot out, the plan would represent an enormous tax increase to average income folks.  From what I've seen of Cain's plan, it looks like it was primarily designed to benefit business.  There is nothing wrong with throwing business a bone, but it can't be at the expense of another group--especially of the masses.

Two elements of Cain's tax plan--if it does what I have heard him explain--that makes it unworkable is: 1) It removes the dedicated payroll tax (FICA) which pays for Social Security and Medicare and 2) It imposes new taxes on a huge sector of folks who basically are now paying no income tax, or a very modest amount of income tax.

I can see no benefit in changing a bad tax plan for one that is even worse.  In this case, "worse" would be defined as anything that increases what I pay.
Swingem

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 05:17:10 AM »
When it comes to taxes, my belief is that I look out for #1 (me) and I watch out for #2 (any crappy plan that raises my taxes).
Swingem

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 08:08:17 AM »
The way I see it, the 9 9 9  plan would reduce my income tax burden, as I am in the 15% bracket for income taxes.   The 9% national sales tax is designed to capture the 47% who pay no federal income tax, and likely, no state income tax, either.    On that basis, I say the 9 9 9 plan is a good idea.  Besides, if the corporate tax rate is 9%, and not 35%, more businesses and corporations would remain and stay in the stateside. 

The whole point of tax reform and lowering rates is to expand the tax base, so that even the welfare parasites are paying federal taxes.

It is the best plan I have heard of so far, since the Fair Tax, like the current tax code, does not tax welfare check income.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:49 AM »
The way I see it, the 9 9 9  plan would reduce my income tax burden, as I am in the 15% bracket for income taxes.   The 9% national sales tax is designed to capture the 47% who pay no federal income tax, and likely, no state income tax, either.    On that basis, I say the 9 9 9 plan is a good idea.  Besides, if the corporate tax rate is 9%, and not 35%, more businesses and corporations would remain and stay in the stateside.  

The whole point of tax reform and lowering rates is to expand the tax base, so that even the welfare parasites are paying federal taxes.

It is the best plan I have heard of so far, since the Fair Tax, like the current tax code, does not tax welfare check income.

ST762
Don't tax welfare check income...ELIMINATE it! Then everyone's tax burden can be lowered. Any plan that raises taxes is NOT a good plan in my opinion. Taxes being regulated on a federal level is just not right. The idea of personal income tax is unconstitutional. Did anybody catch that part??? PERSONAL INCOME TAXES ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL. IF we are behind a candidate that is for keeping in line with unconstitutional laws, then we really have no hope of fixing this mess. The best plan so far is unconstitutional at best and massive tax hikes for the majority of the population at worst. When and only when people realize that it is not the Governments job or even within their rights to make decisions with OUR money, will we be able to start seeing economic growth again. 
Heather

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:31 AM »
The way I see it, the 9 9 9  plan would reduce my income tax burden, as I am in the 15% bracket for income taxes.   The 9% national sales tax is designed to capture the 47% who pay no federal income tax, and likely, no state income tax, either.    On that basis, I say the 9 9 9 plan is a good idea.  Besides, if the corporate tax rate is 9%, and not 35%, more businesses and corporations would remain and stay in the stateside. 

ST762
Don't tax welfare check income...ELIMINATE it! Then everyone's tax burden can be lowered. Any plan that raises taxes is NOT a good plan in my opinion. Taxes being regulated on a federal level is just not right. The idea of personal income tax is unconstitutional. Did anybody catch that part??? PERSONAL INCOME TAXES ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL. IF we are behind a candidate that is for keeping in line with unconstitutional laws, then we really have no hope of fixing this mess. The best plan so far is unconstitutional at best and massive tax hikes for the majority of the population at worst. When and only when people realize that it is not the Governments job or even within their rights to make decisions with OUR money, will we be able to start seeing economic growth again.
Heather

I like R. Paul's plan.........Do away with the IRS period!
Paul introduced a bill back in 2009, called the Liberty Bill, which would have repeal the 16th Amendment

The Liberty Amendment also  forbade the Federal government from performing any action not explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution.

The 16th Amendment gives the Federal government a direct claim on the lives of American citizens by enabling Congress to levy a direct income tax on individuals. Until the 16th amendment passed, the Supreme Court had held that Congress had no power to impose an income tax.

The Founding Fathers realized this.  Which is why they did not give the Federal government the power to impose an income tax.  Americans today give more than a third of their income to the Federal government. Income taxes retard economic growth by discouraging work and production.

Yep! I like Paul's plan........Repeal the 16th Amendment.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 11:08:06 AM »
Corp's pass along any cost they have , TAXES being one of them. So taxing corp's is in reality double tax on consumers. Many corp's pay sales tax add a service and don't have the pain of keeping up with charging sales tax.
 If you look at income taxes at least in my state a 9% tax would be good. Even adding sales tax would be a savings . It would be nice to not tax food and drugs.
With out income the govt. can't run. I do believe that cost should be cut , war only in true defense of America and established friends. Make wealfare a work for your money deal for those able to work.
Best to end all perks for politicans .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 04:49:46 AM »
In the real world, short of an actual revolution, the income tax is not going to go away, so adding any other kind of federal tax--whether it is called a sales tax, value added tax, or whatever--is just another way for the Congress to extract more money from us and not face the real problem--spending.
Swingem

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 05:39:28 AM »
I'd support a 25% sales tax if they'd eliminate income tax.  The poor need to pay taxes too.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 05:40:41 AM »
I'd support a 25% sales tax if they'd eliminate income tax.  The poor need to pay taxes too.

they pay tax when using food stamps ? :o

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 05:59:21 AM »
There is no sales tax on food in FL.  They should reduce food stamps by 25% a year until they are gone.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 06:03:17 AM »
TM7,

Yes, I do think the welfare parasites should "pay their fair share", if we cannot eliminate welfare checks.   They contribute nothing to the system and take from it.   A sales tax would make them ante up.

There are three economic classes in our society: the producers, the moochers, and the looters.   The producers are the ones that go to work, pay their taxes, and pay for their own healthcare by the sweat of their brow and the results thereof.  The looters (read politicians) confiscate increasing levels of money through progressive taxation based on personal income and redistribute to the moochers, which are the welfare parasites and take from the system without paying anything in.

Heather, I do agree with you in principle, but let us face reality....the 16th Amendment is not going to go away.   We cannot get the nation back into proper standing by cutting spending.  The government must have revenue for operations.  When you have 47% of the population not paying any income taxes (the primary source of federal funds), the tax base shrinks.   At that point, you must redistribute the tax burden to expand the base number of taxpayers.  That means redefining the means of taxation.   

The 9% corporate income tax is so companies will stay here in America and employ Americans.  The US currently has a 35% corporate income tax rate, Obama wants to increase that rate.  Companies and jobs will go to China and the USA will never see an economic recovery.   The 9% personal income tax rate will give working Americans more money in their pockets to purchase goods and services, creating more jobs for Americans.     The 9% sales tax expands the tax base to catch the welfare parasites and others who pay no taxes.

It may not be the best plan out there, but it is infintely better than anything Obummer can devise.   Mr. Cain wants to get this company back to its position of prestige in the world, and only a businessman knows how to accomplish that goal.

ST762

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 06:04:37 AM »
SHOOTALL,

The welfare parasites pay NO SALES TAX when they use food stamps, which is the EBT or SNAP card now.

ST762

Offline tattoo13

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 07:14:40 AM »

So, if 45 million live under the poverty level, and 47% of pop close to it, do you think they should pay taxes...?? I reckon you do and a sales tax would get blood from a stone...?

..TM7

You do realize that the lowest 48% starts at $44,999?
Do you really think almost $45k a year is poverty?  ???
Everyone should pay taxes. I understand if a family of 4 takes in $20,000 it is hard to expect much. At the same time I think part of the problem in this country is too many people not having any investment in the system, why should they care if the Federal Government wastes money when they don't pay into it?
It is easy to want to keep the entitlements rolling when it doesn't cost you a thing.

Offline SwampThing762

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 07:20:12 AM »
There is no sales tax on food in FL.  They should reduce food stamps by 25% a year until they are gone.

Swampman,

Good idea.   Ever thought of running for the Legislature?

ST762

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 07:39:17 AM »
Political brainwashing at it's best. Yes it is wrong, but there is nothing we can do about it so might as well get used to it. I am so grateful that I am still naive enough to believe that wrongs can be made right. What if women of the past thought that yeah it is wrong that women can't vote, but male ego's aren't going anywhere so oh well might as well get used to it. What if blacks in the 1900's had thought that slavery is wrong and unconstitutional, but oh well the white men will never develop a conscious, so oh well let's just live as slaves throughout eternity. Better yet what if our founders thought that the British taxing us excessively was wrong, but there was nothing they could do against the big bad British. WAKE UP PEOPLE! There is NOTHING about our Government or even our nation that WE THE PEOPLE can't change. There is a LOT more of us than them. I dont care if it takes an all out REVOLUTION. The only way for evil to persist if for good men to do nothing!!!!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »

Swampman,

Good idea.   Ever thought of running for the Legislature?

ST762
noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »
I guess I attended the wrong school. I thought slavery was abolished in the 1800s. Maybe a typo?

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 08:56:05 AM »
I guess I attended the wrong school. I thought slavery was abolished in the 1800s. Maybe a typo?
Of coarse you are correct. The validity of any argument is destroyed with incorrect facts, so I do apologize.
Heather

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
We are talking about symptoms of a sick economy . We should be talking about the cause. Taxing the corp. One simi condoctor company president said it cost a billion dollars more to build in the USA. Taxes were the main cost. Higher labor didn't even come close . These taxes are just to build . That's why alot of workers are not working.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
I'm in favor of Heathers all out REVOLUTION.  I really don't see anything getting fixed.
for instance, if Ron Paul were elected president, the stupid voters would vote for a democrat senator or representative for "balance".
revolution is the answer.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline hillbill

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 03:32:57 PM »

So, if 45 million live under the poverty level, and 47% of pop close to it, do you think they should pay taxes...?? I reckon you do and a sales tax would get blood from a stone...?

..TM7

You do realize that the lowest 48% starts at $44,999?
Do you really think almost $45k a year is poverty?  ???
Everyone should pay taxes. I understand if a family of 4 takes in $20,000 it is hard to expect much. At the same time I think part of the problem in this country is too many people not having any investment in the system, why should they care if the Federal Government wastes money when they don't pay into it?
It is easy to want to keep the entitlements rolling when it doesn't cost you a thing.
i guess im poverty stricken!i live way under 45k a year and pay plenty of taxes.you can ask the irs about that!i am totally in favor of a sales tax.i want the drug dealers, prostitutes,cash workers who are not claiming any income,layabouts who live off their parents, illegal immigrants, etc to pay the same as me.is that really to much to ask?i am sick of the old reliable middle income property owners with jobs footing the bill for everyone else.the wealthy already pay their fair share, they are business owners giving us jobs.if they dont open or expand new business where are we going to get jobs?

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
When you run outside to start the revolution, take time to look around. You dont want to fight a war by yourself.
 To many whores, bars, tv's, movies, and video games, to get involved with petty things like freedom.
Another thing to think about while you are standing there. They, yes they know that.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »
When you run outside to start the revolution, take time to look around. You dont want to fight a war by yourself.
 To many whores, bars, tv's, movies, and video games, to get involved with petty things like freedom.
Another thing to think about while you are standing there. They, yes they know that.
so, we just sit on our butts and let america die.   I'm ashamed that more don't care enough to save the USA.
when I think about it, the word "chicken" comes to mind.
I'm glad there wasn't so many "chickens" in 1776.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
I went to both tea party events in DC. You would have thought there would have been 200,000,000 there instead of 2 million which is debated but the truth is 2million plus.
I have a stack of THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES in front of me to hand out. I have seven left from a large box. 
I have put them in office buildings and before you leave they are throwed in the trash. They have been given to schools for study or just reading some teachers accepted them with great enthusiasm some would not have them in their rooms or accept them.
People dont care, lazy, afraid, or too busy with life.
The other side is winning we just hold the fox hole until they get to us.