Author Topic: Don Brown's Outdoor Adentures  (Read 651 times)

Offline skeeter!

• Trade Count: (0)
Don Brown's Outdoor Adentures
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:50:11 AM »
I just wanted to share this info not sure if anyone has used this guy or not I tried finding his license on the CA state license board and came up with nothing. I went on a combination hunt in Argentina for doves with this guide and red stagg with another outfitter who was great. But Don Brown in my eyes is a crook. Heres how or hunt went in March of 2011. There was 6 of us that went family and friends we bought the hunt for 4 days of dove hunting for $1850.00 a piece staying at a lodge meals encluded. Bought airfare through him separete and transportation. Don was going to go with us until he got a cold. We got flight insurence just incase something happened. Well we show up in Argentina don told us to wear his hats so the people who was picking us up would see us to take us to the lodge. No one was there! Thank God our other guide for the red stagg new one of our friends that went and told us he was going to be in town the same time we were taking some other clients hunting. He meet us at the airport police while we where getting our guns checked through what a relief. Because we had a hard time tring to comunicate and he has duel residence. So after calling Don 2 hours had past we end up paying for a ride to a hotel he said he would reimbuse us for. Next day we fly to another town where we got picked up all is good. We drive 2 hours to a motel where the owner and his guides meet us he tells us that he did not know we where coming until 2 days prier. whitch we paid in full months prier also says he has not received any money from Don yet! Then tells us we will have to stay at this motel because he is remodelling his lodge. He then asked about what we wanted to shoot 12 ga. or 20 ga. we told him we all brought are own guns that everyone had 20 ga. except one that had a 12ga. He got mad because Don never told him he didn't have that may 20 ga. shells and needed to send someone on a 8 hour drive that night to get them. Luckly the next morning went good and we didn't run out of shells that afternoon the driver for the shells made it back with plenty. That evening my dad ended up asking for a different room because of the cockrotches and for a bed that was longer so his feet didn't hang over the bed rail. every night we would have to go to a restraunt for dinner witch wasn't bad and the owner of the lodge picked up the tab for meals and the rooms atleast. The second day we got word that Don had sent the money so we where happey about that because we tried calling him and never got ahold of him. After the third day of dove hunting we decided we had had enough and would like to get a early flight back to start red atagg hunting which our other guide didn't have a problem with we told our guys that helped that we would still pay them there tips for the 4th day so they would'nt be shorted. They where happy that night we had a big dinner with the guides and then we found out that night that Don had shorted the owner $1,505.00 dollers that we had to pay before they would give us a ride back! So we did got to the airport and they dropped us off we cheeked everything in then found out the plane had a broken wind shield that we had to get on a buss for a 13 hour ride that sucked but we would get our money back through the insurence so we thought and hotel fees when we got to the next town. Still could not get ahold of Don just voice mail. The rest of the trip went good. We have talked to Don a couple of times he said he would repay us but didn't have the money yet that he needs to book some other hunts in order to pay us. And because he booked the air line tickets the insurence company gave him the money for the hotel and flight! Be very careful with this guy!               

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Don Brown's Outdoor Adentures
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:04:02 AM »
what a nightmare.  sadly there are a lot of crooks in the guiding buisness because hunters are willing to pay big money for their hunts.
maybe this post will cost him some clients.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye