Author Topic: White House Pressures Ford into pulling Ad  (Read 991 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
White House Pressures Ford into pulling Ad
« on: September 28, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »
The Detroit News reports that the White House pressured Ford into pulling a controversial ad, criticizing its use of bailout money.

http://nation.foxnews.com/obama-administration/2011/09/27/wh-pressures-ford-pull-bailout-ad

Is this censorship or what?  Your thoughts and comments on this.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Re: White House Pressures Ford into pulling Ad
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 01:27:32 PM »
Typical Liberal thuggary. The Obama administration is nothing more than a criminal enterprise.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »
I've always had good luck with Ford trucks and vans. So I don't have any reason to change. If I was Ford, I'ld run that ad twice as much. To bad they knuckled under. But they probably were warned about underhanded tactics that might come their way. So just eaking out another 14 months, without trouble. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »
Typical Liberal thuggary. The Obama administration is nothing more than a criminal enterprise.
Sadly, I think you believe that BS.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »
would you like a list of his illegal activity.  it includes murder.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »

Quote from: Cabin4 on Today at 05:27:32 PM
     Cabin4 is not the only one that believes it.  That list is growing daily, while the list of koolaid sippers that actually believe that Obama is capable of doing anything right or honest shrinks even faster.  I sometimes feel sorry for the feeble minded. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 03:24:33 PM »
Wonder what the illegal kenyan threatened them with?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:28:31 PM »

The only thing that’s sad is your continued indefensible defense of a criminal administration. Don't worry, continue to give it your best but you'll be out of the obama defense business in Jan 2013.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 05:26:08 PM »
They probaly told them they would not give them any more bail out money.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:44:19 PM »
Ford did not take any bail out money and they have made a point about that very loud. Obama hates it when a company can make it without his or direct government intervention. There's no question is my mind that the thugs in the white house found a way to directly threaten Ford into stop making this point.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »
They probaly told them they would not give them any more bail out money.

Ford never took any. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »
 I believe a big reason Ford has done well the last few years compared to GM & Chrysler is the bailout $$ & politics. I have a 2003 & 2006 GM vehicle, don't plan to buy another.
NRA, Veteran

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
Yup.  Ford is indeed a truly American company....self-sufficient and stands up for itself.  I guess Obummer is not done with his "fairness doctrine"; just found another way to put into practice.

St762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 09:00:03 PM »

My mistake, I thought ford had received bail out money. fords ceo backed the bailout.

In December 2008, the Big 3 auto companies asked the government for a $34 billion bailout to avoid bankruptcy. The Big 3 stated that their demise would trigger 3 million layoffs within a year, plunging the economy further into recession.

In January 2009, the government used $24.9 billion of the $700 billion bailout fund to bail out two of the Big 3 :

Ford's Bailout Proposal

Ford requested a $9 billion line-of-credit from the government, and a $5 billion loan from the Energy Department. Ford pledged to accelerate development of both hybrid and battery-powered vehicles, retool plants to increase production of smaller cars, close dealerships, and sell Volvo. Ford is in better shape than GM or Chrysler because it had already mortgaged its assets in 2006 to raise $24.5 billion. Although Ford didn't need, and didn't receive any funds, it also didn't want its competition to get the upper hand thanks to the government bailout.

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:30 AM »
I think it's pretty simple what Ford could be threatened with.  The federal government has a huge stable of motor vehicles and probably buys new ones every year.  Ford is in the business of building and selling motor vehicles to government agencies as well as private individuals.
Swingem

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 04:12:04 AM »

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »
Maybe this will help.

Michelle Malkin - NY POST, 9/29/11
Throughout his frenetic jobs tour across the West this week, President Obama tried to seize the narrative. Republicans, he told champagne-sipping Hollywood moguls and tech titans, are intolerant bigots, know-nothings and thugs. They’ve made his hair “grayer” and left him “all dinged up.”
But who’s battering whom? Since Day One, Obama has been the Chicago bully in victim’s clothing. The mask is wearing thin.
On Tuesday, Detroit News reporter Daniel Howes reported that White House officials leaned on Ford Motor Co. to yank a popular TV and Internet ad critical of competitors who took federal bailout money.
       According to Howes, “Ford pulled the ad after individuals inside the White House” questioned CEO Alan Mulally. Howes concluded: “You’re not allowed, in Obama’s America, to disparage the auto bailout, or -- indirectly -- Obama. Especially during the election cycle.”
Both Ford and the White House officially deny any political pressure received or applied. But White House press flack Dan Pfeiffer refused to answer when I asked him whether anyone at the White House had ever contacted anyone at Ford to complain about the bailout ad.
Chris McDaniel, the real-life Ford customer who starred in the offending ad, told BigGovernment.com editor Larry O’Connor that he was exasperated when he heard about the Ford fiasco: “Now we have the federal government butting their nose into this TV ad. Another example of them getting involved in things they have no business getting involved in. Where is the free speech of American citizens?”
A left-wing Washington Post writer immediately scoffed at concerns about the administration’s heavy hand because the Ford fiasco “is being denied by the parties on both sides.” Must be nice to mainline White House talking points for a living. For the rest of us, reality intrudes.
This is the administration that pummeled companies such as Deere, Caterpillar, Verizon and AT&T for speaking out about the cost implications and financial burdens of ObamaCare -- and then cheered from the sidelines while Democratic Rep. Henry Waxman attempted to haul the firms up for a congressional witch-hunt inquisition.
This is the administration that has seized Gibson Guitars’ instruments and has threatened whistleblowers who exposed bloody corruption and incompetence behind the Operation Fast and Furious gun-walking racket.
And lest they need a reminder, this is an administration that has clamped down on mainstream media reporters, too.
* The Pleasanton (Calif.) Weekly was bullied by the White House press shop over a benign article that irked the administration because it made Michelle Obama look snooty.
* The San Francisco Chronicle was punished by the White House because a print pool reporter used a cellphone to record video of protesters at an Obama Bay Area fund-raiser.
* A WFAA-TV Texas reporter was dressed down by the president for having the audacity to interrupt.
* The Boston Herald was spanked by the White House for running a front-page op-ed by GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
The White House denied any pressure in all those cases, too.
Before his campaign finance-grubbing swing ended, Obama met the pop singer Lady Gaga. She lobbied him to combat bullying across America. It was a little like Red Riding Hood lobbying the Big Bad Wolf to promote vegetarianism.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 07:57:50 AM »
Ford did not take any bail out money and they have made a point about that very loud. Obama hates it when a company can make it without his or direct government intervention. There's no question is my mind that the thugs in the white house found a way to directly threaten Ford into stop making this point.

stop the ad or face an IRS audit every year from now on .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Hooker

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 08:49:06 AM »
How do you expect to fight WW3 with out preservation of American heavy industry of some sort....from China 8,000 miles away?

You think Japan would let Toyota or Mashuishita Industries fail?
You think Germany would let VW or Mercedez fail?
Would Italy let Fiat fail..?
Would Korea let Hyundai fail...?

..TM7

Not the same thing. The government with it's policies and pandering are more to blame for the failings of our manufacturing, than the idiot business practices these companies  employ. On one hand the government works relentlessly to destroy businesses in this country then gives them corporate welfare as a life line. What needs to fail is this system that has become the government and when it dies it needs to be  tag " Do Not Resuscitate "
With the government out of the way U.S. businesses will have to sink or swim on their own this will make the ones that survive much stronger and better companies because of it . What most do not understand is that when government tries to help or influence the economy it does more harm than good. There is no government influence that will fix economic problems period. If the government had stayed out of the bailout business and and cleaned up the tax code at the start of this down turn we would be through it by now. The economic landscape would most likely look a lot different but it would much stronger and in better shape to face future economic bumps.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »
Corporations whining is a result of them being poked with a stick all day long by Washington. All they can do is whine.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 11:46:31 AM »
corps wouldn't whine if every time they got set up to do business the rules got changed .

Offline Hooker

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
It really is a combination of all those things.
We have all the ingredients for failure.
 An over reaching government.
Government that is hostile to private industry.
A government that would rather make trade treaties and form trade unions with other countries than protect our domestic trade and businesses.
A government that removed laws that actually protect our economy from bottom feeding speculators.
A government that would rather artificially prop up our economy and put our nation at risk.
Corporations addicted to hand outs.
Greedy corporations many of whom make big profits off of the economic chaos.
American businesses that struggle to survive under ever increasing and changing regulation and taxes.
A population of which is comprised mostly knot heads who think that the government can fix this.

All of these ingredients came be traced back to a government that is more concerned with political power than its Constitutional duties.
A government that has become so perverted from what it is suppose to be that every act it takes is an act of treason. What's worse than that ? We the People by our support of this perverse government are just as guilty of treason.
How bad is it? We could take the Declaration of Independence and change only the signatures at the bottom of the page send it to this current government and every line would be as significant and fitting today as it was originally. The charges against King George are no different that what this government guilty of.

We attempt to spread blame or explain it away but when you follow the trail to the end you will find a self serving government ruling over a lazy people .

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 03:15:54 AM »
Some in America are ashamed we are powerful. They may very well be the same that don't want to own guns. They fear having to use power to defend themselves. These folks want America to look like a sheep. They wish to "share" in the misery of the rest of the world. They rank fair as the most important concept. They are arrogant enough to think the rest of the world wishes to be like them. They are so arrogrant they think they are right and those not agreeing are stupid. They hold back America as to let the rest of the world catch up when in fact the rest of the world is passing by and laughing at America.
 Its time those who wish America to remain a super power and retain American money as the exchange used world wild to vote in good leaders and boot the arrogrant libs out .