Author Topic: Iranian Christian scheduled for execution..  (Read 3440 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Iranian Christian scheduled for execution..
« on: September 29, 2011, 05:03:30 AM »
   A Christian pastor inm Iran is scheduled to be executed today...for believing in Christ..  Here is a man who some say, never was anything but a Christian, but since he won't recant his faith he is scheduled to die.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/28/iranian-pastor-faces-execution-for-refusing-to-recant-christian-faith/
    With international lawyers' intervention, it is possible his life may just be spared.  Still, even life imprisonment doesn't seem a fitting treatmenof a man and his family...simply because of his/their faith.
  Perhaps some of the Muslim apologists can find some parallel cases going on here (in the big satan) or in Israel (the little satan), where a pastor is threatened with execution for his faith.  If you Muslim apologists can..please post links..

Obama used the state dept to secure the release of the hikers from Iran. He even followed through, thanking Oman, the Swiss and others for their assistance.  Even his old chum, Hugo Chavez intervened for the hikers.
   http://news.ebruafrica.com/europe/heading-europe/obama-welcomes-release-of-us-hikers-as-they-arrive-in-oman

Perhaps Hillary will put her state department directly to work, trying to obtain his pardon/release.  Shall we hold our breath while B Hussein Obama expedites the release of this wrongly convicted pastor ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Iranian Christian scheduled for execution..
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 05:23:45 AM »
his execution will make one less Christian for the colored boy in the whitehouse to worry about.
as a colored, he hates whites.  as a muslim, he hates Christians.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:34:32 AM »
 Bugeye;
   Perhaps the state dept will get involved..John Boehner and the ACLJ are both hot on the case. We can hope, I guess.
   I can't really agree with the 'colored' statement above..we conservatives have a couple excellent representatives in Herman Cain and Allen West...among many others.
  Herman Cain says much of the African-American population has been 'brainwashed' by the liberal-progressives..but not all, for sure !  He expects about 30% have gotten the message..and are looking toward conservatism..the long time watchdog of freedom..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »
Peace, love and tolerance ?? Not from the devils own there isn't. Jesus scares them because they know he is far more powerful than their master satan. Murdering non muslims is ordered in satans roadmap to hell, uuuuhhhhh, errrrr, I mean koran. We have prayed for thay man, may God richly bless him and all other in that god foresaken land. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 08:24:28 AM »
IG, you'll see two different types come from my keyboard.  blacks are the people who I like and respect.  colored is for obama, sharpton, jackson and others who should be removed from the gene pool.   mexicans are all those who need to be removed from the country. Latinos are those who are here legally.
I'm not racist, I adopted a baby of "color".  we tried to adopt black sisters before that but DFCS wanted a black family.
I call people names based on their own attitudes and actions.
my wife has told me that I can be an arrogant jerk, but I learned at the knee of a wonderful grandma to call'em like I see'em.

Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline DDZ

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »
I guess the hikers had an excuse. They were some of the highly intelligent type, that were schooled at Berkeley, where evidently their common sense was extracted.

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 11:45:51 AM »
Exactly what was that man's crime?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »
The Muslims just can't have someone professing Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour. Over there, that is grounds for having your head taken off. What a bunch of peaceful people they must be. I think I did hear somewhere that Islam is the religion of peace. I guess their definition of peace must be different then ours.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
  Bugeye;
  Guess I misunderstood you bit of irony there..sorry..

Scatter;
   According to the article, it is clearly because he will not renounce Jesus Christ.  Some say he was once a muslim..otherts disagree.  I assume that in Muslim theology, if he were once a muslim and then met the real God and chose to follow Him..that's enough justification to kill the man.
   Just a little foretaste of the great tribulation... :'(

Offline DDZ

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 01:05:12 PM »
Exactly what was that man's crime?

But apparently, the Iranians believe in capital punishment like most here do... ???

..TM7

Yes most do believe in capital punishment for murder. If you are in a Muslim country I'd be careful of jay walking though.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »
  If a Muslim converts to Christianity, they are given 3 opportunities to renounce Christ. Refusing the third time is death by hanging. This man was never Muslim, so to execute him might be a violation of their own laws. He is a pastor so maybe they want to kill him for preaching to Muslims.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »
  Lost farmboy;

Your signature line;

" A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people".   John F. Kennedy

That goes for religions also.....

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »
  Lost farmboy;

Your signature line;

" A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people".   John F. Kennedy

amen
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »
  Lost farmboy;

Your signature line;

Ironglow I couldn't agree more.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
Bugeye, Farmboy;

I believe that is a hallmark of Scriptural, free-will Christians..let us compete in the marketplace of ideas..and that includes competing with the athiests also...
  Problem is, a certain large portion of the atheists don't want the competition, they want to shut Christianity out of the public discourse.

..Same as Islam and for the same reason.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 06:16:22 AM »
My understanding was that the man was a Muslim and converted. He was referred to as preacher not an Imam in the past.
Preachers presumably will try to convert. That is illegal in Iran, he knew it and the punishment it would garnish. Different Land different Rules, break them at your peril.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 07:54:54 AM »
I think the best he can hope for is a lashing that will remind him a lifetime NOT to break the law.

For those they think this is a harsh law let me remind you of a Pillar from the English Common Law which is entrenched in mine and your countries legal premises

"Ignorance of the Law is no Excuse for Breaking the Law"   Now that to me is beyond being ridiculous.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 08:00:24 AM »
  Perhaps we could arrange a trade..   All the committed Muslims here for all the comitted Christians they have.. the only caveat being that when the Christians arrive here and the Muslims arrive there ..they all stay in place, and don't go back.. ;)

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 02:42:45 AM »
I think the best he can hope for is a lashing that will remind him a lifetime NOT to break the law.

For those they think this is a harsh law let me remind you of a Pillar from the English Common Law which is entrenched in mine and your countries legal premises

"Ignorance of the Law is no Excuse for Breaking the Law"   Now that to me is beyond being ridiculous.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. But I believe God's laws are higher than man's anti-God laws.

Offline powderman

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 04:45:36 AM »
  Perhaps we could arrange a trade..   All the committed Muslims here for all the comitted Christians they have.. the only caveat being that when the Christians arrive here and the Muslims arrive there ..they all stay in place, and don't go back.. ;)

IRONGLOW. Agreed Sir, I have several in mind. Anybody heard what those scum did with him?? POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline magooch

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 06:19:24 AM »
I have to wonder how bright the pastor is to cling to his religious principles and pay for it with his life.  His first priority should be to save himself and worry about the details later on.  He has nothing to gain by being a martyr.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 06:20:30 AM »

I have no idea what you are trying to say. But I believe God's laws are higher than man's anti-God laws.

OK IMO being convicted by breaking a law without being aware that there is such as law to me is about as strict(Draconian) and ridiculous as you can get, yet is part of today's laws in the US, Canada and probably the rest of Commonwealth countries.

Then there is a Napoleons version( Mexico) were you need to proof your Innocence rather then the State prove your Guilt. That by the way is applicable in the US&Canada with violations of Fish and Game disputes if I got it correctly. It may also apply in cases dealing with Customs.

I reply to the last part of your post.
It boils down to whether or not the Jurisprudence in which you reside has the same opinion of what/ who is God. In a Muslim country it isn't the same God as yours regardless of whose God is real or not.

A poor example would be on which side of the road you are legally expected to drive. The right side is correct for most countries, however don't try it in the UK or Japan for starters. 

In a number of countries it is fine to kiss your wife in public, in some it would be in poor taste and in others it would cause you to be arrested.

Somewhat humorous. It is legal to spit in Singapore as long as it it done LOUDLY  ::) 

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »
My understanding was that the man was a Muslim and converted. He was referred to as preacher not an Imam in the past.
Preachers presumably will try to convert. That is illegal in Iran, he knew it and the punishment it would garnish. Different Land different Rules, break them at your peril.

You don't find it a bit barbaric for the punishment for a non-violent crime like this to be death?  Different lands / different rules is one thing, basic human rights is another thing entirely.  In my opinion, this crosses the line.

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline JustaShooter

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 08:31:15 AM »

Wasn't too long ago that Christians were doing the same thing to pagans or other religions  except on a much grander large scale...

Hopefully, the iranians will just expell the the preacher, commute his sentence...afterall they let the 'hikers' go... ::) ;)

..TM7

It's been more than 700 years since the Crusades, and over 500 since the Spanish Inquisition (both abominable abuses of power by people who falsely professed Christianity and deceived many).  I'd call that more than "wasn't too long ago".

Bottom line, we have progressed as a civilization since then, while they are still stuck in the dark ages - at least as far as their laws about religion, women's rights and basic human rights are concerned.

Just a Shooter
NRA Life Member

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »
  TM questions western values as oposed to muslim values;
   " What about the Conquest of the Americas?.. and the slave trade...?  The salem witch hunts....?   The current GWOT..?
Progress is the most misused word in the English language"
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  Let's go, point by point;

1) What about the conquest of America.. 
  We were about on par with most civilizations..the Aryans moving west from Asia, the Celts spreading over western Europe, The Angles and Saxons pushing the Britons and  the Normans kicking butt on the Anglo-Saxons.  The stronger takes the weaker..even if the weaker do fight back.  A normal human story.
 2)The slave trade, evil thing, no excuse, but there are a couple redeeming features;

*** .A) the descendants of those of African heritage who survived, are generally doing much better than those who stayed in Africa
  *** B) THough costly to the nation, we did a painful "self cleaning" about 150 years ago...while the Islamic nations seem tro give wholesale approval to the practice.

3) Salem witch hunts....A small contingent in Salem Mass, came down like thunder on a largely defensless group.  They wouldn't have gotten away with this in  The United States of America, with it's constitution.  But of course, this misapplication of justice was applied under George III...(circa 1692)

4) GWOT..initials I avoid.. doesn't need nuch much clarification.
  I agree, progress is a much maligned word and often constitutes a lie, especially as applied by those who refer to themselves as "progressives"..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »
  TM questions western values as oposed to muslim values;
   " What about the Conquest of the Americas?.. and the slave trade...?  The salem witch hunts....?   The current GWOT..?
Progress is the most misused word in the English language"
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  Let's go, point by point;

1) What about the conquest of America.. 
  We were about on par with most civilizations..the Aryans moving west from Asia, the Celts spreading over western Europe, The Angles and Saxons pushing the Britons and  the Normans kicking butt on the Anglo-Saxons.  The stronger takes the weaker..even if the weaker do fight back.  A normal human story. Social Darwinism evolutionary theory...Conquest of Americs was primarily about Christian Conquest and conversion by the Sword.... ::)
   Wrong!   Simply an expansive, more technically advanced culture meeting a primitive culture..
 2)The slave trade, evil thing, no excuse, but there are a couple redeeming features;

*** .A) the descendants of those of African heritage who survived, are generally doing much better than those who stayed in Africa Bachmann Theory...slavery is actually good,,,people liked it and are actually better off for it... ::)
    Entirely false!  Nothing of the sort by said Bachmann.  Show us a link from a CREDIBLE siurce..
  *** B) THough costly to the nation, we did a painful "self cleaning" about 150 years ago...while the Islamic nations seem tro give wholesale approval to the practice.
Slavery is still a live and well...replaced by debt slavery, Dueteronmy meloirated slavery... ::)
  You are dodging key facts AGAIN!  Genuine slavery was abolished in the US nearly a century and a half ago...at the cost of many American lives.  Islam still practices GENUINE slavery...at the cost of many other's lives.

3) Salem witch hunts....A small contingent in Salem Mass, came down like thunder on a largely defensless group.  They wouldn't have gotten away with this in  The United States of America, with it's constitution.  But of course, this misapplication of justice was applied under George III...(circa 1692)
One of many examples (alleged) Christian intolerance...quite similar to moslem intolerance.
    Pure puffery!  A small, misled group, not practicing the Bible did damage and has been excoriated by real Christianms since that day...  Islam has perpetrated nearly 18,000 terrorist attacks in just the  last ten years..there has been NO widespread  excoriation and condemnation of these murders by Islam in general.

4) GWOT..initials I avoid.. doesn't need nuch much clarification.
GWOT is a thoroughly contrived judaeo-Christian Perpetual war of religious rivalry...examples in these forums every day.
  How about the RTGH, BNJL, VFTR and KOLH..to say nothing about the  &^$#@,  _*(^$  or the  %#*#  ?
  I agree, progress is a much maligned word and often constitutes a lie, especially as applied by those who refer to themselves as "progressives"....agreed....and self-styled conservatives....
.....TM7
     Surely "progress" is not 17,000+ acts of terror, nor is it 300 communist idiots, trying to disrupt normal life & business on Wall street...nor is it a few select buffoons who live in the USA and then castigate and besmirch it every chance thay get !   

[/quote]

Offline JustaShooter

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 05:16:02 PM »

Wasn't too long ago that Christians were doing the same thing to pagans or other religions  except on a much grander large scale...

Hopefully, the iranians will just expell the the preacher, commute his sentence...afterall they let the 'hikers' go... ::) ;)

..TM7

It's been more than 700 years since the Crusades, and over 500 since the Spanish Inquisition (both abominable abuses of power by people who falsely professed Christianity and deceived many).  I'd call that more than "wasn't too long ago".

Bottom line, we have progressed as a civilization since then, while they are still stuck in the dark ages - at least as far as their laws about religion, women's rights and basic human rights are concerned.

Just a Shooter

What about the Conquest of the Americas?.. and the slave trade...?  The salem witch hunts....?   The current GWOT..?
Progress is the most misused word in the English language.

..TM7

On the one hand, none of those were anything like the law being discussed (convert or die / renounce your conversion or die), and as has already been said, that kind of law would never be accepted in a modern civilized society.  And you know this, but as usual the trolling lines are out behind the boat seeing who will bite.

On the other hand, seems like you are defending that level of barbarism in the law.  Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.  If I were someone else, this would be where I'd call you a name and follow it with an emoticon, but that would be wrong...

Just Sayin'

Just a Shooter
NRA Life Member

Offline powderman

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »
And as usual this is purposely being turned into a, Christians were just as bad 700 years ago, instead of the threat of death for a Christian man by followers of satan TODAY. The threat from this cancer, islam, is worldwide. They waged war against humanity in 20 nations during rummydum this year. No wonder it's call a global war on islam, or GWOI. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
I'm not sure what the read is here. Are the muzzie lovers in favor of the death penalty for this Iranian Christian or not?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
Over 397 Christians are missing in Iran. Hard to believe we have people on this forum who defend the murder of Christians as being OK. Only a very poor knowledge of history would justify these murders because of the Salem Witch Trials. Where is the Liberal argument that man has progressed and we should all accept the modern changes?  Liberals only apply forgiveness to their followers. That is how Islam works as well.