Author Topic: An important video to watch: NYPD Inspector assault peaceful protestors  (Read 3060 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: An important video to watch: NYPD Inspector assault peaceful protestors
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »
YT - Pray tell, how do you know that none of the above things highlighted in your post were not done?
The folks involved say there were not given any medical assistance. The LEO who does the macing walks off. None of the women depicted were arrested at that time (one was a while later in a diff area, unrelated).
     Since you seem to know, that the above things "were not done", I guess you also know that NYPD has department assigned officers video taping the demonstrators, to assist them in identifying those demonstrators that were behaving in a tumultuous manner.  So if you really want film of the incident prior to the demonstrators being pepper sprayed, I suggest that you contact the NYPD video unit.
Yes, they're seen in the video clips doing filming of their own, gathering evidence to be used to prosecute.
BTW, Lots of luck.
You're thinking that the NYPD wouldn't be very forthcoming in sharing the video they shot?

Well, I posted a video of the ladies being pepper sprayed. Most here seem to have not problem with it. Very instructive.
In regards to the above statements:
"The folks involved" - seems like a he said, she said situation. :P

"one was "arrested" a while later in a different area, unrelated" - Hmmmm..... Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire.  Don't you think she might have done something? Nah! you wouldn't.  ::)

"gathering evidence to be used to prosecute" - Yup! Yes! Absolutely!

"You're thinking that the NYPD wouldn't be very forthcoming in sharing the video they shot?" - Think about it, why would they help you, when your trying your best to defame them?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 03:25:15 AM »
at least it wasnt a glock 17 or a beanbag round if a LEO tell you to move back then move back. No im not siding with them but it could have been alot worse. The people acted like they have been shot get a bottle of water and flush your eyes out. That is why i stay away from large crowd or public places get what you need from town and go home. And before anyone says anything i have been sprayed (3) times DIRECTLY (thanks depatrtment of corrections) not this i was in a crowd stuff! so i know exactly what it feels like.

Offline moolfson

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 04:31:24 AM »
. Obama has set up an SS style web reporting page. You can report anyone who Attacks Obama. This is ignored by these freedom protecting left wingers. ::)

Link please.
Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjálfr et sama;
ek veit einn,
at aldri deyr:
 dómr um dauðan hvern.

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 04:49:45 AM »
  Well, a week or so has gone by since the spraying in question.  Do we have any new information to flesh out the details and prove either side's point?

My first reaction to seeing it when it came out was that it certainly looked bad for the NYPD.  The use of force (in this case pepper spray) is generally confined to actions taken in the course of taking someone into custody,  What little we saw sure looked like a walk up-spray in the face- and walk off.  Sort of a "F- you" with pepper spray.  But I know full well that a youtube clip is by definition not the whole story.  I also know that protesters aften use 'Gotcha!" set ups to create images to plaster all over the news.  This may be just such a set up, or it may be an abusive SOB with a badge and the instant benefit of the doubt that it brings.  I have been hoping that either the police would discipline a bad cop or that a provocoteur would be revealed.  I haven't been combing the news, but neither has been forthcoming.

Am I asking too much that something should have come out so soon, or what?

On a side note, it's instructive that some people immediately declare any who criticise what is a pretty damning image as being anti-American and immediately declare that if the police did it it must have been done within the context of reasonable use of pepper spray.  Others immediately point to an internet vidio (reliable source, youtube.  Really?) as proof that we are all living under tyrany.  We all bring our prejuduces into any observation, and we all reveal them.  Maybe the cop in question acted within the law.  Maybe not.  Maybe this is evidence of an escalation of authoritarianism.  Maybe not.  For now it's a developing news story.  In my opinion, there isn't enough evidence to really make a conclusion yet.  That's my two cents.

If this is an abuse of police power I'll be all over it screaming for the bastard's conviction.  Police are treated differently that 'civilians' for the same crimes.  That's a fact.  I hate corruption under the color and authority of the law more than any other sort of crime.  Power corrupts, if this man's power lets him casually use violence against others he must be stopped.  At the same time, I hate the BS games of manipulation played by the Leftists.  Michael Moor is bent on destroying all I believe in and the tactics then employ have to be recognised.  Which is the case here? I'm dying to find out.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 05:40:12 AM »
The reason she was pepper sprayed is that she had been spitting on the police. In most jurisdictions this is a felony. I am still thinking this is bologna.

This is a red herring insertion....Demonsrartors weren't assaulting anybody...they planned to be there for a long occupation. Cops started the ruckus, not the women...lots of cameras everywhere. Perhaps Bloomberg/Kelly wanted to break up the 'occupation' and there was a FDNY marathon scheduled for the area, too.

OSRanger...take it up with the moderators big guy...

..TM7
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? - What little man?  Calling for help from daddy? :o

Like I said, take it up with the Mods big guy,,,they have kindly asked me to not pick on the infirm....TM7

Boy, is that funny!  ;D ;D Too bad your not the moderator on this forum right?  Then you could take your ball and go home.  :o ;D ;D ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 06:19:41 AM »
Don't have to, I proved my point.   ;D
You delete posts when your proven to be shoveling cow manure.  So with that, you can post all the nonsense you want, on this post.  I'll just go read a book.  ::)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 06:26:44 AM »
It is kind of funny how angry some get when you point out that this little video was not the whole context of this. It appears that it is upsetting that when the truth, " these parasites were spitting on the police" came out. THey immediatly get angry because their agenda is compromised.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 07:00:52 AM »
Bologna! Do your research TM the women spit on the police, thus were pepper sprayed. So did you witness the pepper spraying, and the spitting or just the spraying?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
As I said TM did you witness the pepper spraying?

Do your research onm the spitting it is right there for you. The spitting portion does not fit the agenda you support so you call it a red herring, when it is the truth and being you say you support the truth, do not deny when faced with a truth that does not fit your ideals.

Now you post a video of people spitting that is completly out of context to this subject because you are trying to deflect from the truth.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 08:36:04 AM »
There's alot of posting/information here supporting that the women had been spitting at the cops prior to the pepper spraying. I have not looked into this apsect but I'll say that spitting at cops is not a smart thing for protesters to do. It usually ends up with a situation like we have. Anger is high and people protesting are usually angry about something. While I'll be the fisrt to say that cops often step over the "line", it usually is becasue they are provoked in some way. Not to say them stepping over is always justified but if spit on, that is justification for what happened.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 09:27:55 AM »
Here's Tony Baloney in slow mo.  Watch the one girl spit with her hand over her mouth :o
[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/bRc7t6gRkhE[/embed]
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
Oh wait, Tony Baloney isn't done for the day!

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/gcl9mQPC-Xo[/embed]
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 09:34:10 AM »
Does anyone know what the following is from?

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.
They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.
They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.
They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »
Tony Baloney simulcast

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/Pf6m_w7K8XM[/embed]

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:27 AM »
Possible repercussions??????????

This Second Wall Street Pepper-Spray Video Has Prompted An NYPD Probe

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-09-29/wall_street/30216854_1_pepper-spray-nypd-probe-tony-baloney#ixzz1ZYegpx7I

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »
. Obama has set up an SS style web reporting page. You can report anyone who Attacks Obama. This is ignored by these freedom protecting left wingers. ::)

Link please.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  Here's Obama's "snitch" link !
    http://www.attackwatch.com/?source=OM2012_LB_G_attackwatch-search_ob-attackwatch
     What's wrong with it ? ..Castro, Chavez, Hitler, Mao and Stalin have done the same the same.. ;)   :D   ;D

Guess it's rather harmless though...they expect suckers to sit around and read their attacks on others..
   Only problem..site managers seem to consider "truth" to be a relative statement... ;)   ;D 
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »
A history of such actions???????

Anthony Bologna of NYPD Part of Long History of Police Brutality, Cover-Ups        

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/222251/20110929/anthony-bologna-nypd.htm

No wonder people keep spitting on him!  8) :) ;) :D ;D :P :-* :-* :-*

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
Does anyone know what the following is from?

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.
They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.
They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.
They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *

These are the stated objectives of the Occupy Wall Street organizers. Took it right off thier web site.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline moolfson

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »
Hrm. I though you meant a site run by an actual government agency, in which you could report enemies of the state to have them murdered.  Not the same old ridiculous election year garbage that all the politicians get up to. With the reference to the SS, I must have misunderstood. My bad. Sorry. :-X

Thanks for getting back to me with the link!
Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjálfr et sama;
ek veit einn,
at aldri deyr:
 dómr um dauðan hvern.

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2011, 02:06:54 AM »
Bologna! Do your research TM the women spit on the police, thus were pepper sprayed.....

It is certainly an arrestable offense to spit on the police.  If she did so, he should have arrested her.

The problem arises if he sprayed her but did not try to arrest her.  If that's what happened, he was in the wrong.  A police officer doesn't have a right to punish a criminal.  He can't just say "this person spit on me, so I'll pepper spray them and call it even."  It's not their right to decide what punishment should be then administer it, even if he is the victim of their crime.  He can't just kick ass, even if they 'have it coming'.  That is a power the police must never have as a mater of principal.

That's the whole issue in debate, as I see it.  Using force to arrest someone is 'fair ball'.  Using force to 'get even' or to administer punishment is not.  That would be breaking the law.  If she broke the law she should be arrested.  If he broke the law he should be arrested and should not be in the position to enforce the law in the future.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2011, 02:19:40 AM »
  One thing not being mentioned here;

How about the rights of people who are not involved with either Wall street or the protesters, but simply wants to go about their own business...unhindered and unmolested ?  What about their rights ?  They should be considered first of all, since they are not messing with anybody else. Whoever selfishly and illegally bolcks their right of commerce, be they Wall st employees or protesters..should be arrested,

Common sense should tell them that intentionally blocking such commerce and thousands of other people's travel, will and should result in an arrest and fine.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/223260/20111001/occupy-wall-street-protest-march-brooklyn-bridge-nypd-arrests.htm?cid=2
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2011, 04:14:28 AM »
Bologna! Do your research TM the women spit on the police, thus were pepper sprayed.....
It is certainly an arrestable offense to spit on the police.  If she did so, he should have arrested her.
It would be, but they were not arrested for that offense, and haven't been accused of it, except by people who hope to excuse Deputy Inspector Bologna's cruel actions.

The problem arises if he sprayed her but did not try to arrest her.  If that's what happened, he was in the wrong.  A police officer doesn't have a right to punish a criminal.  He can't just say "this person spit on me, so I'll pepper spray them and call it even."  It's not their right to decide what punishment should be then administer it, even if he is the victim of their crime.  He can't just kick ass, even if they 'have it coming'.  That is a power the police must never have as a mater of principal.

jlwilliams gets it, the point of the original post.

That's the whole issue in debate, as I see it.  Using force to arrest someone is 'fair ball'.  Using force to 'get even' or to administer punishment is not.  That would be breaking the law.  If she broke the law she should be arrested.  If he broke the law he should be arrested and should not be in the position to enforce the law in the future.

Agreed,  but it is very unlikely to happen. We'll see. In the LE business, all too often... laws are for thee, and not for me!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2011, 05:33:32 AM »
So I do think many of these things on the Wall Street gripe list are legitiamte issues. I just think they are blaming the wrong entity in many cases. Some of the things on the list are dumb, like claiming a College Education is a "Human Right" , the part about health care and the other line about animal rights. There are more but these are couple good ones and what the heck do these have to do with Wall Street anyway?.......
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 05:54:01 AM »
They are wasting thier time on Wall Street. The root of the real problem is in Washington.

And I think this is all just a pure and very clever political ploy by the organizers to deflect the real blame of our countries ills and the failed policies of this current administration on Wall Street. The real motive here is to deflect the root cause away from Obama, the Liberlas, democrats and put it on Wall Street because then the media will connect it to the Republicans.

Thats what the real strategy is here. Its all election year blame game strategy. Who are the real organizers of this group? Where is the money coming from?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2011, 05:55:38 AM »
They are wasting thier time on Wall Street. The root of the real problem is in Washington.

I think Cabin may be onto something, here...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2011, 06:19:19 AM »
If they own Washington it’s because Washington allows it. Someone(s) will always own Washington based on the current political fund raising laws. Those laws are written in Washington. You cannot stop a fund giver by protesting on their door step. There are too many of them and "Wall Street" is to ambiguous a target.

In any case, I think it’s all a very political maneuver to deflect attention away from the real current problem, OBAMA.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3