Author Topic: Been here illegally 19 years, boot her out. WAAAAAHHHHH.  (Read 1611 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Been here illegally 19 years, boot her out. WAAAAAHHHHH.
« on: September 29, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »
  Deportation would force 19-year-old and mom to leave ‘everything I know’, including dad and siblings     By New York Daily News  By New York Daily News | Local New York – 7 hrs ago   
  NY Daily News

Erica Pearson, DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Nadia Habib packs in her Queens home. (Photos by David Handschuh/NYDN)

Her suitcase is packed, but a Queens teen facing deportation Thursday spent what could be her last hours in America hoping she doesn't have to go.
"I know it's real," said Nadia Habib, 19, a Stony Brook University junior and Bronx High School of Science grad who came to the U.S. as a baby.
"It's been really hectic and nerve-racking with my family," she said. "The past three weeks I feel like I've had to grow up a lot."
Habib was set to report with her mom, Nazmin, to Federal Plaza by 11 a.m. this morning to be deported to Bangladesh, leaving behind her dad, a green card holder, and her three siblings, who were born here and are U.S. citizens.
"I could be literally leaving everything I know," Habib said. "Leaving would mean being separated from my brothers, my baby sister and my Dad."
She and her mother each can bring just one piece of luggage, weighing only 50 pounds.

"I've always considered myself as American as anyone else," said Nadia Habib.
"There's no way I can fit everything," said Habib, who said she just threw in some clothes and shoes - finding it impossible to pack up her whole life to go to a country she never knew. She doesn't even speak Bengali.
"I've always considered myself as American as anyone else," she said.
The family's Woodside home was full of neighborhood friends, trying to calm her mother and praying that the two will be able to stay.
"I have never seen her [my mom] crying so much as in this past week," Habib said.
More images at NY Daily News online >
For a decade, Habib's mom has been trying to reopen their bid for asylum. But on Sept. 10, the pair got a letter from the feds saying they had to leave.
Their lawyer, Aygul Charles, put in a request on Monday with Immigration and Customs Enforcement to stop the deportation - and asked that Habib and her mother be allowed to stay for humanitarian reasons.
"There has not been an official response," Charles said. "It's coming down to the wire."
The Habibs' case is especially compelling, Charles said, because the feds recently said they would follow new deportation priorities and focus on booting immigrants with criminal records.
Officials are reviewing 300,000 pending deportations and plan to let some law-abiding immigrants with ties to the U.S. stay temporarily and get permission to work.
An ICE spokesman would not comment on the specifics of the Habibs' case but said deportation priority decisions are made on a "case-by-case basis."
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's (D-N.Y.) office has been talking with ICE on the family's behalf, said spokeswoman Angie Hu.
"We expect that ICE will fully and fairly consider the family's request," said Hu.
Just a few days ago, Habib, who is studying psychology and wants to be a drug researcher, was trying to focus on midterms. But during a weekend drive around Stony Brook with friends, she broke down and cried.
"I thought, this could be the last time I see this certain part of sky," she said.
epearson@nydailynews.com
Related: More than 100 NYC immigrants with criminal pasts rounded up in national raid
Related: Worldwide photo shoot of 'dreamers' to focus on NYC's immigrants
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Been here illegally 19 years, boot her out. WAAAAAHHHHH.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
well, I can identify kinda, my daughters best friend thru high school was brought here as a toddler, she spent many days and nights in our home, she went with us on vacations and we love her like a daughter.  if she were deported it would be like having a family member die.
I'm all for deportation of illegals...... except her.... I've prayed that it won't happen.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
BUGEYE. Has she applied for citizenship?? If not, WHY not. Ignoring our laws is rude and disrespectful. Time to grow up. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:40:59 PM »
well pm,  you don't know her, you don't know her circumstances, you don't know how much she is loved by our extended family.  I had you picked as the bastion of Christianity at this site. maybe I was wrong.    some time ago I was at a site and explained about her situation and ask for anyone familiar with immigration law so we could help her.  their attitude was like yours and they even used sexual innuendo on her. I have never been so disappointed in my fellow man.
I guess Perry was right.  people have no hearts.

Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
BUGEYE. Has she applied for citizenship?? If not, WHY not. Ignoring our laws is rude and disrespectful. Time to grow up. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Deport that girl? Who grew up here, knows nothing but her friends and family and school, doesn't even speak the language of the land her parents are from... and you want to say waaaahhhhh?

That's a low-down, nasty, unChristian attitude.

Deport her? I wonder... what would Jesus do?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:36:48 AM »

Deport her? I wonder... what would Jesus do?

How about: He counseled the parents to enter the USA legally.

BTW If this was my daughter I would not let her go back alone because as a father I carry responsibilty for her situation.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline wallacem

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 06:46:05 AM »
But it all boils down to:  Obey the law, or change the law.  Wallacem

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 06:46:14 AM »
Scatter. True, Jesus also told his disciples to obey the laws of the lands they were in. This girl, and I'm sure thousands of others, are willfully breaking our laws and making no attempt to follow rules to become citizens. They scoff at our laws while taking advantage of the perks of living here. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »
PM:
I can't be to hard on the girl or any other youngster that was brought into the country illegally by their parents when they were babies.

Could she have applied for Immigrant Status when older? I don't know if that is possible.
It appears they had a Refugee claim in that was denied. 

At least that one seemed to have made something of her life to become a productive adult.

My prediction is she will get a "Stay of Deportation."

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 07:38:04 AM »
my wife and I have been talking about and researching this for years. unless there is some kind of blanket amnesty, she has no chance to become legal.  she could return to mexico and apply to immigrate but getting back legally from there is almost impossible.  she is here because of her parents and she will have to stay illegal and hope she's not caught.  about 3 years ago we talked to a lawyer about adoption and he advised that a judge would not be inclined to allow it.
I would imagine that most people, if they found their kid breaking the law, would chew him/her out and tell them to stop, but would not turn them in.  but you pass judgement on someone that's dear to our entire family.
I used to have great respect for a prolific poster in this forum.  but I don't even want to see his posts any more.  I won't post in the political forum again.
I really hope nobody here ever has to worry about their loved ones.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 07:39:07 AM »
My prediction is she will get a "Stay of Deportation."
I'll hope that happens... and it looks like you're right:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/09/college-student-wins-reprieve-from-deportation-to-bangladesh.html

Afterwards, I'm hoping she gets citizenship. America will benefit from having her here, and so will she - what's not to like? Feelings of dissatisfaction amongst xenophobes & internet tough guys is off no concern, not to anyone of consequence... .

Bugeye is absolutely right on this issue. Who says I don't give credit where credit is due? And he doesn't even know it, having me on ignore.. :)

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »
The father has been here nineteen years on a green card and isn't a citizen. He knew that his wife and kid were ellegal so don't blame our goverment. He should be deported also. There is probaly more work in Bengali then there is here now anyways. As a nation we have to put feelings aside and deport that whole family.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 08:08:50 AM »
eye shot
I've got to agree with part of your post in regards of someone being on a Green Card for so many years.

As it was two of my own family members did the same 'til the day they died. One of them would have lost a pension from their homeland the other would never have passed the Citizenship Hearings due to language requirements.

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »
well, I can identify kinda, my daughters best friend thru high school was brought here as a toddler, she spent many days and nights in our home, she went with us on vacations and we love her like a daughter.  if she were deported it would be like having a family member die.
I'm all for deportation of illegals...... except her.... I've prayed that it won't happen.
the problem i have with your argument  is when you say im all for deportation of illegals except her. hard to have it both ways

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 08:24:39 AM »
I guess I'm not the hard a.. some think I am. I could not in good conscience kick all illegals out with extreme prejudice. We are probably spending a ton of money to deport these folks when it would in many cases be less costly and be a bigger benefit to us to help them become legal tax paying  citizens.    I really think there should be a process to get illegals who have been other wise law abiding folks into some sort system to help them become legal. But I also think we should better control our borders to stop this from happening so we do not have to face this kind of issue.  There should be a set of checks and balances to weigh the benefit of keeping a person here as opposed to deporting them. If this young lady and her family have no criminal records , have been productive and not living off of tax payer money  we should help them become legal . There is no benefit in ripping an other wise decent family apart when we have the ability to help them.
Those who seek refuge , liberty, the opportunity to be self sufficient, pull their own weight and are willing to assimilate to us are welcome in my book.
Parasites ,criminals , and those who want to change this country into a version of crap hole country they left behind need not apply.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:43:26 AM »
I guess I'm not the hard a.. some think I am. I could not in good conscience kick all illegals out with extreme prejudice. We are probably spending a ton of money to deport these folks when it would in many cases be less costly and be a bigger benefit to us to help them become legal tax paying  citizens.    I really think there should be a process to get illegals who have been other wise law abiding folks into some sort system to help them become legal. But I also think we should better control our borders to stop this from happening so we do not have to face this kind of issue.  There should be a set of checks and balances to weigh the benefit of keeping a person here as opposed to deporting them. If this young lady and her family have no criminal records , have been productive and not living off of tax payer money  we should help them become legal . There is no benefit in ripping an other wise decent family apart when we have the ability to help them.
Those who seek refuge , liberty, the opportunity to be self sufficient, pull their own weight and are willing to assimilate to us are welcome in my book.
Parasites ,criminals , and those who want to change this country into a version of crap hole country they left behind need not apply.

Pat

I'm with Hooker on this one. this girl does not seem the type to come into the country and then sit down on her ass with her hand out. It seems as though she desires to be a productive American citizen.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »
As with the chance for those that make it through all the hoops to actually qualify for in state college tuition in those states that are offering it. If you look at the requirements and the person has met them you can be assured they will become productive tax paying citizens. The genie is out of the bottle, lets try to make the best of it as possible.
GuzziJohn

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
It's easy to be cold hearted when you don't know the person. It changes things when you personally know someone. Lets try to remember that.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
well pm,  you don't know her, you don't know her circumstances, you don't know how much she is loved by our extended family.  I had you picked as the bastion of Christianity at this site. maybe I was wrong.    some time ago I was at a site and explained about her situation and ask for anyone familiar with immigration law so we could help her.  their attitude was like yours and they even used sexual innuendo on her. I have never been so disappointed in my fellow man.
You sound like a Liberal socialist.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »

No; in this case, Bugeye sounds more like someone for whom experience trumps polytics and ideology.

good on Bugeye

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
This is an emotional issue and one that is not easily solved, if at all. Lets not be angry with eachother, but be angry at the politicians that created this mess in the first place. And the American public for voting for them and not paying attention to what they were, or were not doing on immigration. That covers alot of years of abuse and neglect from ALL political parties concerned.

I am torn on these issues. We are a nation of laws and if those laws are not followed and enforced, we fall. But compassion for others dictates some compromise. On one hand I want to kick them all out unceremoniously and as cheaply as possible. On the other hand, there are those that seem to pose no threat to America or it's people and it seems cruel. Speaking generally, except for being here illegally, they are good people. Although I do strongly believe that ALL immigrants should at some point go through the same citizenship process that they did at Ellis Island so they know what it really means to be an American and are comited to it. Not just a squatter taking advantage of American freedoms while not being an American citizen. That includes speaking english.

The problem is that we have let it get so out of hand that the problem is almost unsolvable in a way that is compassionate and law abiding at the same time.

So what do we have? The left that wants blanket amnesty for political reasons and to increase their voting block. The right wants the laws enforced and deportation orders to be carried out because of the obvious reasons that un-controled immigration damages the country as a whole in many ways. Eventhough the right compromises their general principles and looks the other way much of the time and is at fault just as much as the left. Can you say, Rick Perry and George Bush?

Can we be anymore messed up on this issue??
I don't even know if it is 'fixable' at this point. Especially when nobody is really coming together to come up with real solutions.
I mean shoot! They won't even deport repeat criminal illegal aliens. And they don't know what to do about Bugeye's little friend.

As I said, I am torn on this issue. I don't want to compromise on the laws, that are right. But I don't want to sentence some good people to death either. Which is exactly what it means to some illegals.

Immigration issues have been neglected and abused for so long now and it has gotton so big that I would be suprised if it could be resloved in a manner that is righteous in every way.
It's just too messed up!
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »

No; in this case, Bugeye sounds more like someone for whom experience trumps polytics and ideology.

good on Bugeye
Just using the terms to let someone see how ridiculous they sound when used as an answer to most discussions.

Offline powderman

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »
 Although I do strongly believe that ALL immigrants should at some point go through the same citizenship process that they did at Ellis Island so they know what it really means to be an American and are comited to it. Not just a squatter taking advantage of American freedoms while not being an American citizen. That includes speaking english.

My feelings exactly. My neice married an illegal 2 years ago, yes, I was there. He's been living here 16 years using false ss# and identity and has made no attempt to become a citizen, one lie after another. He doesn't want to be an American, just live here and enjoy the perks. Some day it will catch up to him as it will to all who break our laws. If an American family wants to adopt an illegal, like Bugeye does, thats great, I'm all for it. This 19 year olds family is here illegally too, whats their excuse for not trying for citizenship being here 19 years or more?? Is anybody going to tell me that these people did NOT know they were breaking the laws of our land?? Being born here to illegals should NOT make anybody an American, that law was enacted in dealing with slaves many years ago and should not be in force today concerning illegals. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »
Supposedly the father who was uneducated hired a lawyer to get his family green cards. The lawyer took their money and never applied for one. Whether the story is true or not there should be exceptions. She's an exceptional young lady and will make a better citizen then most people who were born here.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 03:58:30 PM »
My feelings exactly. My neice married an illegal 2 years ago, yes, I was there. He's been living here 16 years using false ss# and identity and has made no attempt to become a citizen, one lie after another. He doesn't want to be an American, just live here and enjoy the perks.
Have you ever had a conversation with the young man about this subject?

Some day it will catch up to him as it will to all who break our laws. If an American family wants to adopt an illegal, like Bugeye does, thats great, I'm all for it. This 19 year olds family is here illegally too, whats their excuse for not trying for citizenship being here 19 years or more??

Perhaps you could address that question to the man's family?

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
I wonder how much money poor little Nadia has extorted from the U.S. tax payers to go to college? Gee sounds like Obama.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline powderman

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 04:44:08 PM »
These illegals shame the millions of AMERICANs who came here legally, followed the rules, obeyed our laws, learned English, and became proud AMERICANS. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
If you read the article it says the girl doesnt even speak her native language. It sounds like she and her parents wanted her to be an AMERICAN not a hyphenated-american.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »
I know this sounds cold hearted, but where do you draw the line?  There is no one else to blame but the liberals, and the illegals themselves for this situation. 

My reasoning;
1) If the liberals would have allowed our immigration policies to be enforced years ago, today we wouldn't have an immigration problem on the scale we have today.
2) If the liberals would allow us to just deport, any, and all illegal immigrants that have a criminal record, we would cut down the number of illegals drastically.
3) If the liberals would have allowed our immigration laws to be enforced, most of the problems like the one mention above, would not exist.
4) If the liberals would just allow our states to refuse to provide free education, or free medical care to illegals, most of the illegals that come here to get free benefits would not be here.
5) If the illegals came to the US while respecting our laws regarding immigration, they wouldn't have a problem like that mentioned above when they finally got apprehended. Most importantly they wouldn't be illegals.
6) If our illegal immigration problem wasn't on the scale it is.  The above situation could easily be corrected, but if we keep making exceptions now.  Where and when do we stop making exceptions?
7) If you are an illegal, why don't you step up and correct this situation, sure you would have to return to your country for a few years, and wait until you were granted permission to immigrate, but everyone of our ancestors and relatives did it.  Why can't you?  Are you special?

So please don't blame us for not wanting to be taken advantaged of, the blame is yours, you brought it upon yourself.  I feel for you.  I'm even sorry, but grow up, and accept responsibility for your actions.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline powderman

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2011, 04:40:04 AM »
If you read the article it says the girl doesnt even speak her native language. It sounds like she and her parents wanted her to be an AMERICAN not a hyphenated-american.

LAKOTA. There are legal ways for that to happen, they chose not to follow the rules or our law.
OSR. Excellent post Sir. POWDERMAN.  :o :o