Author Topic: What if????  (Read 2432 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: What if????
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »
NO  BULL????
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 07:41:10 AM »
................................... that the US started its moral decline when elvis came on stage swiveling his hips around.now im not so sure he wasnt correct.

Call me old fashioned,IMO the easy availability of the Pill really greased to moral downslide of the Western World.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »
  Billy;
  Have you read "Atlas Shrugged" ...  by Ayn Rand ?  That is basically what the story exposes.

Bugeye;
   I don't know just how much the Beatles played in it, but their rise to popularity seemed to coincide with the decline of our culture.  In that sense, your powers of observation are quite credible.

BTW:  Better lay off that "evolution" stuff, you'll get these guys fired up...and may get this thread locked.. ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 08:59:08 AM »
IG I am at about page 800 of Atlas shrugged at this time. They refer to the folks as looters, I think parasites is a more accurate term. Basically the same class as lice and tape worms.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 09:06:32 AM »
  Billy;
  Have you read "Atlas Shrugged" ...  by Ayn Rand ?  That is basically what the story exposes.

Bugeye;
   I don't know just how much the Beatles played in it, but their rise to popularity seemed to coincide with the decline of our culture.  In that sense, your powers of observation are quite credible.

BTW:  Better lay off that "evolution" stuff, you'll get these guys fired up...and may get this thread locked.. ;)
Yep- IG. I thought you and I had a great discussion going till it got locked. I have asked why and have yet to get a response?

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »

One of my favorite illustrations. You have to admit, A chimps face is far cuter than his.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
I guess the term parasites fits perfectly the other side of America so I will continue to use it. The shoe fits.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline gunblade

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
You're wrong to group musicians and artists in with the others.  I'm a musician....I'm also retired military, still have a full time job, married, paying a mortgage, and have a daughter who's a college graduate and has a career of her own now.  Parasite you say?  Just because I can play a musical instrument and I get paid for it?   BS.  I know plenty of musicians that work hard, provide for their family, and pay their bills just like your so called other half of America.  Maybe you don't like music..fine.  But you also don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 02:16:04 PM »
You're wrong to group musicians and artists in with the others.  I'm a musician....I'm also retired military, still have a full time job, married, paying a mortgage, and have a daughter who's a college graduate and has a career of her own now.  Parasite you say?  Just because I can play a musical instrument and I get paid for it?   BS.  I know plenty of musicians that work hard, provide for their family, and pay their bills just like your so called other half of America.  Maybe you don't like music..fine.  But you also don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

But who could we live without? The farmer or the musician, the miner or the politician, the carpenter or the welfare recipient? Simple as that.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »
concerning post #29
What have you got against the upper class, TM7? ;D

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 03:44:52 PM »
Can I live longer without music or food?

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 05:27:03 PM »
Spoken like a  like a true liberal elites. Put down those you  think that are  below you. ::)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »
Not much discussion on the topic but an awful lots of anger about the truth of life being brought up. It all goes back to wants and needs.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
Concering post #29  ;D ;D ;D ;D
My post was way behind, I was looking at the rednecks and immigrants as upper class.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 07:10:01 AM »

Duh..What you say?? :-\

I did understand a bit of the personal mud slinging further up :(

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 05:35:11 AM »

can i add  another ....Re: What if????

we just stopped  ALL WELLFARE...FOOD STAMPS...UN-EMPLOYMENT & MEDICAL BENEFITS
                            ALL    programs that DISCRIMINATE   against rich or anyone else

also  we would have to make it easier to shoot the rioters  of course [no  ammo subsidies either]
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:09 AM »
Re: What if? ???

can i add  another ....Re: What if? ???

also  we would have to make it easier to shoot the rioters  of course [no  ammo subsidies either]

Did you consider that you and some of the the others here that advocate an armed rebellion would also fall into the rioter category by the very Govt you are trying to topple?? ;) 

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 07:37:02 AM »
Re: What if? ???

can i add  another ....Re: What if? ???

Did you consider that you and some of the the others here that advocate an armed rebellion would also fall into the rioter category by the very Govt you are trying to topple?? ;)

i did not '' advocate an armed rebellion''

i was referring to preparing for the  ''armed rebellion''
perpetrated by the parasites  once ''da chex stop comen''

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:26 AM »
It may have been when booze was out lawed that some decided never allow religion and govt. mix. I think the laws are misinterpreted now to that end.Many in the Baptist faith ( MY FAITH SO I USE IT AS EXAMPLE) seem to think that restraint should not be preached but total out law of some things. Booze is one. If one chooses to be Baptist then it is his choice but if the church forces laws thru. then it effects those wishing not to be effected. This has attitude caused all religions to come under attack for one reason or another . We called hell fire and brimstone . I have also heard solders that went over seas say things were more relaxed over there than here.
 Here is a example - Am I not to use cough syrup ? Or medicine that contained alcohol ? If not why would my religion want me to suffer ? Other drugs make you more messed up than booze and they are OK . The Bible say no abuse not no use .
Folks today are more educated some know the Bible better than some preachers . It seems religion that infact strays from the Bible come under ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:16 AM »
I would like to see the much hated by the parasite class "big oil" stop production for one month. Let the parasitic class see what the producers do for them by being in business.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 05:22:35 AM »
  The words Rand uses are rather strong, but there is truth there.  Yes, there are the producers and the parasites, but truly the world would be a rather boring place if we did not allow a place for the arts.  I look at the arts as something voluntary, a producer can purchase the arts if they wish, but should never be forced to pay for art..such as our taxes being used to fund "The National Endowment for the Arts".
   We as a nation have slipped far from our roots....
    Although I appreciate the premise Ayn Rand operates upon..I can't agree with her atheism.  Perhaps that is where her view of society partially comes from.  Any purely atheistic nation would be lifeless, loveless and devoid of many of the things which make life really worth living.
  If you are a producer, what are you working so hard for?  Is it not to ebjoy and appreciate the finer and decent things, which makes it all worthwhile.

BTW:  Billy...Who is John Galt ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 06:46:51 AM »
Believing that Rand opposed art is to expose the fact that someone read only one book, sort of understood parts of it, and declared themselves an expert on her theories. 

Nor does being opposed to art make sense in her capitalistic view, sometimes refered to as Objectivism.  She believed that all things should exist for their own sake, and that the validity of that sake is to be determined by raw capitalism.  If an artist creates a product that people want, more power to them.  It is no different that someone making a new cell phone or producing a hunting show on TV.  These are not things one needs in the sense that we cannot live without them, but they are things that thrive in our society because people want them.

Perhaps some day Americans will need to exist only on what they need for immediate survival, but I hope not and I doubt it.  Much of what we enjoy in life would be gone if we were reduced to nothing but food production and shelter.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »
What would happen to America if the producers went on strike?

So TM you knew Rand?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »
What would happen to America if the producers went on strike?

So TM you knew Rand?

Why do you think illegals are allowed to come ? backup workers . Art , if producers buy it then the artist is a producer .
parasite only lives as long as the host allows unless forced to let it suck life out of the host
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 11:17:41 AM »
Prohibition was not a simple religious issue.  The big money and influence for the Volstead Act was for the thousands of jobs the government promised to enforce the new law. Money and power rolled in from Hollywood to support the Volstead Act. Saloons were the biggest competetors to the movie theaters.  The various religions became avenues around the Volstead Act.  Churches were allowed wine for sacraments. It was not very long before Priest, Rabbis and Preachers were every where getting the wine allotments.  Wine for churches went to 1000s of barrels every year. :)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2011, 11:45:06 AM »
Of course, before the bill was introduced to repeal the Volstead act, old Joe Kennedy was tipped off by the powers to be..  So he went out and sewed up monopolies on certain imported whiskies.
   Often things are done first one way, then the other just to provide riches for some clever opportunists..or to pay old political debts.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »
Ironglow, Old Joe did a bit more than that. It seems Old Joe the American Diplomat to England was very busy. It was against the law to use space on Naval vessel for anything but defense use. Old Joe was moving whiskey from Scotland and Ireland to the U.S. on these military ships. He was able to supply Hollywood and other powerful people with booze. He was latter recalled from England when he accused the British allies of being worse than the Nazis. The Kennedy's own Black & White Distilleries to this day. But the friendly liberal press over looks this also. ::)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 02:29:30 AM »
Sidewinder;
  I wasn't aware of the other stuff but wouldn't put it past him.  There were also accusations about prostitution but accusations are not necessarily proof.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Dukillr;
  Rand's other book, "The Fountainhead" seems to show she has no grudge against the arts.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:42 AM »
Dukillr;
  Rand's other book, "The Fountainhead" seems to show she has no grudge against the arts.
Of course it does.  And it makes perfect sense if you understand what she believed...  I think she would have told an artist to work for the sake of doing great work.  Artistic greatness was a heroic trait in that book.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 04:52:52 AM »
Nothing wrong with arts and artists. It is the subsidizing of the crap we see along our streets and public buildings that turns em parasitic. I see no one is defending our top parasitic groups lawyers and politicians.