Author Topic: Thoughts on Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50  (Read 892 times)

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Thoughts on Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »
I've been looking at these for awhile and they seem to be a pretty decent buy, especially since I can get one for under $400.  I really like the power range.  The 3x is about right for low end power for calling coyotes and deer hunting, and the 15x would be nice for long range paper punching.  BTW, this will be going on an Oly Arms .243 WSSM which I will be using for hunting and plinking.

Also, If I go with this scope, I'm not sure if I should go with the Illuminated Duplex or the EBX reticle.  My thinking is the illumination would be great for early morning or right when it starts getting dark.  Plus, with the longer shots, I can always "dial up".

Weaver 3-15x50 Super Slam Illuminated Dual-X
Weaver 3-15x50 Super Slam EBX Reticle

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Thoughts on Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:26:59 AM »
probably a real good scope. Most of the new weavers are excellent. Only question i have is where 400? the two links you gave had them at about 600
blue lives matter

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Thoughts on Weaver Super Slam 3-15x50
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
Hmmmmmmmm,     the optics in both scopes should be excellent.   But not sure about the illuminated model due to possible problems with the switch on it.  I write this because of a very similiar Nitrex illuminated model that seemed to have a problem.  Whether its true for the Weaver label, I really don't know.  Nitrex is a discontinued line that was also owned by same company that owns Weaver, with both brands made by same Japanese company.  When remaining Nitrex inventory was sold by Natchez Shooters Supply, only complaints about the brand by its buyers was the switch on the illuminated scope model.

By the way, you might want to google the Weaver model your'e interested in and check for a lower price.  Type in Weaver and its model number or 3-15x42 super slam for sale.  Should find a number of internets sellers and you can compare prices.  Do believe you can find it for a much lower price elsewhere for well under $400.....also might be a $50 weaver rebate on them.