Author Topic: fast and furious is heating up....  (Read 982 times)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
fast and furious is heating up....
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
  boy, it sure was a long time since i read about it first here on g.b.o..   and now things are heating up....

Offline Spirithawk

Re: fast and furious is heating up....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
OK. I'll bite. Fast and Furious? Enlighten me please.

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »
I sure hope it keeps getting hotter. Seems that Eric Holder might have some explaining to do.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:27:02 PM »
OK. I'll bite. Fast and Furious? Enlighten me please.

Spirithawk it was a program where the BATF was letting straw purchaers buy firearms in the states that were transfered to Mexico. It sounds like some of the guns actually made it to Mexico and some were used in the murders of American citacens. What doesn't make sense to me is why these "Mexican cartels" would pay 600 to 1000 dollars for a semi auto AR 15 when they could purchase Chinese full auto AK47s for 100 bucks a peice. Maybe I am an old reb neck hill billly but this crap don't make sense.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »
Thanks Bro. Dang I knew that, just had a brain fart. I agree that there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. I think those selling could easily have been paid with other than normal currency if you catch my drift. At the least, I believe the sellers as crooked as the buyers.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »
As the story goes, the BATF informed the sellers that thsese straw purchasers were going to buy and to let them. As I said it makes little common sense as full auto AK47s can be had for around 100 bucks. I smell this whole thing as a set up against American gun rights.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 02:29:25 AM »
As the story goes, the BATF informed the sellers that thsese straw purchasers were going to buy and to let them. As I said it makes little common sense as full auto AK47s can be had for around 100 bucks. I smell this whole thing as a set up against American gun rights.
Bingo, that's exactly what it's about.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 04:18:40 AM »
I smell this whole thing as a set up against American gun rights.

Me three.  :(
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 04:25:48 AM »
Once again, Erick Holder has been caught lying to Congress and there is more than enough paper to prove it.  But true to form, the Liar in Chief has expressed complete confidence in his homie.  If these guys were Republicans, they'd already be selecting the rope and tree.
Swingem

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 05:36:01 AM »
I'd really like to understand how they thought it would be OK to do this. It's pretty common for police to supply contraband like drugs, which can be used, but in a focused way that doesn't hurt many people. But this is unusual in that they supplied guns to criminals. What did they think they were going to do with the guns? Surely someone must have considered that, with all the gunplay in the Mexican gangs, there would be considerable mayhem.

Offline Avyctes

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 06:54:44 AM »
I'd really like to understand how they thought it would be OK to do this.

According to what I've read about this, the official ATF stance was "You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet", by which I assume they meant that some collateral damage was both expected and Ok. 

I believe they also intended to stab the FFLs in the back by turning them in as accomplices to the criminals once the operational 'Go Go Go' was issued, even tho' they borderline forced these FFL dealers to do this dirty work for them. 

Another group asside from Holder and his bunch of SS and the ATF Gestapo that should have their feet to the fire is the FBI for going along with the ATF in this 'operation'.  They were the ones getting these criminal straw buyers around the NICS.

If our congress doesn't make a few omelets themselves out of these dirty, rotten eggs in the Attorney General's office, the BATFE, and the FBI, then it will only prove that our government is corrupt to the very top and needs purged as badly as the MX government does.
"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts.. that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 07:03:16 AM »

me  four

it is all a set up to shut down the american gun industry
absolutely nothing else to gain....but blame

and they got caught.........NEVER LET A CRISIS GO TO WASTE [rom e-man-u-well]
2 can play that game
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 07:36:11 AM »
Something else that has came out.  The guns was bought with taxpayer money.  Members of the Cartels living in the US went in to ATF and supossedly informed them of information about the Mexican drug cartels.  He was given a bunch of money by ATF as an informant.  This was American Tax Payer money.  That money was in turn used to make straw purchases of weapons at local gun stores. 

The FFLs at first refused to make the sales, then were contacted by ATF and told to make the sales, or lose their licsence.  So the guns were sold to Mexican Cartel members living in the US.  Guns were dispursed to the border area, both sides.  many people were killed with these guns, including a US DEA agent.  At that point ATF agents spilled the beans.  It's been all over FOX news ever since.  The other news agencies refused to touch it till just recently.  It got so big they could no longer ignore it.

Holder claimed he knew nothing of this operation before Congress, but now evidence in the form of e-mails are showing up that prove otherwise.  Holder either has to admit he lied, or claim incompetence in his job.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 08:04:40 AM »
Thanks. Looks like a pretty serious mess, going right up to the head of the Justice department. What do you think the odds are that Holder will have to resign or be fired? I'm thinking pretty low percentage probability because this sort of thing is just tolerated. It will take some pretty strong effort by republicans to make this happen.

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 02:10:57 PM »

me  four

2 can play that game

ME 4. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
You're 5 Charlie! LOL

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »
Something else that has came out.  The guns was bought with taxpayer money.  Members of the Cartels living in the US went in to ATF and supossedly informed them of information about the Mexican drug cartels.  He was given a bunch of money by ATF as an informant.  This was American Tax Payer money.  That money was in turn used to make straw purchases of weapons at local gun stores. 

The FFLs at first refused to make the sales, then were contacted by ATF and told to make the sales, or lose their licsence.  So the guns were sold to Mexican Cartel members living in the US.  Guns were dispursed to the border area, both sides.  many people were killed with these guns, including a US DEA agent.  At that point ATF agents spilled the beans.  It's been all over FOX news ever since.  The other news agencies refused to touch it till just recently.  It got so big they could no longer ignore it.

Holder claimed he knew nothing of this operation before Congress, but now evidence in the form of e-mails are showing up that prove otherwise.  Holder either has to admit he lied, or claim incompetence in his job.
There is also the option of charging Holder with perjury.  He lied to Congress during hearing about the fast & furious program.  There is already talk about this.  It is discussed in the 2nd Amdt forum.
I hope they do charge him.  It will make him and the President realize that the law applies to all.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »
This program was Obama's and Eric Holders attempt at blaming legitimate gun owners and guns shops for guns moving into Mexico. Our government set up an operation to smuggle firearms and blame it on its citizens as a means to push for gun control measures.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 06:47:07 AM »
i havent read anything i disagree with.   
  one point someone brought up, was why the cartels would spend 1000 on an ar when they could get aks for 100....the simple answer to that is that they didnt pay 1000 for them, we the taxpayer did.  i am sure they bought them very cheap.   
  holder, obama, and every other p.o.s. government employee involved in this need to serve some time in prison.   "just following orders" and "i didnt know about it"  and "full confidence" doesnt cut it. 

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
It was the agents working on it that blew the whistle.  They had tried to get it stopped by going through the regular channels, when that didn't work and one of them was killed with one of the guns, they opened about it. 

American Rifleman has had articles about it every month for a half year or more.  The NRA also raised the question of why the cartels would buy sporting guns when they can get full auto weapons cheaper.

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 03:48:02 AM »

The FFLs at first refused to make the sales, then were contacted by ATF and told to make the sales, or lose their licsence. 

if this is true, this needs to be followed all the way up, and someone need to go to jail. Not just jail, but jail as expressed by Al Pacino's character in And Justice for All
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 04:00:43 AM »
There's already enough facts available to send Holder and a few others to jail. Obama should be impeached if this reaches the WH and hard to beleive it did not. We will see.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 04:15:07 AM »
There's already enough facts available to send Holder and a few others to jail. Obama should be impeached if this reaches the WH and hard to beleive it did not. We will see.

No doubt in my mind that obummer not only knew about it and approved it. He saw it as a way to make gun owners look bad leading to disarming the law abiding citizens  of America, A lifelong dream of the dnc. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 04:27:03 AM »
Maybe, as Obama's favorite minister( I use that term loosely) Rev. Wright says "Those chickens are coming home to roost". We can only hope.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 05:45:01 AM »
The ATF is a rogue agency that needs to be shut down and completley abolished.

That being said I have a pretty jaded view over "Fast and Furious" and I dont think that anyone is going to do anything about it. The republicans are too afraid of being called "racists" to go after Holder or Obama and they will both skate away from this as happy as can be. If anything maybe a few ATF officers may pay for it with their jobs and jail time.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 12:18:19 PM »

me  four

2 can play that game

ME 4. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Me six
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala