Author Topic: I have an issue and need advice.  (Read 509 times)

Offline evidrine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I have an issue and need advice.
« on: October 09, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
I have a CVA Mountain stalker that I got from an elderly woman after her husband passed. I think someone had given it to her husband, perhaps to see if he could fix it. Anyway, it is a sidelock precussion type muzzleloader. It looks like someone tried to remove the rear breech plug to clean the rifle and snapped off the lug on the rear of the plug. This is where my questions start. Is this plug even removable to begin with? If so, where can I find a replacement if I do manage to get it out? Does anyone know where I can get another barrel for fairly cheap? I had contacted CVA a while back and was told that if I shipped it to them they could fix it for me for a descent price. This was right before the guy told me that they wouldnt be repairing older rifles for much longer. Does anyone know if they still would? I would rather not go through the trouble of shipping it off. What are my options here?

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Re: I have an issue and need advice.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 03:26:08 PM »
i doubt they would be able to fix it considering they sold their stock to another outfit. Its worth giving them a call though and just check.