Author Topic: Burris Timberline scopes  (Read 815 times)

Offline Jim Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris Timberline scopes
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
 :)  Anyone have any experience, Good, Bad, Or otherwise with the timberline series of Burris scopes. I'm looking at a 4.5-14.

TIA
Jim

Offline JLH

• Trade Count: (12)
Re: Burris Timberline scopes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:01:12 AM »
I have a Timberline in 4.5-14 on a Ruger Ranch Rifle, it is a very good scope, very clear, lots of eye relief.  Only negative I see is fairly small field of view (on higher power).  I would recommend them.  Tough and compact for a higher power scope.

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 06:21:52 AM »
I have used the Timberline 4.5X-14-32mm, Ballistic Plex on my Remmy mod seven 7mm-08 for over a year now. Very compact and mounts low. Optics are Crystal clear (same scope as their old short mag line). The AO is great. some have complained the turrets are a bit stiff to turn , I found them to be just fine. I have weaver quick release rings and early on swapped quite a bit between the Timberline and my Bushnell elite 3200 2-7x32. But now I find myself more and more sticking with the Timberline.

The Timberline is a lot of scope for the money. I have been more than satisfied with quality. Big Big bang for the buck.
I would certainly purchase another.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 07:52:33 AM »
There's one in the classifieds right now.