Author Topic: 32 S&W load data?  (Read 661 times)

Offline medicdogg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (42)
  • Avid Poster
32 S&W load data?
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:28 AM »
I need some advice on a load to use in my H&R top break 32.  It is a before smokeless powder model and I need some info on loads to keep pressure down.  I have some 32 S&W long brass that I can use but I am having trouble finding low pressure loads.  I can use smokeless or black powder loads and it doesnt matter to me which one I use.  I have some triple 7 powder if I can use that as well as various smokless powders.  Any info any of you have would be much appreciated.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Offline jackruff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 32 S&W load data?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:50:31 AM »
I load for 32 S&W, but am afraid I can't help with your request.  My 32 is an H&R of more modern vintage.  It even has a transfer bar.  My problem when I first got it (it belonged to my late father-in-law, and my wife found it in his closet) was that factory loads are pitifully anemic.  I wish you well and will keep up with other replies you get.

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Re: 32 S&W load data?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 05:54:44 AM »
Lyman's Cast Bullet manual has plenty of data for a 77 and 84 grain bullet in the 32 S&W. A grain of Bullseye with either of those bullets will work according to the manual
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!