Author Topic: Hello every one , love the site and have a bunch of ?  (Read 694 times)

Offline Swamp Rooster

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello every one , love the site and have a bunch of ?
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »
 Hello every one , I love the site and am glad I found it . I have a bunch of ? for you all. I have an older 20 gauge shot gun that use to have a 22 hornet barrel with it .  It is a topper model 58 20 GA 3'' mod. p .  The p has a circle around it on the gun .  I was wondering if I could still get barrels for this gun and if so what calibers . Thanks in advance .. Swamp Rooster.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Hello every one , love the site and have a bunch of ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:12:31 PM »
Welcome! You'd have to buy used barrels and fit them yourself(see the FAQs and Help sticky), H&R 1871 won't fit any barrels to any frame made before 1987 which yours was(see FAQs for year of mfr). Yours was made by H&R Inc which went out of business in 1986.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,229838.msg1099278933.html#msg1099278933
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Swamp Rooster

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 03:44:43 PM »
  Thanks,
I have a lot of reading to do, but I might buying a new handi rifle very soon .  Swamp Rooster

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:51:51 AM »
SR,

Google "Numrich Gun Parts" and go to their website.  Last time I looked, a couple of months ago, they still had some original H&R barrels that might fit your gun.  I do not remember what gauges and calibers they still have, but one GBO member post a few months ago about buying a shotgun barrel from Numrich.  Any CF rifle barrels would be of the low pressure variety.  Good luck and have patience with their website site as it is confusing to learn how to search.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
BB - I don't think Numrich has many barrels left.

SR - I posted the link for the barrels, you can shop at your own risk ;) , Handi-cholism strikes without warning. ;D

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Search.aspx?filter=shotgun+barrels+for+NEF

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 05:03:03 AM »
You need to look in the H&R parts for the M58 which was made long before NEF even existed, lots of H&R Inc barrels available, but I doubt you'll find a rifle barrel there, I've never seen one listed.

Tim

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=8113
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Swamp Rooster

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:59:57 PM »
Thanks every one .