Author Topic: Military being sued by deviate couple for spousal benefits.  (Read 1381 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Military being sued by deviate couple for spousal benefits.
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
Disabled Navy Veteran in Same-Sex Marriage to Sue for Benefits

By Joshua Rhett Miller
Published October 13, 2011
| FoxNews.com
A disabled Navy veteran is suing the Department of Veterans Affairs to recognize her marriage to her longtime female partner in what is believed to be the first time a U.S. veteran has sought recognition of same-sex marriage from the department.
Carmen Cardona, 45, of Norwich, Conn., announced details of the lawsuit at a press conference in New Haven Thursday morning. The 18-year Navy veteran was filing an appeal with the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims after the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) denied her and her wife spousal disability benefits last year.

"I’m proud that I served my country while in the Navy," Cardona said in a statement prior to the 11 a.m. press conference. "It is important to my wife and me that the government respect my service by acknowledging our marriage, and that we be treated equally."
Cardona, who maintained aircraft during her years of service, applied for and began receiving military-connected disability compensation from the VA for carpal tunnel syndrome, which she developed as a result of her duties following her honorable discharge in 2000. The Puerto Rican native is still able to work and subsequently became a correction officer in Connecticut; she currently works at the York Correctional Institution in Niantic.
Cardona married her longtime partner in Norwich in 2010. She later applied for spousal benefits from the VA -- to which legally married disabled veterans are entitled to -- but officials denied the application pursuant to a VA statute that prevents the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages.
"We could use the help to pay our mortgage, but this is not only about the money," Cardona's statement continued. "President Obama is right that [the Defense of Marriage Act] discriminates against gay and lesbian people. There are many other veterans out there just like me. I am standing up and asking to be treated equally in part to let others know they are not alone."
Officials at the Department of Veterans Affairs declined to comment on the ongoing litigation.
"If an appeal is filed, VA lawyers will analyze the legal arguments made by the appellant and respond appropriately in its briefs," VA spokesman Randy Noller wrote FoxNews.com in an email.
The VA benefits law, which is listed within Title 38 of the U.S. Code, indicates that for purposes of veterans benefits a "spouse" is defined as a "person of the opposite sex who is a wife or husband." The Board of Veterans Appeals relied upon this law rather than the Defense of Marriage Act in ruling that Cardona's same-sex partner could not be considered a "spouse" for benefits purposes.
Sofia Nelson, a law student intern at the Veterans Legal Services Clinic at Yale Law School, which is assisting Cardona in her case, said denying Cardona and her wife benefits solely because of their sexual orientation "advances no valid government policy."
Nelson said there are roughly 1 million gay and lesbian veterans in the United States.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/13...#ixzz1alfPpQbS
       Another nail in Americas coffin, just like obama planned.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline hillbill

Re: Military being sued by deviate couple for spousal benefits.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
unless im mistaken, has not congress voted them selves benefits for  same sex partners?seems i read this somewhere?not that i agree with it but should not our fighting troops be allowed the same bennies as a fat homo congressman?

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 04:48:31 PM »
HILLBILL. Don't know, would not surprise me. The dems and liberals promote immorality, not to mention sin. Sorry to say it but thanks to them, and others, our nation is becoming morally bankrupt. All part of the obaminations plan to detroy us. Weaken and destabilize our military, without them we fall, part of the plan.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 04:10:56 AM »
Whatsamatter, Powderman? You only support our heroes who are heterosexual? And virgins, if unmarried?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 04:29:38 AM »
A Navy vet huh?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 04:33:56 AM »
Well, I don't know about Powderman, but I certainly don't support any part of the deviate (queer) agenda, whether it's in the military, or not.  That is one can of worms that never needed to be opened.  What's next--equal rights for pedophiles?
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 04:43:04 AM »
No doubt the govt will approve this, but I hope they don't. Approving and condoning is accepting as normal and OK, which it is not. They can have all the paperwork they want, but they are not man and wife and therefore do not deserve the same benefits as a real married couple. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 04:58:57 AM »
A Navy vet huh?
Haze Gray & Underway; multiple ships & shore commands. Does my military service have some bearing here, that you'd like to talk about?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline coldmold

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 05:46:02 AM »
 For once I agree with YT. The persons branch of service has nothing to do with it. There are diviates in all branches.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »
I've got a question for those here who don't support our gay soldiers, for moral reasons: is sin the root of your objection?

Do you have moral problems with never-married soldiers who are no longer virgins?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »
I've got a question for those here who don't support our gay soldiers, for moral reasons: is sin the root of your objection?

Do you have moral problems with never-married soldiers who are no longer virgins?

Nope they are not sexual perverts, next beastiality, nocrphilia and pedophilia will be pushed as normal.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »

Nope they are not sexual perverts, next beastiality, nocrphilia and pedophilia will be pushed as normal.
Ah. I thought that pre-maritial sex was a perversion of God's perfect plan for man... and constituted thus sin. Nevermind...

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 10:57:10 AM »
I am still shocked that they she was a Navy vet.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »

Why? The navy has folks serving who are of various sexual preferences, just like the Army (& Marines, and Air Force, and CG, and car dealerships and hunting/shooting clubs and churches)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 05:11:09 PM »
Next the pdophiles will want to be accepted as normal. All sexual perverts, sick and mentally ill.

Offline 300mheadshot

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 05:55:32 PM »

The funny thing was I jumped on this site looking for some good info on some scope rings and base, and then ran across this crap.  I so glad we have VETs like this, every year that passes; we lose more honor and integrity in the Military.  I’m in the Army and have served 17 years, and still going.  I was honored by serving with some Navy guys on special embedded teams in Afghan.  I now have more respect for the Navy.  But I see on the threads everyone is talking and comparing virgins, unmarried Soldiers having sex, and about ten other comparisons.  I could care less if you are gay or a lesbian.  The only thing I want to know is before all the recent law changes and it was not legal….would you of said something back then.  Anyone can say this after the fact, but I have a serious issue, when a person, specially a so call VET, saying something later when there is no consequences. So when she was in the Navy and getting paid she was not a lesbian….give me a break, she stated this is a female partner from a long time.  I don’t care what branch of service you have served, it is call integrity.  What you’re seeing now is for years you can lie, but now it ok to act like this great VET and tell the truth.  OK now that you know how I feel, and I’m sure we will have some people on here contest to what I’m saying, but if you have ever served you will understand (It like signing a contract with you job, and then after quitting you want to get money for something you did that was against the contract you signed in the first place).  But here are a few facts:  This is current; the VA will not pay for a spouse of the same sex.  They put this out and made it clear before the gay and lesbian law for the Military was past this year.  Also just because a state can recognize a same sex marriage, does mean the federal Government will and hasn’t.  Look at the states with the Marijuana laws, you can’t smoke weed in the Military, but you can in some states.

Offline 300mheadshot

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »

[font=]ALSO in the Military you can't receive benefits for a spouse of the same sex. This is written in the new law.  [/font]“Carpal tunnel syndrome” really…that was the funnies thing I got out of that.  Don’t you get this from using your fingers a lot?  Don’t even waste a good cartridge of this person; I suggest rimfire with good placement.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »

Why? In my career on the navy everyone knew who was gay and who was straight. It was not a big deal no one really cared and this was long before bill don't ask dont' tell .
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 12:10:11 AM »
A Navy vet huh?
Billy you keep giving innuendos on the Navy. Why would such a patriotic person as yourself do that. My dad was in the Navy at Pearl Harbor. Later he served in the Pacific. If you would have made such innuendos to him, you would be as he put it " waking up the middle of next week."

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 02:02:31 AM »
First we allow the deviates to serve openly, and then they immediately wrap themselves in the flag and challenge us to deny such good patriotic folks every benefit they can dream up.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 04:22:26 AM »
No one and I mean no one can argue that the institution of marriage, is as old as man.
Whether you believe the excepted tone of most religions or not.
Mankind throughout the world on every continent and Island of the seas share the same philosophy, concerning marriage in a society. It is for a Man and Woman only.
Marriage is progressive not stagnate. By its very definition it provides to children and family, protection from the influences and dangers around them. It has the Father for protection and provider. It has the Mother for her sweet spirit that is innate within her, given by God (If you believe) that no substitution can match.
What we see when two men or women seek to marry is the destruction of this institution. The fabric of family unity is rent. All things related to man and woman raising children are now open to 2 homosexual men or women, transsexual and yes even pedo’s.
Those with evil intent can now position themselves to receive children into situations that nightmares cant match, with the full backing of laws.
For those that believe, satan has sought for a long time to destroy this institution because within its fold it harbors the tools to fight him at every turn. Now he is almost there.
He has destroyed every civilization since the beginning of time with the destruction of Marriage and is doing so here.
As far as homo’s serving in the military. No one should know they are homo. Keep your mouth shut do your job go home and do your thing. Cease and decease from the institution of Marriage. Laws will fill your need on property and other rights.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 04:48:08 AM »
So did this pervert fraudulently enlist? If so the government should counter sue her and take away her benefits.

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »
  Their numbers have grown .....so have the bennies.     
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline powderman

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 04:59:57 AM »
BRIARPATCH. Great post Sir, very well said. Marriage is an oath, a pact, an agreement, a covenant between a man, a woman, and God almighty. If God isn't in it, it's not a marriage. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 05:15:03 AM »
BRIARPATCH. Great post Sir, very well said. Marriage is an oath, a pact, an agreement, a covenant between a man, a woman, and God almighty. If God isn't in it, it's not a marriage. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Yeah, right... divorce rates over 50%, divorce lawyers making money like crazy, and marriage is the only contract I can think of where you have rights to break it, and then GET PAID FOR DOING SO.

Gay marriage? Tell you what: suppose they make a rule that in same-sex marriage, one of the two to volunteer to be designated The Guy, so that they state/courts will know who to screw over should the other leave... they'll never want marriage.

Shame so many over here are prejudiced against our military heroes.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 06:08:53 AM »
YT3,

There is a grain of truth in your cynicism, and it is true we live in a decaying society.   

On the same-sex marriage issue, there should not have been a change in the military policy in the first place.    Torpedoman posted that everyone knew who was gay, and was straight, and no one cared as long as you did your job -- long before DADT.    This whole thing got started because a group of queer flamers thought they were being persecuted for being gay in the military.  I believe (and I will admit I have never served -- medical ineligibility) that gays should keep their "condition" to themselves while in a military uniform.     This agitation by a few flamers has now led to a breakdown of morale in the military.  Some will say it is a coincidence, but I believe one reaon why the military is not getting recruits is because of the homo agitation.   And the rule was changed because Obama wanted the queer vote, and this was the only way he could get it.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 06:34:32 AM »
YT3,
There is a grain of truth in your cynicism, and it is true we live in a decaying society.   

a grain? On this subject and a couple others, I've got a whole bushell full of knowledge I'd rather not have; cynicism has nothin' to do with it. If folks who squeal about gay marriage would put some of that energy into strengthening marriage - disempower divorce lawyers, via no-fault laws that entice/enable one side to bail out - they'd do far more good. Of course, that won't be as satisfying to the bigots & self-righteous arbiters of Moral Correctness, but you can't have everything...

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 06:54:17 AM »
yt3,

I agree with you on this issue.  There is no need for drama.   

Queer is not a bigoted term -- it mean "strange, not normal".   As for moral correctness, I seem to recall you identified yourself as a Christian, and the Holy Bible says homosexuality is a sin.   All we can do, as Christians, is pray for those individuals, and hope that they see the sinful lives they lead, repent their sins, and change their behavior to more righteous actions.

ST762

We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 07:01:45 AM »
YT3, No one has power over a married couple but the couple.
You and many here may not want to hear this, but the fact remains.
THE REASON FOR DIVORCE IN A MARRIAGE IS THAT, EITHER ONE OR BOTH ARE NOT LIVING THE GOSPEL.
When you reach a point that it cant be saved, you will be subject to satans laws and minons carring out his laws. Because a law is made by man does not mean it is good.
When same sex enters the equation, if you think the laws are bad now, just wait and see what results.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 07:14:47 AM »

Ah. I thought that pre-maritial sex was a perversion of God's perfect plan for man... and constituted thus sin. Nevermind...
that's right, sex outside of marriage is a sin.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye