Author Topic: Anybody know about this...?  (Read 633 times)

Offline ilikemilitaria

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
Anybody know about this...?
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:21:18 PM »
Ok...you have some older 3/4 and 7/8" tubed scopes. You also have some older weaver "N" series mounts/rings to fit these scopes. You want to mount them on rifles with 3/8 rails or weaver rail.

So, does anyone make an adapter to make it happen?

dave

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Anybody know about this...?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »
We used to have a sponsor called BKL Technologies that I believe specializes in such esoteric adapters. Dunno if they even are still in business. They renewed a time or two then I wasn't able to get him to talk to me or respond to e-mails. I dunno if he just didn't wanna be a sponsor or they went out of business or what.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ilikemilitaria

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 06:56:53 AM »
thanks GB, I just emailed them asking about it.....they do make some neat adapters.

God bless,
dave

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 08:39:42 AM »
Bill,
BKL closed their doors about 3-4 years ago, then it was bought out by AirForce Airguns and moved from Brownsville to Ft. Worth.   If the failure to reply was sometime before (or anytime after) that might be why.
FWIW 
Larry
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »
Might have been Larry that timing seems about when they no longer replied to my invoices or inquiries to them. I didn't realize they had been bought and wasn't sure if they were still in business or not.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline sgtt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 03:41:32 AM »
You can find the rings once in awhile on ebay or gun shows.  Brownells sells adaptors.
"Freedom, for some, is problematic.  It does not grant emancipation from responsibility."

Offline cybin

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:16 PM »
You can buy BKL rings through amazon--they come to you from pryamid air rifles.--Easy to go from a 11mm or 3/8 rail to either a one inch ring or a weaver rail using their stuff. In fact I just got a pair of rings today from them for a Russian rifle in 7.62x39.

cybinv