Author Topic: wolff spring ???  (Read 424 times)

Offline tmb58

• Trade Count: (0)
wolff spring ???
« on: October 23, 2011, 07:58:33 AM »
do they make a wolff spring for the ush 12 ga. where to purchase and could i replace it or do i need a gunsmith.my issue is i have a ush that has only been fired about 15 times and already had a misfire with a light strike.it could have been a bad shell,not sure,the primer was recessed a little and was not flush as was the other shells.also had a friend try it in his ush and it also did not fire,this led me to believe it might have been the shell and not the gun but with past issues i have read i want to make sure it is not the gun,i think i purchased the gun in 2008 so it is not an older model if that would have anything to do with it if there has been any improvements made recently,  thanks

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: wolff spring ???
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 08:33:32 AM »
All the internal parts of the shotguns are the same as the rifles except the firing pin, Wolff extra power springs are available direct from them, Brownells and Midway, you'll need the single coil. The problem may not be the spring alone tho, 2008 was about the year they made changes in the transfer bar which is also a known problem, earlier and late t-bars were/are taller, Numrich has a replacement in stock that will work fine. But you always have the option of taking advantage of H&R's excellent service to have it repaired too, Ilion's turn around time recently has been very quick.

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/support/repairs.asp
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »
In my experience, a spring issue will be mostly light strike/misfires with only the odd one maybe going off. The other way around, as in yours, its more likely the Lifter/Striker (T-Bar). But unless you get this a fair bit, and from the shell not going off in another gun, I would do nothing yet but concentrate on a good followthru on my trigger pull.
Was that a reload rather than factory shell?
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline tmb58

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »
factory lightfield hybred exp

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 10:59:51 AM »
Send it back to them, maybe they will send you something. Factories dont like it getting around that their stuff doesnt go off and they  dont stand behind it.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Slackdaddy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 07:12:10 AM »
Tim,
The numrich replacement T-bar is the shorter one, the are "permently" out of the original.
I had 2 weeks of 24/7 work, I am going to atempt the install of the t-bar you sent this week.

Thanks,
Nick
Nicholas Andraka
REO Services
Serving Maryland since 1993
http://reoservicesofmaryland.com    reo_services@verizon.net

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
I have two of the Numrich replacements, they look just like the older style, they aren't the short style like on my 2008 and later H&Rs, they must have sent you the wrong one if it's short, or changed it,  the one I sent you is just like the replacements, in fact it may be one of them, other than the coupler pin peening, they look identical to me.

Tim

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1139220B&catid=8099

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain