Author Topic: Windham Weaponry MPC or Bushmaster Carbon 15  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Spuddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Windham Weaponry MPC or Bushmaster Carbon 15
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:12:04 AM »
I spend a bit of time on the cannon forum and thought I would ask you guys a question.  I was going to purchase a Bushmaster Carbon 15 until I went to the local gun store the other day and saw a new Windham Weaponry MPC.  The WWI is about $400 more than the Bushmaster.  I am interested in what you guys think about both of these guns, and which one you would pruchase.  I live in Maine and the WW appeals to the part of me that likes guns that are made in Maine.
Thanks,
Spuddy

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Windham Weaponry MPC or Bushmaster Carbon 15
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »
no experience with the other one but my buddy has a carbon 15 bushy and its been a great little rifle. Sure is light!!
blue lives matter

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »
Well spuddy I'm from maine as well. The carbon 15's are ok but honeslty nothing I would wanna put alot of rounds through at once. As far as the WW goes it's made with the same machinery and same crew that made Bushmaster famous. (I accually put in a app. there myself being a machinist) The new bushmasters that are coming out of NY I haven't heard good things about at all.  Where did you see the WW at? I frequent the majority of the gun shops in maine. There are a few in Gray and Auburn I won't deal with anymore just do to them constantly trying to put the screws to me on trades.

Offline Spuddy

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 05:39:02 AM »
Simplicity,
Ben's Trading Post in Presque Isle.  They had a WW that lasted about three days.
Spuddy

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:53:48 AM »
Well that's one shop I haven't been to. I'm in Auburn ad work in scarborough at the moment so I frequent the majority of the shops down here.  I also just put in a App. at WW this morning.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »
I dont know. My buddy has shot his a ton and even has a bump fire stock on it and its held up just fine.
Well spuddy I'm from maine as well. The carbon 15's are ok but honeslty nothing I would wanna put alot of rounds through at once. As far as the WW goes it's made with the same machinery and same crew that made Bushmaster famous. (I accually put in a app. there myself being a machinist) The new bushmasters that are coming out of NY I haven't heard good things about at all.  Where did you see the WW at? I frequent the majority of the gun shops in maine. There are a few in Gray and Auburn I won't deal with anymore just do to them constantly trying to put the screws to me on trades.
blue lives matter