Author Topic: Herman Cain accused..  (Read 3360 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Herman Cain accused..
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:24:35 AM »
  Herman Cain accused of being "sexually suggestive", allegedly making 2 women employed by the National Restaurant Assn feel 'uncomfortable'.... butapparently not so uncomfortable that they didn't take the money and run..  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/67194.html

Of course, we should consider the source, Politico used to be somewhat fair & balanced but recently has slid off into left field.
  While this is not nearly as egregious as the Clinton/Lewinsky situation, it still could have 'legs'.  Of course, we should keep in mind that Cain is rapidly rising in the polls so obviously he should expect some purely false attacks.  We all can remember the false attack on Clarence Thomas can't we ?
  If the attackers are left wing..it is no surprise..we should expect that whether true or not !  If it is by one of his right wing rivals, let's hope the real truth comes out...then depending upon where the truth is ..SOMEBODY will be in a hurt..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Herman Cain accused..
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:34:05 AM »
just saw it on the news.  nobody will name names and are vague about what was said.
I'm not saying he's innocent, but let his accusers step forward and speak up.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 01:37:48 AM »
Sure smacks of what they did to Clarance Thomas. 

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:33:46 AM »
This charge would be a vote-getter if Herman were a liberal--not enough to win, but it would difinitely raise his numbers.
Swingem

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:26:34 AM »
+1 magooch. It's all in the marketing.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 03:33:57 AM »
Names can't be released if people received money since they signed releases to not discuss the case....wait and see...Cain camp has not denied the allegations...

On a bright note Herman Cain noted in his foreign policy cramming studies ...''That pizza comes from the boot shaped country."...  ::) ;D

..TM7
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  Guess that beats "57 states", "Corpse-man"..or "ignore Iran with it's nukes...  ;)   ;D   ;D
  I seriously doubt Herman will be caught kissing the hand of Muslim potentates.. ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:25 AM »
I saw a program called 'american eats' and I believe they said pizza started in Greece.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline fatercat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 06:28:49 AM »
he is far better than what we have now!!!!!!    don't care .  all of us have(men) have had less than honorable thoughts.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 09:03:40 AM »
Names can't be released if people received money since they signed releases to not discuss the case....wait and see...Cain camp has not denied the allegations...

On a bright note Herman Cain noted in his foreign policy cramming studies ...''That pizza comes from the boot shaped country."...  ::) ;D

..TM7
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  Guess that beats "57 states", "Corpse-man"..or "ignore Iran with it's nukes...  ;)   ;D   ;D
  I seriously doubt Herman will be caught kissing the hand of Muslim potentates.. ;D

Quit picking on all the black politicians IG... ;) ;) ;) ;D

Must be the ''Kiss of Death" form the looks of things.... :o

..TM7
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    I don't have to pick on black candidates..other blacks and liberals do a good job of it !  Consider Clarence Thomas, Allen West and now Herman Cain...
  It's not conservatives calling these fine men names like "Oreo", "house n-----" or "uncle Tom".  Just think back; every time one of the black people running for office are called such derogatory names, it is either another black person, a liberal or both...who have done the name-calling.... never a conservative.
  Why Jesse Jackson even wanted to do bodily harm to B. Hussein Obama..but he didn't have his gelding knife with him.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »

..TM7

Quit picking on all the black politicians IG... ;) ;) ;) ;D

Must be the ''Kiss of Death" form the looks of things.... :o

..TM7
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    I don't have to pick on black candidates..other blacks and liberals do a good job of it !  Consider Clarence Thomas, Allen West and now Herman Cain...
  It's not conservatives calling these fine men names like "Oreo", "house n-----" or "uncle Tom".  Just think back; every time one of the black people running for office are called such derogatory names, it is either another black person, a liberal or both...who have done the name-calling.
  Why Jesse Jackson even wanted to do bodily harm to B. Hussein Obama..but he didn't have his gelding knife with him.  ;D   ;D   ;D
LOL ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 02:45:07 AM »
Don't know if this is the end of this outrageous behavior by Cain, but it is said that he made a comment on how tall (short) the women were--"just like his wife."  How can anyone reach positions of authority and leadership and be so crass as to make such ludicrous profane utterances?
Swingem

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »
This whole affair shows the neurotic desperate fear of the left when a black conservative achieves celebrity. 

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 02:28:20 AM »
IG...who did you say released this Cain 'picadillo' information...Ricky Perry...?.... ;D

..TM7
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    No, actually it was right there..at least as far as they traced it yet..   politico.com...

As far as who gave this allegation to them is anybody's guess.  Could be Perry ..or Romney..
    Cain seems to think it may be some black liberals.  He says that For himself, Rep.  Allen West (R-FL) and Rep. Tim  Scott (R-SC) all running successful campaigns as conservatives would be embarrassing for them.  To have so many conservatives of all types of people voting for them, destroys the liberal facade called "racism" which  they have worked so hard to produce over the last few decades.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 04:05:15 AM »
Where there's smoke, there's fire? The plot thickens!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45127490/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/

Cain accuser got a year's salary in severance pay

The National Restaurant Association gave $35,000 — a year’s salary — in severance pay to a female staff member in the late 1990s after an encounter with Herman Cain, its chief executive at the time, made her uncomfortable working there, three people with direct knowledge of the payment said on Tuesday.   
The woman was one of two whose accusations of sexual harassment by Mr. Cain, now a Republican candidate for president, led to paid severance agreements during his 1996-99 tenure as the association’s chief. Disclosure of the cases has rocked Mr. Cain’s campaign just as he was surging in polls.
Further challenging Mr. Cain, a lawyer for the second woman called on the restaurant association to release her from a confidentiality agreement signed as part of her settlement, raising the prospect that she could publicly dispute Mr. Cain’s account of what happened. The lawyer said the confidentiality agreement had left her unable to respond to Mr. Cain’s dismissal of the complaints against him as a “witch hunt” or to his denials of any inappropriate behavior toward the women.
“He’s basically saying: ‘I never harassed anyone. These claims have no merit,’ ” said the lawyer, Joel P. Bennett of Washington, who represented the woman in her initial agreement. “And I’m sure my client would have a comeback to that.”
The precise nature of the encounters between Mr. Cain and the two women remained murky. He has said over the past two days that he joked with one of the women about her height, but he has not addressed what happened with the first woman — the one who received the $35,000 payment, according to the people who knew of it — or even acknowledged there was an incident with her. Her friends and colleagues said she had told them at the time that she was upset about the situation.
The developments put new pressure on Mr. Cain’s campaign, as his own accounts evolved over a second day on Tuesday and new details raised questions over exactly what had taken place at the association. And his shifting answers continued to raise questions about the capabilities of a campaign that seasoned party hands still view with skepticism.
Asked during an interview on the Fox News Channel on Tuesday night whether he would ask the association to comply with Mr. Bennett’s request, Mr. Cain said, “I can’t give you a definitive answer on that until we consult with our attorneys.”
He added that there could be “legal implications” if the women were released from confidentiality agreements, though he did not say what those implications might be.
A spokeswoman for the restaurant association, Sue Hensley, said that Mr. Bennett “has not been in contact with the association,” and that “if we are contacted by Mr. Bennett, we will respond as appropriate.”
She did not address questions about the details of the $35,000 severance arrangement with the other woman. A spokesman for Mr. Cain, J.D. Gordon, also declined to discuss the details of the arrangement.
Asked about the encounter that had left the woman uncomfortable working with Mr. Cain, according to friends and former colleagues, Mr. Gordon said, “Mr. Cain has already explained the situation in some detail in numerous public appearances.”
Four people with contemporaneous knowledge of the incident said the encounter had taken place in the context of a work outing during which there was heavy drinking, a hallmark, they said, of outings with an organization that represents the hospitality industry. They spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid being publicly drawn into the dispute, and declined to provide details of the encounter, saying they did not want to violate the privacy of the woman.
Two of them said that other factors had been involved in her severance, and that other, less-loaded issues had been making her unhappy at the association. But they said the encounter with Mr. Cain had added an emotional charge, and contributed to the size of her payment. One former colleague familiar with the details said such a severance was not common, especially for an employee with the woman’s years at the association and her pay grade.
The situation with the other woman appeared to be more in keeping with a standard settlement related to harassment allegations, though she never filed suit in a case that, one person familiar with her accusations said, included “more than one” alleged incident that made her feel uncomfortable.
Mr. Cain has at times seemed to conflate the situations with the two women. Appearing to speak about the terms of the formal settlement with Mr. Bennett’s client on Monday, he said she had received perhaps three months of severance — this after at first saying he knew of no severance.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 05:00:30 AM »
Where there's smoke, there's fire? The plot thickens!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45127490/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/

Cain accuser got a year's salary in severance pay

The National Restaurant Association gave $35,000 — a year’s salary — in severance pay to a female staff member in the late 1990s after an encounter with Herman Cain, its chief executive at the time, made her uncomfortable working there, three people with direct knowledge of the payment said on Tuesday....

Further challenging Mr. Cain, a lawyer for the second woman called on the restaurant association to release her from a confidentiality agreement signed as part of her settlement, raising the prospect that she could publicly dispute Mr. Cain’s account of what happened. The lawyer said the confidentiality agreement had left her unable to respond to Mr. Cain’s dismissal of the complaints against him as a “witch hunt” or to his denials of any inappropriate behavior toward the women. ...

Four people with contemporaneous knowledge of the incident said the encounter had taken place in the context of a work outing during which there was heavy drinking, ... They spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid being publicly drawn into the dispute, and declined to provide details of the encounter, saying they did not want to violate the privacy of the woman.

Two of them said that other factors had been involved in her severance, and that other, less-loaded issues had been making her unhappy at the association.  ...

The situation with the other woman appeared to be more in keeping with a standard settlement related to harassment allegations, ...
Typical, after voluntarily signing a confidentiality agreement, and receiving a settlement, the alleged victim now wants another crack at trying to get more money.

You did note that there were "other factors" involved in her severance.  I wonder what those were?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 05:37:48 AM »
An interesting article on how Sex Harassment Law suit actually work:

Facts are optional How sex-harass suits work By KURT SCHLICHTER
 Last Updated: 12:10 AM, November 2, 2011
 Posted: 10:53 PM, November 1, 2011
             More Print   When you consider that, more than a decade ago, Herman Cain settled some unspecified sexual-harassment claims, you also need to consider that the only things you need to file a lawsuit are the filing fee and a printer. Facts are optional.
Maybe Cain did harass some employees. But the dirty little secret among lawyers that defend business people from lawsuits -- and among those lawyers who bring them -- is that an enormous percentage of such claims are frivolous, if not flat-out lies.
Concepts like “truth” and “justice” have little meaning in the world of big-money litigation. Thanks to ravenous plaintiffs’ lawyers empowered by the politicians they buy with campaign contributions, every business person is in the crosshairs.
   Stacked deck: Most sexual-harassment charges, like those against Herman Cain, are settled out of court. height=300 EPA  Stacked deck: Most sexual-harassment charges, like those against Herman Cain, are settled out of court.       Lawsuits are so expensive to defend that it makes good business sense to settle even the most frivolous cases. And businesses do.
TV and movies would have you believe that most lawsuits end up with a jury hearing the evidence and rendering a verdict. That almost never happens. Close to 97 percent of civil cases never see a courtroom. The vast majority settle, with the business paying good money to end the nightmare -- money that could have gone to hiring struggling young people, buying new equipment or expanding.
And, as Herman Cain has learned, you never really can buy your peace. The accusers apparently signed nondisclosure agreements so that Cain and his company could put the accusations behind them. A lot of good that did. Whether it was the accusers or others who revealed the claims, the effort to buy peace now looks like wasted money.
In the world of sexual-harassment law, the accusations are bad enough. You’re guilty until proven innocent. The law is skewed toward the plaintiffs -- it’s hard to get even the silliest charges tossed out, and even then it often costs upward of six figures to do so.
Businesses almost never collect their legal fees back after defeating frivolous claims, but a winning plaintiff usually does. And when the lawyer is working on a contingency, taking 40 percent or more of the haul and fronting the costs of the suit, there’s little incentive not to march down to the courthouse and file even the flimsiest case.
Even what constitutes “sexual harassment” has crossed from common sense into farce. In the 1970s, my mother was a lawyer who faced the real thing as one of the very few women in a testosterone-fueled district attorney’s office. Today, women are at or near parity with men in most every field, and are even ahead of them among entrants to the professions.
Yet where sexual-harassment law once protected women from being forced to be the playthings of crude lechers, it’s been transformed to enforcing a prim puritanism that drains the humor and humanity from the workplace. People are afraid to make an innocent joke or compliment a co-worker’s appearance for fear of crossing some unspoken line that will bring down the wrath of the human-resources department.
The effect on our politics is just as bad. It seems the interlude in which sexual-harassment claims were disregarded as meaningless ended when Bill Clinton left office and such allegations once again became a useful cudgel to bash conservatives.
So instead of talking about policies that might rescue the country from the disaster of Obamanomics, we will spend days or weeks hearing nothing but how, at some unspecified time, some unspecified people accused Cain of some unspecified things and resolved their unspecified claims for unspecified amounts.
Maybe he did do something wrong, but we may never learn his side beyond generic press releases. Cain probably can’t even discuss it -- he himself might be bound by the nondisclosure agreements and to even offer his side of the story could breach them.
But don’t expect the media to explain that when they run footage of him repeating “no comment” to the barrage of questions he’s no doubt going to face. Cain is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn’t -- and the liberal media is going to damn well enjoy harassing him.
Kurt Schlichter is a trial attorney defending businesses in civil litigation.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/facts_are_optional_MGlu78c7RflvWKMH5eUuvM#ixzz1cZ9gVelm

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 05:48:55 AM »
A few years before I retired, we were told that if one of the ladies in the office showed up looking real nice, DON'T complement her.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »
On the bright side, Bill Clinton is reportedly considering endorsing Cain, because in Bill's opinion, "Herman is the only one I see behaving like I think a president should". :o :o :o

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »
 Now the third woman shows up, I think Cain's goose is cooked regardless if he is culpable or not.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »
Likely, if the lawsuit was really frivolous,,,the insurance company for Cain's Corp, and Director Cain, would have let it go to court and it would have been dismissed..the case goes away..and the plaintiff may be open to some counter suit, too and court costs.  However, if there seems to be some 'culpability' they would try to limit financial exposure and settle out of court, especially if damages could be potentially huge, or a criminal charge might result..

I agree, the sexual harassment charge is a funny game....but to what degree Hermain got caught in the web is not known at this point. Looks to me he got caught doing something he ought not to have done...will have to wait and see.

..TM7
That's definitely a false statement.  I personally know of a case in the 80's, where a person (male black) was suing a state agency for false arrest (theft of services - refusing to pay the cab fare).  He alleged that the (three) officers and Sergeant involved in the arrest made the arrest only because he was black.  The plaintiff stated that all the arresting personnel were white and that they took the (white male) complainants' side because they were all prejudiced against him.

The state agency originally made an offer to settle with him for $50,000.  The plaintiff refused, ordering his attorney to pursue the case, stating that he wouldn't settle for less than half a million dollars.  When the case went to an exam before trial, all the personnel who were involved in the case had to be available for a hearing.  The LEO's who appeared for the case were: one Black, one Hispanic, and one White officer.  The Sergeant who responded was a male Asian.  The actual complainant was a hispanic looking female SW Asian (Indian) female.  All information was documented on the police reports, TLC (Taxi & Limousine Commission) reports and police memo books. 

When the plaintiffs attorney realized what a "story line" his client had sold him, he attempted to settle the case for $10,000, the state agency was still willing to settle to close the case, going as high as $25,000 in an attempt to settle. His client refused to budge, swearing that everyone was involved in a conspiracy against him, and that all the people who showed up weren't  the people involved in the case.  The case eventually went forward where the case was eventually thrown out as a frivolous lawsuit.  When I asked why the state agency's attorney was still willing to settle when they knew the plaintiff was lying.  The state agency's attorney stated, it was less costly, and that juries were unpredictable.  The complainant in the original case who was named as a co-defendant in the damages case never recovered any court costs or damages.

Since then, the states policy has been changed.  Now they try to make every case against the state, go to court, hoping to have them thrown out without payment of damages.

scatterbrain - This entire scenario reminds me of the Clarence Thomas case.  I think that if Cain can get past these allegations, he is in for the long run.  Especially if he isn't culpable, after all, a man is innocent until proven guilty correct?

Offline magooch

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:31 AM »
Okay, so now Obama is going to have to try to top Cain, or be faced with a movement to get Cain nominated as the Dumycrat candidate. 
Swingem

Offline jimster

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »
I think it's pretty normal to have this kind of thing going on when your running for the presidency.  Bush Sr accused of having an affair, Bush Jr a bunch of stuff...Clinton and the Jennifer thing popped up,  Obama had his deals too.  It's all part of the game.  How you handle it is also part of the game I guess. Sheesh, I can only imagine what they would find on me or make up, or just add some stuff to make it real juicy.   

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »

Hold on here OSR.....that's what I said.  Here's what I said:

Likely, if the lawsuit was really frivolous,,,the insurance company for Cain's Corp, and Director Cain, would have let it go to court and it would have been dismissed..the case goes away..and the plaintiff may be open to some counter suit, too and court costs.  However, if there seems to be some 'culpability' they would try to limit financial exposure and settle out of court, especially if damages could be potentially huge, or a criminal charge might result..

Then you concluded you commentary with:

The complainant in the original case who was named as a co-defendant in the damages case never recovered any court costs or damages.

Since then, the states policy has been changed.  Now they try to make every case against the state, go to court, hoping to have them thrown out without payment of damages.

That's what I said...no false statement!!.

...TM7

And this is what I said:   "When I asked why the state agency's attorney was still willing to settle when they knew the plaintiff was lying.  The state agency's attorney stated, it was less costly, and that juries were unpredictable.  The complainant in the original case who was named as a co-defendant in the damages case never recovered any court costs or damages.

So what's your point? I really don't see your point.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »

..TM7
..........................................  Especially if he isn't culpable, after all, a man is innocent until proven guilty correct?

That would be nice if it was correct in all cases.

I can think of at least three situations were it isn't.

Sexual harassment or sexual conduct with a minor. You could be Lilly White but the stink hangs on for ever.

Customs

Fish& Wildlife

Offline DDZ

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 11:06:33 PM »
Juanita Broderick accused Clinton of raping her and the media never talked about it. Now we have Cain accused of sexual harassment, which today might mean something as simple as telling a women that she looks sexy, and the media can't stop talking about it.
No one has come forward to even say what it is Cain has done or said, and the media is ready to crucify him. Its kind of easy to see that the leftist media just plain hate him, because of what he stands for.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 12:38:39 AM »
I'll pick up a national enquirer and get the truth. ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 05:12:53 AM »
I'll pick up a national enquirer and get the truth. ;D
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Bugeye;
      Probably much closer to the truth than then New York Times or Washington Com-post... ;)   ;D   :P
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   TM;
    I have a friend/neighbor who operates a trucking company, gravel operation and serves the construction industry ..about 100 trucks, mostly 18 wheelers.  Most bogus cases he is faced with his insurance co. settles out of court, if they can keep the settlement under 5 figures....simply because fighting it can cost much more in many cases.
   In many cases (such as Cain's) involving "discrimination", "sexual harrassment", or "cruelty to animals"..essentially you are "guilty until proven innocent ".  Shouldn't  be like that, but it is !!

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 05:20:10 AM »

The point is if it is a really frivolous case and the accused seems really without culpability; the insurer, or the State in your case, may let it go courts and get the case dismissed....that's the cheapest thing to do, but you better not have any culpability.  In Cain's case there was a settlement in 1, 2, or possiblely up to 3 cases now.  You can draw your own conclusions.

..TM7
TM - What I was trying to point out, was that the state (and the state's insurer) felt it was cheaper to settle than to waste money defending the case, even without culpabilty.  Defending the case in the courts is not the cheapest way to get a case settled.  Ask any attorney, that's why we need legal tort reform.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 05:32:32 AM »
Let's just back up a little and look at the Cain Sexual Harassment allegations. 

This was copied from the NY Post, Thursday, Nov. 3, 2011, Andrea Peyser.

This is what Herman Cain is not accused of doing:
1.Touching someone uninvited.
2.Propositioning a lady not his wife.
3.Making raunchy jokes or, heck, telepathically broadcasting them.

This is what Politico.com accused Cain of doing 15 years ago:  "There were also descriptions of physical gestures that were not overtly sexual, but that made women who experienced or witnessed them uncomfortable and that they regarded as improper in a professional relationship."

Huh?

Question: What's more threatening to liberal rule than a black, conservative Republican presidential front runner?  Answer Candidate Barack Obama.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 06:08:20 AM »
I'm waiting for the fourth and fifth woman( however many as it takes) to come out with more allegations.

BTW.If a man has those tendencies, they run in a pattern. You need to switch parties to get away with some of it. :(