Author Topic: Herman Cain accused..  (Read 3356 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Herman Cain accused..
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 08:32:41 AM »
I'm waiting for the fourth and fifth woman( however many as it takes) to come out with more allegations.

BTW.If a man has those tendencies, they run in a pattern. You need to switch parties to get away with some of it. :(
scatter - So what your saying is that if I wish to sexually harass women, I should change parties?  ;D ;D ;D Is that a perk, of being a Democrat?  ;D ;D ;D Sign those perverts up!  ;) ;D ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »
   "Allegations"..not facts, but allegations..and then only a " not sexual and not overt..but something  which makes her "uncomfortable".  Whew..2 degrees temperature difference in a room can make my wife "uncomfortable', in fact no change at all, can do it also..if her thermostat is a bit off.
    Cain seems to be doing OK in polls done since the "allegations".  This game along with the "racism" accusation has been played so often, it's losing any punch it ever had.  Unless these accusers can come up with something solid...they will, along with their "allegations" be considered just more politically motivated, lying opportunists.
   These "allegations" may just help him, if voters think he has been falsely accused.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 02:01:23 PM »
"Nice dress" is considered sexual harassment now.  So is "You're looking good today."

And what are "vague gestures?"  Obama habitually used his middle finger to point with during the campaign - was that a "vague gesture" that should be taken as sexually suggestive?
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 07:02:32 AM »
scatter - So what your saying is that if I wish to sexually harass women, I should change parties?  ;D ;D ;D Is that a perk, of being a Democrat?  ;D ;D ;D Sign those perverts up!  ;) ;D ;D

Yes, to your questions. Left wingers are given way more lee way in anything they do or say. Nothing new or surprising there.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »
  We'll just have to see how it all shakes out...
  As Scatter said above, as with the worn out charge of "racism", such complaints from the left..against the right are so common and so often of no import, that people are becoming inured to them.  A perceptive person can see a great deal of skullduggery right in this media account;
   http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57318924-503544/herman-cain-accuser-stands-by-complaint-wont-go-public/
       Out of the blue comes an anonymous woman who accuses Cain of impropriety.  She won't say what the claim is, won't say who she is....and says she can't speak about it "because of a silencing clause".  When the National Restaurant Assn says "go ahead and talk"...suddenly she clams up and claims it was many years ago she would rather forget about it !
   Then why in blue blazes did she come forward in the first place...if she doesn't want to talk about it ?

Something fishy here....

Remember, none of the women have claimed any touching or groping went on, in fact they already said it didn't.  Can we assume nobody here have used an off-color word or innuendo in mixed company..even 15 or16 years ago ?
   This sounds like a fishing expedition by either a Republican rival or an liberal action committee.  If this proves bogus, there is a good chance whoever played in the mud, will end up with some on their face..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 05:00:55 AM »
If this came from a Repub competitor I say yes. If it comes from the left( my guess) , the melody/stench will linger and the culprit gets a pass.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
Time for the Cain-inites to circle the wagons and concoct a revised explanation!
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/07/8684597-fourth-woman-details-sexual-harassment-allegations-against-cain

Fourth woman details sexual harassment allegations against Cain

A fourth woman, Sharon Bialek, leveled new allegations of sexual harassment against Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain at a press conference on Monday.
Bialek, a former employee of the National Restaurant Association's educational foundation, accused Cain of making an inappropriate advance toward her in 1997, when she visited Cain in Washington, D.C. to seek his assistance in finding a new job. She appeared at a press conference arranged by attorney Gloria Allred.
Bialek accused Cain of touching her in an inappropriate manner during her visit to D.C., where Cain was still serving as president of the restaurant association. When she rebuffed him, Cain said, "You want a job, right?" per Bialek's retelling.
Cain's spokesman denied the new allegations in a statement while the press conference was under way.
"Just as the country finally begins to refocus on our crippling $15 trillion national debt and the unacceptably high unemployment rate, now activist celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred is bringing forth more false accusations against the character of Republican front-runner Herman Cain," said J.D. Gordon, referring to the attorney, Allred, who is representing Bialek.
"All allegations of harassment against Mr. Cain are completely false. Mr. Cain has never harassed anyone. Fortunately the American people will not allow Mr. Cain's bold '9-9-9 Plan,' clear foreign policy vision and plans for energy independence to be overshadowed by these bogus attacks," Gordon added.
Bialek is the fourth woman to have accused Cain of harassment during his tenure as the top official at the restaurant lobby. The association settled with two of them, and a third woman was reported last week by the Associated Press. None of these women have made public their identities, and NBC News hasn't independently verified the stories of the third woman or Bialek.
But Bialek said that the new allegations had prompted her to go public.
"Now I'm coming forward to give a face and a voice to those women who cannot, or, for whatever reasons, do not wish to come forward, and on behalf of all women who are sexually harassed in the workplace but do not come out of fear of retaliation or public humiliation," she said.
"I really didn't want to be here today, and wouldn't have been here if it had not been for the three other women who have alleged sexual harassment against Mr. Cain," she added. "I want you, Mr. Cain, to come clean. Just admit what you did; admit that you were inappropriate to people ... Mr. Cain, I implore you, make this right so you and the country can move forward and focus on the real issues at hand."
Cain's campaign has endured a week's worth of story about accusations regarding sexual harassment, but has steadfastly denied that Cain engaged in any such activities. An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday found that a majority of Republicans were unconcerned by the allegations.
Allred said that Bialek had no plans to file a lawsuit or sell her story. Bialek said she confronted Cain at a Tea Party event a month ago in Chicago where Cain admitted recognizing her before he was whisked away.
"If all of these allegations by all of the women who have been reported to have made them are true, then I, for one, am disgusted at Mr. Cain's serial sexual harassment of women," said Allred, the famously combative attorney. "Because Mr. Cain, while running for president, is actively lying to Americans, showing disdain for our common sense and intellect."

I will give the guy credit, She's better looking than Paula Jones 8) 8)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 12:01:40 PM »
  Shades of Anita Hill.......or....

Did she say anything about a blue dress ?

Offline powderman

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2011, 02:39:02 AM »
If Cain gets the Rep nomination he will most assuredly beat obummer. If the dems believe Cain guilty of having no morals or values, traits they cherish and value, then he could pretty well count on a lot of their votes. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 03:26:38 AM »
"Boys will be boys. But boys will never be president".    R.Reagan

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 03:32:21 AM »
has anyone checked her background ?  she's a loser that can't hold a job and uses bankruptcy to keep from paying her bills. twice.
I imagine she's being well paid for her allegations.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 03:51:19 AM »
As usual, it isn't the deed that breaks the deal, it is the obfuscation and denials that sinks the ship.  I have to wonder if Cain really is Presidential material if these so called sexual faux pas are true and he didn't have a stategy ready to deal with it.  When the first hint of scandal came up, he should have said, yup, I've had my moments and done some things when the wrong head was thinking, but overall I've managed to control my urges. 

Herman Cain seems to be an A type personality--a go getter and it wouldn't be surprising that he would be at least somewhat aggressive sexually.  Hey, I wasn't planning on voting for Cain anyway and I sure as heck don't like rationalizing for him.
Swingem

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 04:36:02 AM »
"has anyone checked her background ?  she's a loser that can't hold a job and uses bankruptcy to keep from paying her bills. twice."

Imagine that and she is even a republican according to ABC news this morning. I didn't think republicans did that sort of thing. :o
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 05:01:38 AM »
"has anyone checked her background ?  she's a loser that can't hold a job and uses bankruptcy to keep from paying her bills. twice."

Imagine that and she is even a republican according to ABC news this morning. I didn't think republicans did that sort of thing. :o
GuzziJohn
the mayor of NYC calls himself a republican but is more liberal that obama.
I'm sure that her coaching by her lawyer included making that claim. :o
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:49 AM »
The alleged incident took place 14 years ago. She's a single mother with a 13 year old son.
Wonder if he looks like Herm?  :) ;) :D ;D :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-*
The pizza man delivers!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!

Offline powderman

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 05:19:35 AM »
GuzziJohn 
     Yes, some do, then they are recruited by the dems, thats where rinos come from. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 06:06:39 AM »
"Boys will be boys. But boys will never be president".    R.Reagan
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    OK Pat.... So how did we get Obama ?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 06:21:11 AM »

GuzziJohn
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  Well, she was hugging on her "harasser" just a month ago..look at the picture from the event in question..who's the one with their arm around whom ?   http://www.therightscoop.com/witness-cain-accuser-hugged-him-during-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago/

Maybe if she shows up at enough interviews with big clevage and low neckline...she can get a "reality show" with some depraved network... ;)   ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 07:11:08 AM »
  We don't know who is at fault..
  Sometimes political groups will try a really rotten "gotcha".
  Sometimes powerful men abuse their employees.
  Some women are seeking their 15 minutes of fame.

We will have to wait and see what seems more logical.  Now both Herman and the woman will be "under the magnifying glass"..  Let's see what is uncovered..

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 07:19:04 AM »
IG, I read that, plus it's all over the news.  even the liberal media is showing it.
eye-witnesses also described the meeting as one where Cain was completely neutral.
with her financial problems she saw a deep pocket on a democrat activist.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »
  Whenever Gloria Alred steps in...red flags go up; at least for me anyway.. :o

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »
This is going to get good!
We've got someone saying there's pictures of them together a month ago.
We've got Cain saying he doesn't even know her.
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/08/8703136-cain-calls-fourth-accuser-a-liar
Cain calls fourth accuser a liar
Herman Cain said a fourth woman who accused him of sexual harassment was lying, claiming Tuesday that he didn't know Sharon Bialek, or recollect any of the events she had claimed.

Offline NWBear

• A Real Regular
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

C'mon...quit accusing the victim(s) here..... ::)  Might as well face it the Godfather of Pizza got caught with is hands in the cookie jar... ::)

..TM7

From what I heard her say, he didn't quite get to the cookies... ;)

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »
NEWS FLASH:
Herman Cain announced that he has changed his party affiliation to Democrat. MSNBC starts investigation to find out just who these racists are that are making these unfounded allegations and ruin the reputation of a fine man.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/08/8703136-cain-calls-fourth-accuser-a-liar
Herman Cain said a fourth woman who accused him of sexual harassment was lying, claiming Tuesday that he didn't know Sharon Bialek, or recollect any of the events she had claimed.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   This is going to get interesting.  No surprise if Cain didn't know this woman.   I have worked on congressional campaigns for a personal friend (he served 3 terms) and we find that there are always somebody trying to get their picture taken while looking "chummy" with the candidate.  Remember the couple who crashed Obama's party...and nobody really knew them ?  They too  were looking for a "reality" show...and got one.. 
  I was at a small (perhaps 35 people) campaign doings where Sen Alphonse D'Amato was in attendance  as well as others.    Later, some people just dropped in off the street...  There was an attractive female comptroller type there, and some old guy asked his friend to snap a photo..as he started to put his arm around the lady.  He found out very quickly that such was not allowed !
    Anyway, we are getting more info on the accusers and it's beginning to look like a Demoncrat hit job;
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058983/Murky-past-Herman-Cain-accuser-Sharon-Bialek-starts-emerge.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/woman_obama_accused_herman_cain_YUPqjDLbeq89nhLTER8V6N

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jobless_shameless_gal_going_for_EODvX4qUTV8XoJwYqVF0LJ

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
   This is going to get interesting.  No surprise if Cain didn't know this woman.   I have worked on congressional campaigns for a personal friend (he served 3 terms) and we find that there are always somebody trying to get their picture taken while looking "chummy" with the candidate.  Remember the couple who crashed Obama's party...and nobody really knew them ?  They too  were looking for a "reality" show...and got one.. 
  I was at a small (perhaps 35 people) campaign doings where Sen Alphonse D'Amato was in attendance  as well as others.    Later, some people just dropped in off the street...  There was an attractive female comptroller type there, and some old guy asked his friend to snap a photo..as he started to put his arm around the lady.  He found out very quickly that such was not allowed !
    Anyway, we are getting more info on the accusers and it's beginning to look like a Demoncrat hit job;
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058983/Murky-past-Herman-Cain-accuser-Sharon-Bialek-starts-emerge.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/woman_obama_accused_herman_cain_YUPqjDLbeq89nhLTER8V6N

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jobless_shameless_gal_going_for_EODvX4qUTV8XoJwYqVF0LJ

And, that photo is likely Amy Jacobson, not Bialek. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 12:45:06 AM »
  Who is Amy Jacobson ?  This same person in varying dress, is shown by several news sources to be Bialek, so I doubt there is a mistake..

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 01:54:33 AM »
  Who is Amy Jacobson ?  This same person in varying dress, is shown by several news sources to be Bialek, so I doubt there is a mistake..

I should have edited the posts I was quoting.  Specifically, the photo from about a month ago supposedly showing them posing with their arms around each other at some political event. 

Amy Jacobson was a reporter in Chicago who a different station caught on film with her children and wearing a swim suit at the house of a man whose wife had disappeared and which story she was covering. 

A fair similarity to Bialek if not examined closely.   Look at the chin.  And compare that to the Kirk Douglass like dimple in the chin of Bialek.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 02:31:01 AM »
  OK ..had me wondering for a while..  That must have caused some bad days for the station which employed Amy.  Wasa it possibly an ambush by a rival station ? If so, it may be a similar pattern to rival political parties.

Looks like they are coming on pretty heavy with accusations..noe they want a press conference with all 4 accusers. 
Rather makes one won der who has been coordinating this from tyhe get-go.
  Meanwhile, Newt is still gradually climbing...but we can expect him to be attacked quite soon.  It gives a conservative a real cause for concern that the liberal media haven't attacked Romney.  Of course, they haven't attacked Johnson or Huntsman...but they aren't anywhere near leading.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 04:25:48 AM »
the second one to come to the microphone has sued another employer for not allowing her to work from home after a car wreck.
the democrats are terrified of Cain and Gingrich.  if newts poll numbers start climbing you'll see the same dirty tactics used on him.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye