Author Topic: obama loves expensive foot stools.  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: obama loves expensive foot stools.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:35 PM »
A few of the Obama lovers have seen the light, and can admit that he's a failed president. On the other hand, some will go down with the ship, just like the designer of the Titanic. It was the icebergs fault. And, make sure you put all the blame on the captain, not on the crew that was running the ship. Lets all blame Bush, when there was a Democrtic congress for the majority of his 2 terms. He doesn't have any respect for the office. Best thing that could happen to him, is to get voted out, be made ambasador to Kenya, and he can go put his feet up on a dead wildabeast in his half brothers hut. gypsyman
Question: why didn't Bush veto ANY of the spending bills the "Democrtic" congress put on his desk?
Answer: he was afraid they'd vote down his tax cuts for his billionaire friends.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
All together now..
  Everybody ask a question...then answer your own question..
    What do we call a guy like that ?  A "seeker of truth" ?  ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »
Junior, the tax cuts were set to go away all by themselves in late 2010, but the democratic congress and President Obama continued them, because if they hadn't it would have demolished whatever was left of the economy.
About the feet on the desk, Nixon did it a lot because he had some kind of medical condition that required it, and I remember that back then everyone, friend and foe alike, made that very clear, because it was totally uncouth and inappropriate.  Obama is absolutely a presidential train wreck.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »
Junior, your absolutly right. AND, I'll admit that Bush was wrong. Do you have the stones to say the same about Obama??gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »
Junior, your absolutly right. AND, I'll admit that Bush was wrong. Do you have the stones to say the same about Obama??gypsyman
Obama wrong about what?  Intensifying and refocusing the search for Osama bin Laden?  Having the "stones" to let the kill or capture mission go forward when those around him didn't?  Vastly increasing funding for the Predator drone program when the WWII mindsets wanted more troops on the ground?  Ending the war in Iraq? Stopping Great Depression II?  Just exactly what has the man done wrong? Put his feet on his desk? Horrors!

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 01:12:34 AM »
Obamacare,bailing out the unions and banks, and Wall Street. Spending millions and millions of dollars flying all over the world at our expense. All the czars being appointed without vetting. Hanging around with all the ''class people'' like Cap Susteen,Rev.Wright,weather underground people,shaking a leaders hand, instead of bowing down and kiss their ring. And, these were what I thought of in the first 45 seconds. Let me do some research and I'll be back!!gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 01:12:37 AM »
........  Come on now.  Be honest.  He looks like a jackass in those pictures.  He looks like an arrogant ass who has no respect for his position.  Doesn't he?
No.  He looks like a typical CEO of a large and failing company doing his best to keep the company afloat after the previous CEO almost sunk it.  Do you really think McCain & Palin would have done better if they had been elected? The bailouts were started by Bush and would have been continued by McCain.  Osama bin Laden would still be alive and we'd be sending more troops to Iraq instead of bringing them home.  And instead of a CIC who lets the generals fight the wars like they were trained to do, we'd have another micromanager running two wars from the Oval Office and telling the generals how to fight them.  Be honest yourself.  That's the truth and you know it.

Yes, Bush started the bailouts and it was the wrong thing to do.  McCain is irrelevant.  He didn't get elected and wasn't a good candidate.  Obama continued  failed Bush policy.  No way around that

Osama BinLaden would still be alive?  How do you figure?  Are you saying that only Obama has the brillience to say "Go get him" when the military and intelligence people tell him they have a shot?  Come on now.  That's foolish.  Whever was in office would have got that 'win'.

Obama lets the generals fight the war?  Good one.

Bush started the drawdown in Iraq and Obama followed the plan laid out before his election until last month when a failure in diplomacy initiated the full pull out by the end of the year.  We would not be sending more troops into Iraq.  That's just not true.  That is not based on any current events or conditions.  You are pulling it out of thin air.

No arguement based on what 'would have been' if someone else were president, or if Obama's policies hadn't been enacted is rational.  What has happened did happen and what is the current situation is the result.  I never said McCain would have been a good president because that it irrelevant and couldn't be demonstrated, even if I did think it were true.  I said Obama is a lousy president because that is relevant and demonstrable.

If you think your opinion is the truth and that I know it, you are living in the dream land that Obama's continued supporters inhabit.  There is no way to say you are getting what you were promised when you gave him your vote without the willful suspension of disbelief.

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 01:30:18 AM »
Obama wrong about what? .....(edited for space)....  Just exactly what has the man done wrong? Put his feet on his desk? Horrors!

What has he done wrong?  Excellent question.

The bailouts and the "Obama care' were two of the biggest handovers of taxpayer money to major corporations US history.  Corporate welfare on the highest order.  If Bush did it, you'd be howling in the streets.  How about a billion dollars handed to non-existant 'green energy' companies.  There weren't even businesses there.  Just paper companies belonging to lawyers who had handled the 'bundling' of campaign 'donations'.  Again, if a republican did it, you have a different perception.  His AG has put out an 'Executive Interpretation' of the Patriot Act (Bush's Patriot Act, I do believe.  Wasn't that one of the things that a vote for Obama was a vote against?)  which vastly expands the powers of the government at the expense of civil liberty. This interpretation has alarmed the congressmen who have seen it, but we can't see it because it's secret.  Obama promised transparency in government but has enacted executive privelage to keep government's actions hidden and secret like no administration has before.  This guy makes Cheney seem open and forthcoming.  A year or two ago, the Justice Department unilateraly decided that US Citizens don't have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" during a cell phone conversation if either end of that conversation is outdoors.  If you are in your house, the government isn't supposed to listen in without a warrant.  if you are outside, they can listen and record without a warrant.  How would the press have treated that little bit of domestic spying had it happened under the evil Bush/Cheney regime?  The list goes on.

Oh yeah, and another thing he did wrong.  He looked like a jackass in those pictures.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 02:07:42 AM »
So Obama and all future presidents can't travel?  So we should put the White House furniture in the Smithsonian and let each new occupant purchase their own?  Future Republican occupants, too?  Maybe we should just close the White House and let each new president buy a double-wide trailer and put it on the lawn.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »
Not a bad idea, Junior 1942.  Seriously, there is a lot of nuance in this.  I don't begrudge a man putting his feet up after a hard day, maybe a hard-fought victory.  But you don't do it in a meeting or while others are around.  The point is that Obama is a real klutz as president.  How about his trip to England, where he more or less insulted the queen - I don't recall the details - or the day he brought Bill Clinton into the White House, installed him behind a podium marked President of the United States and then walked away, like he even knew what a screw-up he was.  There has just been a steady drumbeat of gaffs and blunders which add up over time and demean the country.

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 02:25:18 AM »
So Obama and all future presidents can't travel?  So we should put the White House furniture in the Smithsonian and let each new occupant purchase their own?  Future Republican occupants, too?  Maybe we should just close the White House and let each new president buy a double-wide trailer and put it on the lawn.

Way to dodge the point.

Offline powderman

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 02:54:15 AM »
Obamacare,bailing out the unions and banks, and Wall Street. Spending millions and millions of dollars flying all over the world at our expense. All the czars being appointed without vetting. Hanging around with all the ''class people'' like Cap Susteen,Rev.Wright,weather underground people,shaking a leaders hand, instead of bowing down and kiss their ring. And, these were what I thought of in the first 45 seconds. Let me do some research and I'll be back!!gypsyman

GYPSYMAN. Good start. Cancelling natl prayer day 2 yrs in a row sure didn't help America either, and how about backing the OWS scum, or acorn, etc?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 03:01:50 AM »

Way to dodge the point.
Not a dodge.  Just tired of pointless points.  You could find something wrong with the way Obama wears his underwear.  Just keep in mind that any limits you put on this president will apply to all future presidents including, God forbid, future Republican presidents. 

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 03:14:04 AM »
Junior you will have to sew your mouth shut for all future presidents, If you except what this clown is doing. You will never be able to express any dissatisfaction with any, passed or present.
If you look at my old post during the bush years you will see I think, he should on a daily bases, have his ass kicked from the border to border of Texas. Mccain worse.
I put him almost in the same boat as the clown.
We both have a lot to lose with these jackasses we put in but you will have to admit even if it is to a beer can in some remote corner of a run down bordello. this clown is the worst and with a hidden background.
Think about his cost to India and tell me, was that nesessary?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 04:15:48 AM »
Obama wrong about what?  Intensifying and refocusing the search for Osama bin Laden?  Having the "stones" to let the kill or capture mission go forward when those around him didn't?  Vastly increasing funding for the Predator drone program when the WWII mindsets wanted more troops on the ground?  Ending the war in Iraq? Stopping Great Depression II?  Just exactly what has the man done wrong ?  Put his feet on his desk ? Horrors ?
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Junior;
        It was not just his desk; it also was almost every piece of furniture in the oval office.  Did you notice that nobody else in the office acted so uincouth ?
   If you don't understand where such an act is so crude, perhaps you have the same problem...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Casull

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 06:23:46 AM »
If you believe this, or anybody else, you should join up with your local OWS movement and get heard....

Sorry, but ows isn't protesting these so much as wanting something for nothing.  I make my own way and don't have anything in common with those that don't.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 06:27:28 AM »
Naw TM, don't have time for that. But, at least I'll tell you when I think somebody did something wrong. I will not be like a PeeWee Herman, and put my hands over my ears and scream LALALA when I don't have the guts to admit when I think somebody did wrong. Or admit that somebody has a valid view point other than my own. gypsyman

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »

If you believe this, or anybody else, you should join up with your local OWS movement and get heard....

TM7

No.  Thank you...but no.

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »

Way to dodge the point.
Not a dodge.  Just tired of pointless points.  You could find something wrong with the way Obama wears his underwear.  Just keep in mind that any limits you put on this president will apply to all future presidents including, God forbid, future Republican presidents.

You though my points were pointless?  Not sure if my post is what you mean.  If so, OK.  I guess we have to agree to disagree.  Personally, I thought I laid out a few fair points considering the off-the-cuff pace I was writing at.  But if you disagree then I won't waste your time with it.

Just to address the last line of your post (quoted with emphasis added by me)  I have no problem with hamstringing any politician of any party.  These fools have only the (legal) authority to spend my money and to make war.  That being the way I see it; I welcome gridlock.  When the media catterwalls about Congressional gridlock or the Presiden't not being able to "get anything done" I just look at what happens when they do get things done.  Refer back to my previous post about Obama's interpretation of Bush's Patriot Act.  There we see a repugnant piece of freedom killing cancer being metasticised by the next Fool in Chief.  I say go ahead and tie Obama's hands, especially if it ties the next guy's hands.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
The war in Iraq ended? When was this? The last time I checked it was still very much on there.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2011, 05:24:02 AM »
The war in Iraq ended? When was this? The last time I checked it was still very much on there.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  It ends for us ..when he pulls the troops out..has to.. ;D

Won't be so funny though, when Amadijahd moves in to take over where Saddam (the other Hussein) left off.  The best military heads are warning him of his mistake..but the "neighborhood organizer" knows better than the generals..

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 08:08:43 AM »
The muslim brother hood that the clown is aiding though out the middle east is worse than anyone we have fought there. The clown is helping the worst group unify across the whole of the middle east.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2011, 12:33:15 PM »
  He has aided the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, and Libya and has sent troops to hjelp the muslims in central Africa.  now it looks like he wants to help them in Syria..

Offline powderman

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »
The muslim brother hood that the clown is aiding though out the middle east is worse than anyone we have fought there. The clown is helping the worst group unify across the whole of the middle east.

BRIARPATCH. YEP, I've been saying this all along, imam obamas  goal there is to have ONE rule, one sharia mindset throughout the mideast. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline wncchester

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 03:18:25 PM »
"Is that what they teach the spoiled brats at.. "Hahvaad" ? "

You are very close to the truth there; that sliding/slouching down and constant foot proping is typical of teens.  We have a man-child POTUS.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 12:58:10 AM »
"Is that what they teach the spoiled brats at.. "Hahvaad" ? "

You are very close to the truth there; that sliding/slouching down and constant foot proping is typical of teens.  We have a man-child POTUS.

Right on, bro! And hey, have a look at this Uppity Negro - who the heck does this hood rat think he is, putting feet on furniture in the WHITE HOUSE?!?

It's a fundamental lack of respect for the office. Clearly a MOOSLIM, along with his homie:

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 02:02:13 AM »
Bush seems to be in the oval office, I don't know where Ford is. Maybe oval office.
Yes, not a very respectable thing to do. My guess they all did it, thats what politicians do. Disrespect taxpayer property.
To me these three men are of the same mold. Ford helped cover up an assassination and Bush gave the clown his position along with the patriot act.
The big difference is, the clown has an IQ below the shoes on the other two. Which ain't saying much. MHO

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 03:19:50 AM »
    So, if these guys did that, somebody should have slapped their ankles also.  Don't forget, just because Georgie or Jerry did something wrong, in no way does it make it right if B hussein does the same thing.  To take such a position is a completely juvenile stance.
   Should the traitor named Anwar al-Awlaki been forgiven, simply because a guy named Benedict Arnold was a traitor at one time also ?
  As far as Jerry Ford is concerned, he was almost as bumbling as his successor "Jimmie"..... he couldn't walk and chew gum concurrently..

Offline Casull

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 04:32:40 AM »
Yep, yellowtail found the single photo of Bush doing that.  Same photo every other site has.  Apparently it was a pretty rare occurence for him (unlike the regular habit of obama).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 04:58:23 AM »
  As far as Jerry Ford is concerned, he was almost as bumbling as his successor "Jimmie"..... he couldn't walk and chew gum concurrently..

That may have been the image, but it was a false one, held by people who confused Chevy Chase with President Ford. Fact is, Jerry Ford was in very good shape as President, and probably the most athletic of any than any pres in 20th century, until Dubya came along. The 'Ford was a bumbler' bit is simply untrue, even if oft-repeated by lazy journalists and gullible readers who'll believe anything.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.