Author Topic: Info on Burris E1  (Read 393 times)

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
Info on Burris E1
« on: November 01, 2011, 12:25:09 AM »
Hi, has anyone had a chance to handle or get an up close look at the new Burris Fullfield E1? I want to know if the power ring turns separate from the ocular bell. The Fullfield II all turns together. Can't find one locally and the pics online look like it's separate but the description is not clear to me. Has anyone tried one and if so what did you think of it. Thanks!

Offline jy951

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (60)
  • Contributor
Re: Info on Burris E1
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that the power ring turns separate from the eyepiece.  I think one reason for the design was so you could use the flip up caps.

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »
I haven't handled one, but from what I can find out, the power ring is independent of the eyepiece now.  One of the reviews on Burris' web site confirms it:  http://randywakeman.com/Burris-Fullfield-E1-Riflescopes.htm about half-way down the page, just before the picture of the new reticle, it says:
typically, you turn the entire eyepiece in a Burris Fullfield to change power, not just a ring. Burris likely feels this is a technically superior design; it may well be. If you use flip-up caps on the eyepiece, though, you may not have appreciated it as your flipped up cap rotates in concert with the eyepiece. This is not the case with the E1 scopes, that have a power ring that operates independently of the ocular end of the scope. Many will quickly notice and appreciate this.

Hope this helps.

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 04:07:03 AM »
Thanks, that was what I've been looking for. Thought I checked the website when I first saw them. Have checked other sites and couldn't be sure. I like my Fullfield but not the one piece part. Nobody seems to handle them around here for a hands on look. I need the focus ring on the back or I have turn the others till I'm afraid the bell will fall off :(   Maybe I need glasses ::)  Thanks for responding.