Author Topic: Quickly now...What is the official slogan for the United States ?  (Read 492 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  Yes, some of you got it ! It is "In God We Trust"...
  The house of representatives took a vote yesterday to reaffirm the slogan.  Surprisingly, the "Ayes" were not unanimous.  The measure was approved by a 396 to 9 vote..    Check this count out, see who doesn't trust God, and vote accordingly...

http://nation.foxnews.com/congress/2011/11/01/see-which-congressmen-voted-against-god-we-trust

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Quickly now...What is the official slogan for the United States ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
judging by their actions I would say that some of the AYEs don't really mean it.
if they were Godly people, we wouldn't be in a big mess.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 03:00:26 AM »
  Yes, some of you got it ! It is "In God We Trust"...
  The house of representatives took a vote yesterday to reaffirm the slogan.  Surprisingly, the "Ayes" were not unanimous.  The measure was approved by a 396 to 9 vote..    Check this count out, see who doesn't trust God, and vote accordingly...

http://nation.foxnews.com/congress/2011/11/01/see-which-congressmen-voted-against-god-we-trust

One vote against using it was from a former United Methodist preacher from Mo. Emanuel Cleaver. He is also Chairman for the Black Caucus. I wonder how he would explain that vote to his former church members?

The only Republican nae vote came from a Tea Party backed candidate from Mi. Justin Amash.
Amash has a face Book account and takes questions from folks on it. (I'll have to check that out) I see Californicate took first place in the nae votes. :o
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:26:30 AM »
I thought you were asking for suggestions for a new slogan. I was going to say " Some of us work hard so you dont have to" or "Keep working. Millions of people on welfare are depending upon you." If you want to replace the "In Go We Trust" phrase on the money I would suggest "Have You Shared This Wealth Today?" or "For Redistribution Purposes Only"
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 03:34:25 AM »
In Obama we go bust
Swingem

Offline Gary G

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
Wasn't the 'In God WE Trust" motto created in 1957..?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust

We certainly can't trust in the money!
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:15:14 AM »
I would suggest that the actual date for official recognition is of little import, the truth of the motto stands..  The Bill of Rights was added after the constitution was actually written, and the constitution is being amended regularly...
  The recent vote was an opportunity for elected officials to "put their trust on the line".
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 02:44:26 AM »
A lot of the aye votes were undoubtedly just because of political expediency, they are probably worse than the folks who were at least honest.

Offline Shu

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 03:33:34 AM »
Are you sure it is "In God We Trust"?
Seems more like "borrow big, pay much later".
 "We really don't need God, we can screw this up by ourselves".
 "America the failing great experiment".
 " Do as we say not as we do or we will bomb you".
"America still creating puppet dictators who won't actually do our bidding".
 "America watch as we struggle to hold on and our mindless youth protest they aren't making 50$ an hour starting salary".
"America the greatest nation on earth gives up its soveriegnty like a crack addict"

Just some thoughts.