Author Topic: Apex .50 ML doesn't come with iron sights? Can't use scope, red dot?  (Read 611 times)

Offline BL Drake

• Trade Count: (0)
I just ordered a Apex ML yesterday and while looking around on the website again today I realized that the the ML doesn't come with iron sights.  My issue with this is that in SD you we are not allowed to use a scope for the ML season. 

So now my options are to have the sights put on, which I don't know if it can even be done...or go to a red dot sight.  I have no experience with the red dot stuff, and was wondering if anyone has put one on a ML before? What kind of success they have had with them?   I can't really spend a lot on one and would put my budget at about $100 if anyone has any recommendations. 

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Re: Apex .50 ML doesn't come with iron sights? Can't use scope, red dot?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »
Apex stock is designed for scope use. Open sights are doable but its a bit odd to get down on the stock to line them up.  You can use the durasight sights that come on other cva rifles but i think it would be best to shim the sights upward with something in order to make it more comfortable.

Offline BL Drake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Apex .50 ML doesn't come with iron sights? Can't use scope, red dot?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »
Looks like a visit to the gunsmith will be in order.