Author Topic: New York women arrested for no ID...  (Read 2259 times)

Offline evidrine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: New York women arrested for no ID...
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »
There is no constituional right to have a phone call. This grey area actually varries from state to states. The officers have full control on whether or not you get your call and when you get your call.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
There is no constituional right to have a phone call. This grey area actually varries from state to states. The officers have full control on whether or not you get your call and when you get your call.
if a cop were to be so foolish as to deny a phone call, look out for the lawsuit.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
Very true, you dont need to break two laws  ::) . But if that was the whole issue then the guy would not have been let go either. So apparently it had nothing to do with tresspassing. If it was all an ID thing then there should have been no reason for "its too late now..."

If I remember correcly the only "right" you have to a phone call is to an attorney. Other than that, its up to them.
The guy was let go with a summons, instead of being arrested.

Regarding who you can call BUGEYE is correct.  Even Ghostbusters. ;)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.