Author Topic: Newt and Herman "debate"  (Read 420 times)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
Newt and Herman "debate"
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:56:44 AM »
Anybody watch the event in Texas Friday night. They had Cain and  Gingrich together and gave them time to discuss their ideas rather than give 60 second answers to "gotcha" questions. Both had some pretty good ideas on how to get out of this mess. Either one has had more real world experience in economics than Obama and his entire cabinet have put together!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Newt and Herman "debate"
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »
you're right, but people just can't see it.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
   If you noticed; so far in the debates it has been Newt and Herman who have each been man enough to quit the internal "cat fighting" and take on the real object of our election efforts....Obama & Co...
  Newt has more pure "brain power" than anyone on that podium or in the Obama administration and the "Hermanator" has more originality and good business sense than the entire Obama cabinet.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »
   If you noticed; so far in the debates it has been Newt and Herman who have each been man enough to quit the internal "cat fighting" and take on the real object of our election efforts....Obama & Co...
  Newt has more pure "brain power" than anyone on that podium or in the Obama administration and the "Hermanator" has more originality and good business sense than the entire Obama cabinet.

I don't think anyone can  fault Newt's intellect.
It's his voting record, and character that scares me. He has voted for legislation in the past , that has help place us in the mess we find ourselves in today IMO!

I find it hard to believe his attitude or philosophy has changed.

The Record of Newt Gingrich [/t][/t]
[/t] 
1979Elected  to Congress from Georgia's 6th District
1979Voted  to create the Department of Education, under President Jimmy Carter
1990Becomes  member of Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
1993Voted  for NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement
1994Supported the WTO, the World Trade Organization. Voted  for GATT, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade that subjected Americans  to the international authority of the WTO (See his exact quote in accompanying  article.) See additional link.
1995Becomes  Speaker of the House of Representatives and recommends reading The Third  Wave by Alvin Toffler as required reading for all of his Congressional  colleagues. (See accompanying article.)
1995Delivers  speech to the Center for Strategic and International Affairs in which he blames  the US Constitution for making America's role in leading the world more  difficult! Read his full quote in accompanying article, "The American challenge in leading the world is compounded by our Constitution...".
1995Wrote  the foreword to another one of Toffler's books, The Politics of the Third  Wave, Creating a New Civilization
1995The  liberal establishment Time Magazine names Newt Gingrich their “Man of  the Year”
1995Appeals  to the US House of Representatives to increase the power of the Presidency by  repealing the War Powers Act of 1972, and urged President Clinton to expand the US  military presence in Bosnia.
1996Under his leadership, Congress passed the largest single spending increase on  education in US history, a whopping $3.5 billion dollars!
1999Newt  resigns over failed midterm elections in which Republicans lost 5 seats, the  worst loss in history for a Party who did not control the White House! At the same time, he was also involved in a flap  over an extra marital affair and a controversial book deal!

“The Reincarnation of Newt”[/t][/t]
[/t] 
2008Records  the 'We Can Solve It' global warming TV commercial for Al Gore along with Nancy  Pelosi
2009-2010Travels  around the country with Al Sharpton and Arne Duncan to promote President  Obama's new educational policies: i.e. increased local control of schools with increased  Federal subsidies and regulations from Washington. (Sounds like quite a contradiction to me.)
2010Supported  ultra-liberal, pro-abortion, pro-union, establishment candidate Dede Scozzafava  in New York's 23rd Congressional District in a special election, over  conservative candidate Doug Hoffman.
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 05:17:03 AM »
I just saw parts of it and give kudos to both for keeping it civil.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 05:31:11 AM »
NW hunter
  He is alot older now and I would hope wiser. To be fair list the good things he did while in office as well.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »
NW hunter
  He is alot older now and I would hope wiser. To be fair list the good things he did while in office as well.

Kind of hard for a leopard to change spots!  (Good Things) Well,he did vote to Impeach Clinton., and Voted yea on HR 4579. A bill to cut taxes on couples.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:26:52 PM »
didnt listen to the debate but ive listened to both of them a lot.i think either would be a vast improvement over current administration.i like cain for his common sense approach, newt is a historian and knows what it will take to get us out of where we are.time will tell