Author Topic: Yard Sign  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Yard Sign
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:42:06 AM »
This pretty much says it;

Offline spruce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Yard Sign
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »
I like it!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 04:55:28 PM »
I'd not want a jury shown that sign in my yard if I ever actually had to shoot someone. Cute maybe but not smart.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »
I'd not want a jury shown that sign in my yard if I ever actually had to shoot someone. Cute maybe but not smart.

Yeah, kind of carries the notion that your meaning to kill someone if they come in side to get your stuff. I agree, it just gives a lawyer a good tool to use against you in the event that you do kill someone.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 11:53:29 PM »

Yeah, kind of carries the notion that your meaning to kill someone if they come in side to get your stuff. I agree, it just gives a lawyer a good tool to use against you in the event that you do kill someone.

In addition to the above it also advertises the fact that there may be valuable guns in the house worth stealing when you are not home.  I don't display any signs or stickers at home or on my vehicles that identify me as a gun owner.    I'm sure word gets around enough without advertising.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »
I get the feeling the lawyers have too many fearing prosecution more than an intruder.  Funny thing here is that in some places a Beware of Dog sign in the yard can be used to avoid prosecution after a dog bite.  In reality there is no difference.  Personally, I don't advertise anything around my home.  My vehicles are always kept inside along with everything else so unless the doors are open or we are outside there is no way to tell if we are even home or not.  The thing is, I don't do these things to avoid intruders or prosecution.  I do things this way because I believe in taking care of what is mine.  Some here would have us believe even this would be used against me by an unscrupulous prosecutor. 

Where I live, an ADT or similar sign tells an intruder he has a 10 to 30 minute time window to take care of business.  A sign like the one above would at least give pause to any possible intruder that was intelligent enough to read. 

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:01:44 AM »

I agree. It was meant more as a joke than something you'd actualy want. :)  However, we do have a Castle Law here that means we don't have to run from an intruder and have every right to shoot in the pursute of protecting ourselve's and our property. Here it is automatcly assumed that anyone breaking into your home is not there to do you any good and thus the simple fact they are there has put your life in danger. Thus giving you the right to use deadly force. But warning them ahead of time that you're armed could simply lead to you being ambushed coming to or from your home to your car. I prefer to keep them guessing on that part. ;) The only signs I myself have up are, " Warning!!!! Video Surveilance! " decals on all the outside doors and windows. They work surprisingly well as thieves don't much like getting caught on video. Not a perfect sollution to break ins but they do help.

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 09:32:49 AM »
No good...

Needs to be in at least two languages

Doug

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »
No good...

Needs to be in at least two languages

Doug

Yep! English and I'm betting Spanish, but you'd think a siloette with bullet holes would be universal! ;)

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
It's the perfect sign if you live in Texas.