Author Topic: More global warming news..  (Read 687 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
More global warming news..
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »
  For the faithful followers of "Goreism"...    More bad news for the disciples of Pope Gore
       http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.209ec9a2ad059c4ffb6b615044e67c53.91&show_article=1

As the northeast got slammed a couple weeks ago, so Alaska is getting slammed now.  Although very early and definitely out of the norm, these folks can handle the cold.
   I must ask Alaskans however, how often are the coastal native villages evacuated due to wind driven ocean waves invading their towns ?   My guess is that these villages have not been evacuated for that reason..in living memory; but I will defer to Alaskans.
  The extreme winds are indeed a pheonomenon.  If the winds penetrate inland, the trees are not and cannot be deeply rooted, due to the permafrost.  Who knows how much damage would be done to the forested areas ?
     Global warming early blizzard.

Alaskans comment ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: More global warming news..
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:06:15 AM »
Algore should be up there studying this obvious evidence of "global warming."  He has to maintain his credibility.
Swingem

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 08:45:28 AM »
Guys, guys! Get it straight, it's now "Global Climate Change". That way any weather event, hot or cold can be traced back to SUV driving Americans.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 12:12:37 PM »
Guys, guys! Get it straight, it's now "Global Climate Change". That way any weather event, hot or cold can be traced back to SUV driving Americans.

You beat me to it! They dropped the "global warming" moniker in favor of "climate change" as to be more "all inclusive"
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
I don't play by Algore's rules.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »
I don't buy into his warming BS either. On the other hand I still have very green and healthy looking grass out in the back.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »
Interesting fact: The route Hannibal took through the Alps to invade Italy is now so choked with ice that it could not be done today.

The spot of the Romans first encampment for the invasion of England is known. It was just above the high water mark on the coast. It is now three miles inland.

Coastal forts built by Henry VIII [on the coast] are now over a mile inland.

Where did all this water go?  Ice
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »
  Good points, P.A. !

Here's some interesting info for our global warming/climate change idiot friends....

I recall seeing this story on TV and wondered why the "warmies" didn't catch a clue...  I believe it is primarily because they didn't WANT to know the truth !
   Planes lost during WW2 were recovered in 1992, but the recovery team had to dig down through 25 stories of ice !

http://p38assn.org/glacier-girl.htm

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »
That P-38 in Greenland was crushed by 256 feet of ice since 1944. An inconvenient truth.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 12:47:48 AM »

I thought it changed from that to "Global Climate Disruption" last year.  Did it change back?
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »
We can argue over what to call it or even if it exists, but one indisputable fact is that Al Gore has made a boatload of money by exploiting the whole situation.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 02:14:43 AM »
We can argue over what to call it or even if it exists, but one indisputable fact is that Al Gore has made a boatload of money by exploiting the whole situation.

Look up the Profit AlGores connection to Occidental (Oxy) Petroleum and how he pushed for the Elk Hills field to be sold to Oxy.  Also the tin mine on his property that has been cited many times for environmental violations.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 07:02:40 AM »

I thought it changed from that to "Global Climate Disruption" last year.  Did it change back?

Ah yes, how could I forget. Let's make sure we all call it by the name the White House "science adviser" wants us to call it.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/16/white-house-global-warming-global-climate-disruption/
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 07:22:18 AM »

Ah yes, how could I forget. Let's make sure we all call it by the name the White House "science adviser" wants us to call it.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/16/white-house-global-warming-global-climate-disruption/

I think the alarmists keep changing the name so that they can sneer at people for using the "wrong" name for their Chautauqua and Snake Oil show rather than address the issues.  "Why should I listen to YOU?  You don't even know the right words, so obviously you don't keep informed in the issue!"
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell