Author Topic: Should I buy a P32?  (Read 878 times)

Offline MTGlass

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Should I buy a P32?
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »
I have a box of .32 ammo & no .32 gun, but I do have a line on a NIB P32 for <$200 OTD.

Should I have one? "just because."

Pros? Cons?
Cordially,

MTGlass

Card Carrying Armed American Citizen

Offline lil_hunter12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Should I buy a P32?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:44:42 AM »
I had one for a little while and it was extremely accurate for such a short barrelled pistol it never jammed in the 3-400 rounds i fired in it just keep it clean and it will serve you well

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:48:01 AM »
love mine, i never leave home without it.

Offline mdwest

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:28 AM »
I owned one several years ago.. I put a pocket clip on it and wore it as a back up for a while..

I liked it for what it was.. an inexpensive, lightweight, reasonably reliable pistol.. designed to take care of threats at bad breath distances..

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »
You could do far worse and that's certainly a decent price as they normaly run $250 to $300. I cary one as a backup for my PF-9 and wouldn't think of getting rid of it.

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »
I have a box of .32 ammo & no .32 gun, but I do have a line on a NIB P32 for <$200 OTD.

Pros? Cons?

For the difference in cost, I'd opt for at least the P3AT (.380 ACP) because it is considerably more powerful and a more serious self-defense pistol if loaded with +P hollow points, yet the two pocket pistols are both about the same size and weight!

Routinely, when outside my home, I carry a "tried 'n true" Kel-Tec P-11 with the magazine full of Speer Gold Dots (124 grain hollow points) manufactured for "short barreled" pistols plus a Gold Dot in the chamber in an Uncle Mike's belt holster and hardly know it's there

I originally opted for the P3AT and put my 1935 Walther PPK in 7.65mm (aka ".32 ACP") in a hiding place in the house.  While the .380 with modern ammunition is definitely considered a reasonable self-defense pistol, I have to be honest and say that I have a LOT more confidence in a 9x19 +P hollow-point out of my P-11 than in an 85 or 90 grain +P hollow-point out of a P3AT.

That said, I must admit that I carried the little P3AT for a good many years before "moving up" to the P11.  And, let's face it, there is no question that a .380 hollow-point is better than a .32 hollow-point at stopping a "goblin".

In the small leather holster I have around my P3AT, it not only stayed a lot cleaner, but I actually "forgot" it was "there" until something alerted me and I remembered the little P3AT snuggled down in my pocket.

Ultimately... for self-defense purposes, a P-32 is better than nothing, a P3AT is better than a P-32 and a P-11 is better than a P3AT.  From there on up, the pistols "grow"considerably heavier and are physically larger in size... and their lighter weight and smaller size (aka "handiness") tends to disappear.

So it's up to you, my friend.  Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances...   :)

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tatonka

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »
My daughter has a p32 and she likes it. I carry a P3AT and forget it's there most of the time. I've never had a jam nor has my daughter. I also have a P9 and it too has been reliable and fairly accurate for a pocket gun.

Offline JJ Kelly

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 08:10:06 AM »
The keltec p-32 is 6.6 oz holds 8 rds. yes the .380 is more powerfull
but in a keltec I think the .380 is too much cartridge for this size gun
and will wear it out. Also the slide doesn't lock back on last shot, has
7 rds and is bigger / heavier. The keltec 3At has more recoil than the
p-32. The .32 with the 71 gr. ball feeds well and performs well for it's
size. The .32 is the smallest caliber I would use for self-defense, forget
all rimfire's and .25 acp is really too weak.

Offline Anduril

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

shucks, I had a couple hundred pieces of range pick-up 9mm brass and no gun so I went out and bought a PF-9.
I say go for it (if it's not too late).

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
A thing to remember, Kel Tecs will handle +P loads BUT ONLY IN MODERATION!